C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nose Bar

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 03:49 PM
djgrelli
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nose Bar

Hello Everyone. Haven't been to the site for a while. Sold my 78 last Oct at Ocean City's Corvette meet. Now have an 05 coupe. I'm heading to Canada tomorrow morining (4:00 AM) and have a question about my Colgan Nose Bra. It's the first Bra that I've had for any of my vehicles.

It fits like a glove but I'm concerned about the weather tomorrow. I might be hitting pockets of light rain on my way up 81. Will the Bra be ok and more importantly will it affect my paint under the bra. I intend to take it off when I get to my destination so it'll only be on about 10 hours at the most.

Everyone have a safe and happy Labor Day
Old 08-28-2008, 04:23 PM
TRR
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't answer your question but here's a bump for you and have a safe trip.

TRR
Old 08-28-2008, 04:28 PM
djgrelli
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks so much.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:33 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by djgrelli
Hello Everyone. Haven't been to the site for a while. Sold my 78 last Oct at Ocean City's Corvette meet. Now have an 05 coupe. I'm heading to Canada tomorrow morining (4:00 AM) and have a question about my Colgan Nose Bra. It's the first Bra that I've had for any of my vehicles.

It fits like a glove but I'm concerned about the weather tomorrow. I might be hitting pockets of light rain on my way up 81. Will the Bra be ok and more importantly will it affect my paint under the bra. I intend to take it off when I get to my destination so it'll only be on about 10 hours at the most.

Everyone have a safe and happy Labor Day
As long as you don't leave it sitting on for days, under the sun, you'll be fine. Try to clean off both the underside of the bra and the painted surface it will contact to the extent that you can. If you take a few towels with you, and a few microfiber towels, you can do it easily. Anything underneath the bra won't be totally filthy so it should be easy and relatively clean.

Good trip!

Just so you know, what has happened in the past is one of 2 things: it gets wet underneath and eventually starts to "cook" betw. the sun and moisture being tightly held to the clear coat. Now, today's clear coat may be different, but I wouldn't count on it. The second thing is, of course, the grit and dust. If it gets in there, you put the cover/bra back on, as the wind hits it and the motion of the car, it slowly grinds away. That you don't want either.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:34 PM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

I've got a Colgan, but have never used it in the rain, but take it off when washing the car. I would think that given the forward motion of the car, and its aerodynamics that the amount of rain that gets under the cover would be very limited.

I would however, remove it as soon as the car is stopped for a period of time - - especially if it's in the sun-- and let the cover air dry completely before re-installing.

Good luck - -
Old 08-28-2008, 04:55 PM
rjwoerheide
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As others have said I believe you will be fine if you just remove the bra at your destination, dry it and any moisture on the front end of your car. Having moisture under the bra for a short period of time should be OK, IMO.

Get notified of new replies

To Nose Bar

Quick Reply: Nose Bar