C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with C6 2008 NEW car....

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 11:57 PM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check the battery and change it if necessary.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:52 AM
gota07
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Check for good connections on BOTH ends of battery cables.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:59 AM
PA_BLUE_C6
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'10-'12, '15

Parese que es problema en communicacion entrer el PCM y el BCM. Abajo y enfrente de la senta de passajero es onde se encentra el BCM. Revisi todas coneqciones busqondo algo swelto. Si todo se mira bien, desconeqte al batteria por a lo menos 10 minutos para "reboot" la communcacion con el PCM. Ojala compone su problema con su Corvette.

Noe
Old 11-09-2008, 12:01 PM
abda53
Instructor

Originally Posted by PA_BLUE_C6
Parese que es problema en communicacion entrer el PCM y el BCM. Abajo y enfrente de la senta de passajero es onde se encentra el BCM. Revisi todas coneqciones busqondo algo swelto. Si todo se mira bien, desconeqte al batteria por a lo menos 10 minutos para "reboot" la communcacion con el PCM. Ojala compone su problema con su Corvette.

Noe
Nice try, but in Brazil they speak Portuguese, not Spanish.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:01 PM
PA_BLUE_C6
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'10-'12, '15

Too many "Heinekens"
Old 11-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Tiago Brito Ferreira
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by danl72
Check the battery and change it if necessary.
I already changed the battery 2 times ... I think that is not the battery... I already check the end cables and grounds . Now we are thinking that could be in IPC. We try to program the BCM by tech 2 scan but in the end it doesn't save the programing. It soudns stranger !?!?!

The IPC is very instable, some times it's stop everything,other times the warning lights and mensages apear on IPC and DIC: Fuel, RPM, Velocite.
The warning mensages still apear, Abs, air-bag, bracks, tire, tsc, security (painel lights ON). But the car works all right... only the IPC have this mensages / lights problem.
In morning after 5 min. working all right... this is the first mensage that apear on IPC.. (TSC light - service active handling system), after other lights and mesng ON too.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:21 PM
Tiago Brito Ferreira
Intermediate

My car is all original and new (600 miles)... the radio /CD setereo is original too.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:29 PM
RnLi
Burning Brakes

I suspect a couple things...... you shorted the battery when installing the cables and it "fried' some fuses...relays.

Something was not reinstalled correctly. I thorough review of EVERYTHING that was disassembled, is warranted.

Wondering if you are using a HIGH OCTANE GAS that is NOT a blend of ethanol?
Old 11-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Tiago Brito Ferreira
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RnLi
I suspect a couple things...... you shorted the battery when installing the cables and it "fried' some fuses...relays.

Something was not reinstalled correctly. I thorough review of EVERYTHING that was disassembled, is warranted.

Wondering if you are using a HIGH OCTANE GAS that is NOT a blend of ethanol?
We checked the fuse and relays (2 box - by side the battery and in floor passenger side) . We also change the position of the relays and fuses to know if the problem will change but not change nothing by side the.
I bought 03 new relays to test
01- nº 15328864
01- nº 12193606
01- nº 12193602
I changed and the problem still the same.

The engine works all right. What is the relation of Gas octane / ethanol with IPC lights. ( The IPC doesn’t ON the engine light, the engine is ok)
Old 11-11-2008, 01:46 AM
RnLi
Burning Brakes

Probably no relation to your problems. Just wondering about the accessability of a decent fuel, since us American owners are always arguing about the quality of available gas.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:23 AM
shopdog
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The OnStar module may be causing the problem with communications on the Class II bus. The module is located in the right rear of the car under the floor of the passenger side storage cubby. Since OnStar isn't available in your country, I would remove this module from the car as a propalactic measure. The other well known issue with the Class II bus is the factory radio, it has been known to prevent the Tech II from programming the BCM. Always pull the radio fuse when attempting to program the BCM.

Please ignore all of the people telling you to disconnect the battery to "reset" things. It won't reset anything other than cause you to have to redo window indexing. Everything else in a C6 is stored in NVRAM, pulling the battery won't reset anything. This disconnect the battery business is just folklore from the C4 days.

Since the car was fine for 200 miles after it was shipped to you, it is unlikely anything came loose during shipping. However, depending on the condition of your roads, something may have shaken loose after you drove it for 200 miles. But a loose or open connection wouldn't interfere with Class II bus communications between other modules, just the one that came loose would be affected. So a loose connection is unlikely. A short is more likely. Look for chaffing of Class II bus cabling. This bus goes all over the car, so an exhaustive search where wires cross metal will be required.

Most likely, though, is a module problem. I suspect the BCM has a fault. It is possible that the IPC has a fault, but I'm more inclined to suspect the BCM.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:49 AM
PAUZAO
Drifting

Oi Tiago, naci no Brasil tambem, com um pai Americano e mae do Uruguay. Tambem tenho um Corvette 2008. Tem que ter uma sede que pode fornecer garantia neste carro no Brasil. Talvez no Rio ou em Sao Paulo? Se nao, chame um dealership aqui nos EUA, e fale com um dos gerentes no departamento de servicios, e comunice os erros e codigos que voce esta scaneando.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:18 AM
4ever
Heel & Toe

sorry for you my friend, i know how you must feel !!!
i think you should look on the internet and make some calls, there must be somebody near you that will know how to help you, help over the forum is great but i feel that your problem is deeper then just battery trouble.

i really hope you get this fixed and will have fun with your new ride !
Old 12-29-2008, 06:56 PM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ttt
Old 12-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Vettlldo
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kellf190
At a quick glance it sure sounds like a wiring or connection issue. Seems the error codes point to the BCM. I would check all the connections to the BCM which is located in the right foot well behind the carpet. Disconnect the negitive terminal on the battery first. Is there any change or sign the car had water around it?
I am wondering if he spilled a coke or bottled water over the passenger foot well.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:45 PM
mongooseC6
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Tiago, I hope you get your problems fixed soon. By the way, your English is very good. I would shudder to think what it look like if I tried to write your same note in Portuguese. Best of luck. I know you are frustrated.

Last edited by mongooseC6; 12-29-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Race Prepared
Burning Brakes

Received 78 Likes on 53 Posts

This might be a stretch, but most of the vehicles in Brazil are powered by ethanol. Any chance that your car has had an adverse reaction to the fuels used in Brazil?

Get notified of new replies

To Problem with C6 2008 NEW car....

Old 12-29-2008, 10:52 PM
cmicasa
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Gotta ask... What OCTANE do U guys have down there? I know a lot of your vehicles run on Ethanol, but I don't know how much Ethanol U have mixed in down there. For example.. most U.S. gas has a 10% Ethanol factor
Old 12-29-2008, 11:48 PM
George Ware
Racer

Sorry to hear about your C6.

George Ware
Old 12-30-2008, 12:28 AM
SHen350
Advanced

Well, I am not sure if this could be the problem or not... I stored my C5 for the winter at my off site garage, disconnected the battery, added gas additive... the next spring I hooked everything back up and it was fine for a little while, then all my engine warning lights started going crazy. I took it in and apparently the battery acid had come out of the battery and started eating into the wiring harness while it had been sitting for 3 months. It was about $7500 to fix, which is why I now have a C6.

Quick Reply: Problem with C6 2008 NEW car....