C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unresolved dispute with Blk Cts V

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 10:43 AM
XCELER8
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StanNH
That's not how it works at all. Often, the damage or loss can not be determined until the package has been signed for and delivered. In this case, the damage to the package was noted by the driver at the time of delivery.

When informed of damage, the shipper files a claim with UPS. UPS is responsible for the inspection and claim, which is then paid to the shipper. Other than reporting the damage, the buyer does not get involved at all. After payment of the claim, the shipper refunds the purchase price directly to the buyer.

The buyer will usually not be able to issue a refund until the UPS settlement has been received, which can take a few weeks. In this case all that is needed is an acknowledgement by the seller that the claim is in the works, and a refund will be issued when the UPS check is received.
But highly doubt that a UPS rep stated to the buyer that the claim was approved. They have strict guidelines to deal only with the contract party which is the shipper.

Goodluck
Old 08-30-2008, 11:11 AM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 551 Likes on 338 Posts

1. NEVER accept an open or damaged package. 2. i have been screwed by dishonest sellers this way. they buy insurance, you get the damaged goods (not knowing untill after you open the package) and UPS is gone. THEY get the claim money and disappear with twice the money. system that does not protect the buyer...only the shipper.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:13 AM
StanNH
Le Mans Master

Received 1,221 Likes on 411 Posts

Originally Posted by XCELER8
But highly doubt that a UPS rep stated to the buyer that the claim was approved. They have strict guidelines to deal only with the contract party which is the shipper.

Goodluck
Correct, they're not supposed to discuss it with anyone but the shipper. The buyer gets involved with the pickup and the inspection of the package for damage, but that's it.

There was a similar thread recently, and it was resolved by both the buyer and seller getting on the same page as far as communication.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:19 AM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Actually in the one instance that a top got broken in shipment to me in my c5 days,they (ups) did let me know after a while that the claim was approved.They sent the check to the seller who then sent me the money,but beat me out of the shipping cost!The whole thing took a couple of months at least.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:03 PM
mvcrash
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Unresolved Disputes.

Here is how it is handled.

The Forum allows a factual post on an unresolved dispute with a vendor or another member once all efforts to resolve the issue offline have been exhausted. Then, the post must be factual and cannot be used to bash the vendor or the member. Once the post has been made, it cannot be repeated in other sections or on other days.

Moderators will try to leave such threads open until everybody with direct knowledge of the issue being addressed has had a chance to provide their version of the facts. The thread must not become a running debate on the accuracy of the “facts” and may not deteriorate into an exchange of personal attacks. Neither should be used as an opportunity for speculation by those who do not have direct knowledge of the issue.

Once there has been the opportunity for the facts on all sides to be posted, the thread will be locked. It will remain in the database and will be available for review by those who are researching the topic, vendor or member.

The Forum is not in a position to monitor transactions or to determine the “true facts” in most disputes. Upon request, however, the Forum will try to intervene and mediate a settlement suitable to all parties in a dispute. When issues are resolved in the matter, it will be posted to the original dispute thread so it becomes part of the searchable record. We believe that is a more useful record of performance for potential customers than would be an eBay-style rating system.

As has been our past practice, members or vendors who show a pattern of unresolved issues will be removed from Corvetteforum.com.

Please refrain from posting any negative comments until the other party posts a response
Old 08-30-2008, 05:00 PM
Blk Cts V
Instructor

Wow first you state the package was damaged due to packing. If you look at the picture you posted the box is intact.(the same box you shipped back to me).Then you said it was open when you got it. Then you also state parts are missing (the wiring harness & switch bezel). If the box was open when you got it why did you accept it? You also state I told you UPS was not going to cover this. NOT TRUE THERE IS A OPEN CLAIM WITH THEM.!! The buyer has changed his storry more than once so I don't know who's telling the truth(BUYER or UPS). But as I said before there is a claim with UPS and I will let you know the outcome if there is a refund you will get it!!!!

Last edited by Blk Cts V; 08-31-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:20 PM
mvcrash
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both sides have spoken

Last edited by mvcrash; 08-30-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Vettenutz4821
Intermediate

Default dispute

I bought a painted top from Wicked C5 (Reid Yoken) and it was slightly damaged in shipping. I got an estimate from the local dealer to repair, and Wicked C5 sent me a refund for that amount asap. He dealt with the shipper for insurance claim. Thats the way ALL sellers should deal with buyers. Way to go Reid............
Old 08-31-2008, 05:47 PM
RanGer498
Melting Slicks

I have not changed my story.
-the box came open
and
-items in it where missing and damaged (mabe due to the items taken out when in transit or the way the box was packed in the first place or they where already like that and the items where not in it)

Please take a look at the pic of teh box, is that box it tact with no crush marks ?

NO.It has crush marks since its so weak and flimsy,not to add you or the ups store you shipped it from ,used a very thin sheet of foam (little more than paper thick is the best way to describe it)to protect the HUD screen that came damaged not to add the poor securing of the box with one strip of tape.

take time to re-read my post why i took the package ?

Then to get info from you its like pulling teeth
I ask you whats going on via pm ,you reply "nothing" then the last time we spoke you made no sense "YOW man that box came back open and stuff is missing ,I dont know what happen but I dont think UPS did that "

thats what you told me.

AND YES THEN YOU TOLD ME UPS IS NOT GOING TO PAY YOU!
but you would try to reclaim it again but you know it will be no good and your not going to take the loss.

Why do you think i took it to this level?

another shot of the box (look at the crease marks where the box was just getting crushed all around since its so weak)

Items inside the box for im not sure what and you can see the crease marks inside as well.

Damaged instrument cluster

damaged HUD projector (has a crack)

Well ill keep you all updated as best i can .

Quick Reply: Unresolved dispute with Blk Cts V