C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

thoughts on worry about first scratch,ding,etc.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 12:04 AM
hogasm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thoughts on worry about first scratch,ding,etc.

Just to share my experience I really enjoyed my C6 never really worried much about these things we hear somuch about here. Just drive it was my motto .....However I'm sure the first scratch was a bad one for me as I have not found where Hurricane IKE has deposited it's remains the garage it was in is completely gone ... Galveston Bay near the Houston Yacht & (Now Vette) club is my guess...

We were fortunate even though our home harleys cars boats & plane were not ....now for the insurance wait.....just got electricity back today and was told 10 days till the adjuster comes. There is nothing left to adjust!

Sorry still shell shocked.....
Old 10-02-2008, 12:17 AM
AtHomeSoda
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Ouch!

My heart is with you... it hurts... you work hard for stuff.. and poof, it is gone. I hope insurance is not too painfull... as they never get it right the first time normally... best of luck... at least you are here still to deal with it
Craig
Old 10-02-2008, 12:33 AM
zare191
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Very sorry to hear about your losses! No matter how dark it seems now, hang in there. It will get better.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:38 AM
AP
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I worried about my first scratch ... after that it was all good ... I do not try to make more ... but I am no longer OCD about then...
Old 10-02-2008, 12:42 AM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear about that.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:48 AM
Walkthedog
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

wow that gives us a little perspective.
Best wishes for the future
Old 10-02-2008, 12:51 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm sorry for your losses. Not to make light of the situation but things can be replaced. Try to make the best of a bad situation and go-on from here...best of luck!
Old 10-02-2008, 07:53 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,932 Likes on 4,812 Posts

Originally Posted by Walkthedog
wow that gives us a little perspective.
Best wishes for the future
Old 10-02-2008, 10:06 AM
peter pan
Life Time NCM #2196

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,099 Likes on 810 Posts

Glad you and the family are ok and same for your toys and I hope they build your new garage better than the old one
Old 10-02-2008, 10:31 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Welcome back. This house was at the eye of a Cat 3+ about 4 years ago so I know how hard it is to imagine how bad it can be. Luckily I'm not on the beach so the damage was minor here compared to a few blocks away but seeing a sewer line 10 feet in the air because the water dug a hole and then just folded it backward gives you pause about the advantages of living in paradise.

Good luck with the insurance. Actually, loosing everything can be an advantage because there's no lowballing the repair cost and is it water damage or wind damage is usually easier to decide in favor of water. But don't be surprised if getting everything back to normal takes several years. It took this area over 2 years to settle the insurance claims enough to remove all the debris and it depends on the community. If everyone cleans up their own mess as our city did, it goes a lot quicker than if everyone wants the government to help. 4 years later an area to the west is still in terrible shape because everyone wants someone else to clean up the mess. There are piles of rubble still still waiting for someone to decide the government isn't going to come wipe their nose every time they stumble.

Get notified of new replies

To thoughts on worry about first scratch,ding,etc.

Quick Reply: thoughts on worry about first scratch,ding,etc.