C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Stolen and Thief Dies In Wreck

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Wayne88
Race Director

Received 654 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter99
I don't believe that they feel "like a big man" for saying that..I think they feel like me and that we are tired of seeing these..let me see how should I phrase it for you...oh yes, "misguided, misunderstood troubled youth who has been unable to pursue his dreams as he came from a broken home and went to a school that wasn't as well funded as other schools and was denied an opportunity to reach his full potential"

ok whatever...I'm calling I see these people everyday at work and guess what..they don't give a flying s*** about you your family, your car or anything else except themselves. So please unless you have a job dealing with these losers everyday don't tell me I should feel sympathy for them. Yeah he was someones son and guess what I think they should have been a better parent. They probably gave him "time out" when he was bad. Buncha PC touchy feely crap is why our country is in the shape it is now. No one wants to be a parent they want to be their kids friend.

end of rant
I see nothing wrong with your point of view, but my point was that calling a recently deceased person a name on the Internet is stupid. He's dead, it's over with and what more can you add to death.

On the PR&C forum there was a recent thread calling Paul Newman, the recently deceased actor, derogatory names. I was bashed there for objecting to the name-calling.

I always maintain, if anyone wants to call anyone a name, do it to their face, otherwise they are cowards.
I think this forum should add another icon, along with this one

The icon should depict the beating a human corpse, because there is no sense in it. Dead is dead, you can't add to it.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:28 PM
scooterpilot
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bad news: A 2007 Vett is destroyed. Hopefullly, the owner has gap insurance.

Good News: No innocent citizens were hurt!

Better News: No Law Enforcement personnel went IOD or worse!

BEST NEWS: Citizens don't have to pay for a defense attorney or 3 square meals for the criminal.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:30 PM
wsharp24
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vettnut69
Sad that it had to end with the 22 year old losing his life.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:54 PM
carlrx7
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

so sad....
Old 10-01-2008, 03:02 PM
kgelliott
Drifting

Originally Posted by Wayne88

I always maintain, if anyone wants to call anyone a name, do it to their face, otherwise they are cowards.
Besides the poor grammar in this statement, I'd also object to the silly logic. It presupposes we are living in a society rulled by bullies; and due to physical dominance, they alone are able to express opinions which might be objectionable to others. However, being smart enough to realize someone isn't mentally stable enough to sanely deal with your criticism face to face is NOT being a coward. The coward is the guy who can only use physical prowess to dominate opinion sharing.

So, IMHO, I can't imagine thinking anyone would feel too sorry for me if I had done what the car thief did. Sometimes it just restores confidence in cosmic justice when it is administered swiftly.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Wayne88
Race Director

Originally Posted by kgelliott
Besides the poor grammar in this statement, I'd also object to the silly logic. It presupposes we are living in a society rulled by bullies; and due to physical dominance, they alone are able to express opinions which might be objectionable to others. However, being smart enough to realize someone isn't mentally stable enough to sanely deal with your criticism face to face is NOT being a coward. The coward is the guy who can only use physical prowess to dominate opinion sharing.

So, IMHO, I can't imagine thinking anyone would feel too sorry for me if I had done what the car thief did. Sometimes it just restores confidence in cosmic justice when it is administered swiftly.
Nice try
Old 10-01-2008, 03:32 PM
wrecks
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=lionelhutz;1567301343]Seriously, I read that and just think it's good he only managed to kill himself and not some other innocent people who were unfortunate to get in his way. I really can't muster up any sympathy for a thief.

Peter[/QU
Old 10-01-2008, 03:38 PM
Vette_Pilot
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts

Old 10-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Paul Scarpelli
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm amazed you could auger a Z06 into a brick wall that hard, and still maintain some structural integrity. That aluminum frame punched a pretty good hole in the wall. Impressive. For that discovery, alone, I am glad this event occured, but I lament the loss of the car, and my condolences go out to the owner.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:40 PM
kleptopigdog
Pro

Originally Posted by Paul Scarpelli
I'm amazed you could auger a Z06 into a brick wall that hard, and still maintain some structural integrity. That aluminum frame punched a pretty good hole in the wall. Impressive. For that discovery, alone, I am glad this event occured, but I lament the loss of the car, and my condolences go out to the owner.
It hit the wall at a slight angle It actually ended up about 110ft dowwn the road.For you guys that live here i talked to a cop who told me an estimated 3 sec run from brook st to the over pass 150mph plus Jumped a set a tracks bounced off the ramp and in to the building . I go down that road everyday.Two rookie cops tried to pull him out And start cpr before first responders arrived .I think the engine was on the guy .He was dead.Yes it do'es affect other people .The guy i was talking to said this one kinda bothered him.Said the other guys were dealing with it .My friend that responded [ fire department] said the cops were trying to do cpr when he got there .Well anyway that 4 more lives it affected .a vet cop some rookie cops and some firemen . As for the guy, it's hard to feel bad about human loss ,in this instance nobody got hurt .Physically other than the driver. But damn you put every thing you have into building your own little piece of the world to have some one come into your home and take what they want ????To me that sunaceptable .Starting to rant .Excuse my typing [two fingers ]Almost up to 5 words a minute.

Last edited by kleptopigdog; 10-01-2008 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:09 PM
twinger01
Pro

another dead criminal.....what a shame. too bad for the corvette and the owner.......and too bad he didnt have one of his criminal friends in the passenger seat that couldve died too.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:31 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,195 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

I see nothing wrong with your point of view, but my point was that calling a recently deceased person a name on the Internet is stupid. He's dead, it's over with and what more can you add to death.

On the PR&C forum there was a recent thread calling Paul Newman, the recently deceased actor, derogatory names. I was bashed there for objecting to the name-calling.

I think this forum should add another icon, along with this one

The icon should depict the beating a human corpse, because there is no sense in it. Dead is dead, you can't add to it.

true...you can't add to it....but if he lived and was a vegetable would you be ok with us calling him a POS thief?

I'm just sayin .....

as long as these people steal from law abiding citizens and cause the rest of us to pay increased insurance rates and take care of their lousy butts while they are in jail and waste our tax dollars on trials to allow them to run free I think we are entitled to call them whatever we want..dead or alive.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:45 PM
Wayne88
Race Director

true...you can't add to it....but if he lived and was a vegetable would you be ok with us calling him a POS thief?

I'm just sayin .....

as long as these people steal from law abiding citizens and cause the rest of us to pay increased insurance rates and take care of their lousy butts while they are in jail and waste our tax dollars on trials to allow them to run free I think we are entitled to call them whatever we want..dead or alive.
You make some good points.
It would be a better world with less crime.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:49 PM
VetVetter
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: YOU SEE ... I'M NOT CRAZY ...I'M JUST AHEAD OF THE CURVE
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

A women dies in car accident caused by slippery roads in the rain: sad.

A young man dies falling off bridge he was repairing: sad.

A criminal with previous record, steals someone else's car, runs from police, endangers the lives who-knows-how-many other people, then kills only himself: rare occasion of self-inflicted justice.

I don't celebrate the loss of life - but I am ambivalent.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Die2Win
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope the driver gets fully reimbursed for a new C6.

Thief got what he deserved IMO. No sympathy here. My guess is he has a long record and was out being a criminal again after our crappy justice system gave him several smacks on the wrist. Lifes tough..its tougher when you are stupid. No useless court time on some poor LEOs day off.
Bravo
Old 10-01-2008, 06:52 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,195 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

You make some good points.
It would be a better world with less crime.
yep...my daily workload would be a lot lighter too
Old 10-01-2008, 06:52 PM
shawn 84&92
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks like he stole more car than he could handle.
Should have stuck to stealing Hondas.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Stolen and Thief Dies In Wreck

Old 10-01-2008, 06:58 PM
jrizzuto
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jrizzuto
good he's dead.
So many opinions, it's really amazing. But think for a minute, for all of you who feel sorry for him....

If he lived.....he might try it again

If he lived...he might be crippled for life, and "we" would pay his medical bills

If he lived... he might have sued the owner of the car because it went so fast and he couldn't control it. And some defense lawyer would make a great case and win big bucks for him.

So I'm sticking with my very simple comment...

Originally Posted by jrizzuto
good he's dead.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Jaxon
Pro

If the judicial system worked he'd still be alive today, and in jail. I blame liberals for advocating a "soft on crime" approach.
If his parents did their job, they wouldn't be burying their son.
If you don't think a Corvette is worth more than a human life just try to take one from someone who is armed.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:09 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts

uhhhh cthusker...if you notice the that was posted I think he was joking
Since it comes from you I promise not write this guy citations until my pen runs out of ink should I ever find him driving in my state! JUST KIDDING...

If he was indeed making a joke I stand corrected! I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here.... perhaps it was just a and nothing more.

I do however stand by my statement that most "Johhnylaws" can handle a vehicle pretty darn well............

Thanks for pointing out the smiley...

Quick Reply: C6 Stolen and Thief Dies In Wreck