C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Brings Out The Worst in (Some) People??

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 05:13 PM
From C6ZO62C8
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RRVettes
Some folks were dropped on their heads at birth, just ignore them and keep waving.

some people are just
1. idiots
2. jealous
3. ignorrant
4. jerks

but don't worry there are some good people still out there
Old 09-02-2008, 05:17 PM
Vette4Lyfe
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts

Don't worry about those idiots, they can't afford cars like vettes anyways. Just keep driving and ignore them. I had the same thing happen to my family, one day we went out shopping on a Sunday and we were in our Lincoln Navigator and this moron pulls up in a blue Ford F-150. We were at a stop light and he was taking a left turn like a meter in front of us on the left. He kept staring at our SUV and when the light turned green he stuck the finger up at us and drove off really quickly... I mean what's the point... jealousy??
Old 09-02-2008, 05:18 PM
2006c6keller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dpigguy
there is no accounting for the stupidity of others - we can only control our actions so enjoy the ride and don't worry about the problems others may have. I wouldn't turn around and ask him what his problem is or was - here in TX that will get you shot!
Amen!
Old 09-02-2008, 05:41 PM
KB9GKC
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

[QUOTE=rjwoerheide;1566940816]On our way home from our first road trip in the Corvette this weekend, I was heading down a long sloping road in the country and a line of cars was approaching in the opposite direction. The driver of the lead car gave me a good, long middle-finger salute as he passed by me. "That guy just flipped me off," I told my wife.

Hello from Green Bay,

He is one of lifes losers, the losers hate the winners and winners have toys. For some people it sucks to look up at all the people doing better then they are. When I was a boy I looked up to lifes winners and said, "I want to be like that and I admired them."

Enjoy that Car!
A toast to being a winner!
Douglas
Old 09-02-2008, 05:43 PM
C5North
Race Director

Location: HOPE is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Received 127 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by rjwoerheide

The only explanation I can come up with is, this guy thinks I'm part of the problems our country/world is facing. That my "gas guzzling" sports car is polluting our atmosphere and keeping us addicted to foreign oil.
Naw, my guess is that he is just a jealous asshat. No more complicated than that.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:22 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

It isn't just the Vette. I get more road rage when I drive my Denali.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jealousy.

Tell your wife to be quick with her finger. Next time you can fire back two!
Old 09-02-2008, 07:32 PM
RushThruLife
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe his vette was in the shop, and by you driving yours, it just ticked him off. Then again maybe not.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Tzzird
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe the guy was flipping off the people behind him that were tailgating him because he was going too slow. And you just happened to get a piece of it as you drove past?

Either way, what a dipsh*t.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:44 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperX
The only people I know would key cars are people that have no sense of hard work. 99.9% of them are liberals.
I'm pretty liberal and I worked my *ss off to get this car, I don't flip people off or key cars and I wave at other Corvette owners!

How did your comment contribute to this thread?
Old 09-02-2008, 09:49 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by slacker1201
Who cares, drive on and enjoy the Vette.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:50 PM
ALVetteFan
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Old 09-02-2008, 09:55 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,259 Likes on 920 Posts

You had a cool vette and he knew that he would never have one. Some people are just d##k heads. I get allot of never got the one finger salute. Drive proud.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I wouldn't bother trying to create an explanation or rationalization as to why this guy flipped you off...some people are just idiots. I think you’re giving him credit for more intelligence than he deserves.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:16 PM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So here I am on Sunday, with the wife in the A/O '09 coupe, and driving into Bethpage State Park...an older guy (late 60's?) pulls out in his '64 convertible right in front of me. I had to hit the brakes. I could have been really pissed. It was too nice a day, and really no big deal, ...I just waved and he waved back with a move and a knowing look that apologized for a kind of dopey move. I saw him again later in the parking lot and waved again. He waved back and I realized that sometimes being friendly really catches on. Even if they give you the finger...wave and smile anyway. It'll work......
Old 09-02-2008, 10:22 PM
BBA
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oneslowc6
its ironic that you post this, as I purchased my 05 less than 2 weeks ago and have had already 2 people give me the finger as well.
At first I didn't know how to react as this was a new action I have seen from a complete stranger for no reason at all.
Happened to me once. Riding with my bud in his Z06. Guy started flipping us off so I just smiled and waved, the guy got angry and started cussing me out, he ended up so pissed he smashed the can of soda he was drinking from against his driver window. So I just smiled and waved more. His wife started looking the other way in embarassment. I did feel bad, for her sake because would probably end up getting abused by him when they got home.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Drewdog
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Brings Out The Worst in (Some) People??

Old 09-02-2008, 11:36 PM
VettedCandidate
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only people I know would key cars are people that have no sense of hard work. 99.9% of them are liberals.
...see what I mean...CF has a$$holes too! Nothing like a great big stupid generalization to show off your lack of intelligence.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Just Buy It
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

I get more A holes than ever when I am in my vette. Cut me off,flip the finger like a pathic loser. I my younger years I would have followed them and beat the crap out of them. Now I just laugh it off and know they they are losers. Enjoy the ride!
Old 09-03-2008, 01:26 AM
Icewind Dale
Racer

Originally Posted by rjwoerheide
On our way home from our first road trip in the Corvette this weekend, I was heading down a long sloping road in the country and a line of cars was approaching in the opposite direction. The driver of the lead car gave me a good, long middle-finger salute as he passed by me. "That guy just flipped me off," I told my wife.

"Why?" She asked.

And that's what I've been trying to figure out. Does the Corvette just bring out the worst in some people? I've been reading a lot of threads about forum members getting keyed, and I have little doubt that if the "gentlemen" who flipped me off was walking past any one of our cars in a parking lot he wouldn't hesitate to drag a key across its finish.

There I was, driving along, enjoying my first trip in the car I've wanted since I was 9 years old (and have worked hard to get) and some bonehead flips me off when I didn't do a thing to him!

The only explanation I can come up with is, this guy thinks I'm part of the problems our country/world is facing. That my "gas guzzling" sports car is polluting our atmosphere and keeping us addicted to foreign oil. The irony is, my car probably gets better mileage than his! Or at least it gets way better gas mileage than the Jeeps and 4Runners whom he would never think to flip-off. On top of that, I drive about 3,000 miles a year and carpool or take PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION the rest of the time. How often does he sit on the Metro train elbow to elbow with the common man? How many miles does he pollute into the atmosphere every year?

I guess my point is this guy said way more about himself than about me, or the type of car I drive. It's shocking (especially in the Mid West, where people are usually very friendly) to come across someone so ignorant and judgmental and willing to gesticulate it to me. And it's surprising to me that there is so much animosity toward our country's best and longest lived sports car, and the people who drive it.

I never expected that.

Luckily, I did see two Corvettes—a yellow LS1 and a green LT1—as well and got a wave from one of them (the LT1 was too busy checking out my car to wave ).

Thanks for letting me vent
Actually for every 1 A-Hole I come across, I come across 5 people who are more than respectful of the car and its heritage. Its the price of owning a flashy car, there will always be haters. Just blip your throttle and you'll forget what you were annoyed about!

Quick Reply: Corvette Brings Out The Worst in (Some) People??