C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Candy Store

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Rick@MaxiePrice.com
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette Candy Store

100 Corvettes in stock or on the way in! Like being in a Candy Store. Great buys on everyone of them.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:39 AM
N62XS
Pro

Default Be Careful!

If you deal with these guys, get everything in writing, especially if you are traveling in from out of the area. We had a trade/deal on an 08 vert last December 31st. Everything was in hand, we traveled to the dealership to complete the deal, deliver our trade in, C5 03 50th, pay cash for the balance and place the order. When we sat down, we were told the the price quoted on December 20th was "incorrect" due to a price increase on December 18th. The money difference was not astronomical, but the perceived attitude was "OK we made a mistake, but since your here you'll pay rather than walk". Well, we walked. 50 miles out of the dealership, our cell phone rang with an offer to "meet in the middle". We ended up buying elsewhere with a no hassle, pre December 18th price, identical to the original price quoted from "The Corvette King".

Other friends have had about a 50/50 experience with the "Corvette King". Count me in the once bitten, twice shy.

FWIW.

Robby Knox

Last edited by N62XS; 08-28-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:35 PM
Daytona Bob
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '09 & '12, '14

Wow you guys have a horrid past. Can't get away from these bad experience posts. That says alot.

However It's my understanding its a new day and Rick is a stand up guy who recently took over selling corvettes.

I'd consider Maxie Price but make sure you contact Rick.

Good Luck Shoppers!
Old 08-28-2008, 01:45 PM
jiscot
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daytona Bob
Wow you guys have a horrid past. Can't get away from these bad experience posts. That says alot.

However It's my understanding its a new day and Rick is a stand up guy who recently took over selling corvettes.

I'd consider Maxie Price but make sure you contact Rick.

Good Luck Shoppers!

I've been in sales a very very long time and one person CAN make a difference. If Rick notices that the company cannot deliver on HIS promises, he'll take action.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:59 PM
RussellZ
Burning Brakes

Actions speak louder then words and a reputation speaks for itself. I would rather buy from a dealership that has a good reputation rather then take a chance with a dealership that is trying to improve. A bad reputation is always an earned reputation and it's not up to honest people to help them get out of their hole. I'm sure if they could continue to get away with their old business practices that they would continue. Just my opinion..... I'm not the guy who gives second chances.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:14 PM
T's C6
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RussellZ
Actions speak louder then words and a reputation speaks for itself. I would rather buy from a dealership that has a good reputation rather then take a chance with a dealership that is trying to improve. A bad reputation is always an earned reputation and it's not up to honest people to help them get out of their hole. I'm sure if they could continue to get away with their old business practices that they would continue. Just my opinion..... I'm not the guy who gives second chances.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:43 PM
PO10TIAL
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-28-2008, 02:50 PM
slappy3347
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 16 Posts

I've never bought a car from Rick or ever even talked to him about a car. He was in Michigan when I bought mine. With that said, I've heard nothing but great things about Rick and the way he treats his customers. If I were to buy another car, I would for sure give Rick a chance. His good rep in my opinion exceeds the poor rep of the dealership. Things change, give 'em a chance. My .02.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:55 PM
ken4hm
Intermediate

Originally Posted by slappy3347
I've never bought a car from Rick or ever even talked to him about a car. He was in Michigan when I bought mine. With that said, I've heard nothing but great things about Rick and the way he treats his customers. If I were to buy another car, I would for sure give Rick a chance. His good rep in my opinion exceeds the poor rep of the dealership. Things change, give 'em a chance. My .02.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:01 PM
RussellZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by slappy3347
I'm sure Rick is a good guy. I've read some of his posts and it's obvious he wants to change things. From my point of view he took a job that will be an uphill battle. I give him props for his enthusiasm but it was his choice to work for a dealership with a bad reputation. The bottom line is that it's the owners of the dealership who benefit from every dollar that they take. I have no experience with them but I've read about their horrid past on these forums. I don't understand why anyone would want to give their hard earned money to these people. A wolf is a wolf even if it is dressed as a sheep. Again, just my opinion and I encourage anyone who wants to do business with them to go for it. You're the one taking the risk and supporting people who were not good to it's customers in the past.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:14 PM
wsharp24
Burning Brakes

Good point!
Old 08-28-2008, 03:19 PM
CETA 256
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 50 Posts

Old 08-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Motorhead-47
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 29 Posts

I just purchased a new 2009 from Rick Daniel at Maxie Price and wanted to chime in and say that the deal was 100% positive. Rick delivered EXACTLY what he promised with absolutely no B.S. involved! Oh and did I mention he also had the best price of the forum dealers I pulsed!?

He'd get my business again in a heartbeat!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Ozone
Melting Slicks

GEEZ PEOPLE! How many times is this GENTLEMAN going to have to apologize for his employer's past indiscretions/mistakes? OKAY...I get it! MP made a few mistakes in the past! The owners of this AWESOME Forum punished them by kicking them off the Forum. If the owners of the Forum (which have a helluva lot more at stake than ANY members do) can forgive MP and give them a second chance, then so can I. GIVE IT A REST FOLKS! Good Luck Rick!
Old 08-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Rick@MaxiePrice.com
Racer

Originally Posted by Motorhead-47
I just purchased a new 2009 from Rick Daniel at Maxie Price and wanted to chime in and say that the deal was 100% positive. Rick delivered EXACTLY what he promised with absolutely no B.S. involved! Oh and did I mention he also had the best price of the forum dealers I pulsed!?

He'd get my business again in a heartbeat!!!
Thanks so much for the vote of support.

All I can say is that I have sold 26 Corvettes in the last 6 weeks to some great forum members and ALL of them got a great buy and even better customer service. Is that not the bottom line.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:59 PM
ALD_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hard knox
if you deal with these guys, get everything in writing, especially if you are traveling in from out of the area. We had a trade/deal on an 08 vert last december 31st. Everything was in hand, we traveled to the dealership to complete the deal, deliver our trade in, c5 03 50th, pay cash for the balance and place the order. When we sat down, we were told the the price quoted on december 20th was "incorrect" due to a price increase on december 18th. The money difference was not astronomical, but the perceived attitude was "ok we made a mistake, but since your here you'll pay rather than walk". Well, we walked. 50 miles out of the dealership, our cell phone rang with an offer to "meet in the middle". We ended up buying elsewhere with a no hassle, pre december 18th price, identical to the original price quoted from "the corvette king".

Other friends have had about a 50/50 experience with the "corvette king". Count me in the once bitten, twice shy.

Fwiw.

Robby knox
ouch!!
Old 08-28-2008, 03:59 PM
COAndy
Le Mans Master

I will contact Rick in April when I am ready to buy mine due solely to the words of others on this forum.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Candy Store

Old 08-28-2008, 04:04 PM
SilverScorp
Safety Car

Received 48 Likes on 43 Posts

I think Rick is a genuinely nice and honest guy. However, he only has so much power in the Maxie Price machine. Even his best intentions can be thwarted by the Maxie Price management. I personally had a bad experience at MP and ended up buying elsewhere. Without going into details, I was quoted one price over the phone and when I got there (2hour drive) the price had changed considerably and had nothing to do with credit qualifications or trade-in values.

Having said that, it seems MP is attempting to heal their reputation by hiring Rick, so let's give him a chance at least. Keeping well in mind what the MP machine is capable of doing irregardless of Rick's kind heart.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:49 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Y'know, I hear and read all the good words and believe that Rick, from practically every post I've read about him is a great, honorable guy.

But just ask yourself this question:with a guy like Hardknox writing about a deal in the RECENT past, not years ago---do you really think things have changed at the dealership?

Do you think if you went to someone other than Rick, things would be just like going to Rick? Rick even said it in one of his posts: come to me, and me only. One can only infer, not just for the sale thing, but because the treatment is and will be different. That includes "the monetary thing."

If you don't believe that, it's fine with me. The dealership is glad to make money. And I believe Rick should make all that he can.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:59 PM
rwpatte
Le Mans Master

Received 102 Likes on 85 Posts

Even the doc fee has gone up since they were kicked off and gone back on.. Same owners same

Quick Reply: Corvette Candy Store