C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canceling Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 02:30 AM
keyplyr
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LynchR
Several points
1. I didn’t say YOU had to do this. I really don’t care if you turn the engine off to cancel cruise control. I have degenerative arthritis in my right knee so the less I have to move my leg the better. I was just sharing another way of getting the job done.
2. I don’t live in LA any longer, I live in rural Tennessee. When appropriate I do use the brake pedal. When you switch off the cruise, you cannot use resume. I guess it’s pretty obvious dpigguy and cylon don’t know what the resume function is for, huh.
3. It appears that paying money to be a senior member some how makes some of these posting an expert on everything. While I am new to the forum, I am a mechanical design engineer and have over 40 years experience in the automotive industry. At times I have been responsible for proofing and editing owner’s and repair manuals. Too bad most owners don’t read their manual. I won’t insult the forum experts by posting any further information, or ideas. At least Mad*Max understands.

Cheers
Chill out. Don't take things personal when you don't get the responses you thought you'd get.

One thing about these forums is, you get a lot of opinions. Everyone sees things a bit differently. And sometimes, some guys *can* be a bit abrupt. So what?

And be prepared The internet is a great equalizer. People will say things here they would never say to you in person. I've had more than my share of surprising comments directed my way

It's cool, live to post another day

Last edited by keyplyr; 08-18-2008 at 04:52 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:50 AM
freyke
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ALZ51
If you just push in the set button it coasts until you let go of it. It then goes up one MPH and stays there when you let go.

I can keep both hands on the steering wheel that way and just use one finger to push.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:45 AM
cherylandcliff
Instructor

Several points
1. I didn’t say YOU had to do this. I really don’t care if you turn the engine off to cancel cruise control. I have degenerative arthritis in my right knee so the less I have to move my leg the better. I was just sharing another way of getting the job done.
2. I don’t live in LA any longer, I live in rural Tennessee. When appropriate I do use the brake pedal. When you switch off the cruise, you cannot use resume. I guess it’s pretty obvious dpigguy and cylon don’t know what the resume function is for, huh.
3. It appears that paying money to be a senior member some how makes some of these posting an expert on everything. While I am new to the forum, I am a mechanical design engineer and have over 40 years experience in the automotive industry. At times I have been responsible for proofing and editing owner’s and repair manuals. Too bad most owners don’t read their manual. I won’t insult the forum experts by posting any further information, or ideas. At least Mad*Max understands.

Cheers
I hope you're just reacting to some of the posts. I've posted some things and some people just speak their minds. The written word is always percieved to be more harsh than the spoken one.
If you have something to share, please continue, I do. Some will agree and some will not.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:21 AM
Dave Tracy
Melting Slicks

Received 294 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by rick g
Everyone is different. Me, I use a VERY light tap on the clutch, I don't like to light the brake lights unless I want the traffic behind me to see I'm braking. just a habit.
That's what I do when I see traffic well up ahead slowing or anticipate a slow down.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:14 AM
slojoh
Instructor

yes good find, but i too just tap the clutch pedal.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Pocket Aces
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like to open my door and stick my foot to the ground fred flintstone style. What's the point of this thread? Tapping the breaks or using the lever is that hard that using the e-brake is the recommendation?
Old 08-18-2008, 11:11 AM
User 020720
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hardly use cruise control at all, but that isn't the point. The OP was just stating something he found useful.

If you don't like it then why not just move on to the next thread?
Old 08-18-2008, 11:25 AM
C-INRED
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by keyplyr
I've had more than my share of surprising comments directed my way
Yeah...but you deserved all of them!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:32 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Several points

Cheers

Thanks for the info...I feel the same way on two points...
1. I like to be able to "resume" so I don't switch the cruise to off.
2. I live where there is no traffic, so I don't need to tap the brake to tell anyone I'm slowing, and I don't want the brake light to flash and attract any attention from "anyone". This is a great idea and I appreciate your bringing it up!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:36 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

Chill out. Don't take things personal when you don't get the responses you thought you'd get.

One thing about these forums is, you get a lot of opinions. Everyone sees things a bit differently. And sometimes, some guys *can* be a bit abrupt. So what?

And be prepared The internet is a great equalizer. People will say things here they would never say to you in person. I've had more than my share of surprising comments directed my way

I always get a kick out of some of the surprising comments directed at you! Fun Fun...
Old 08-18-2008, 11:38 AM
C-INRED
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by cclive
Thanks for the info...I feel the same way on two points...
1. I like to be able to "resume" so I don't switch the cruise to off.
2. I live where there is no traffic, so I don't need to tap the brake to tell anyone I'm slowing, and I don't want the brake light to flash and attract any attention from "anyone". This is a great idea and I appreciate your bringing it up!

And like another poster stated, in traffic situations I don't like to flash my brake lights when I'm just cancelling the cruise and not slowing down. I'm going to give it a try.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:12 PM
obxchartercaptain
Safety Car

Received 308 Likes on 198 Posts
FL Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by C-INRED
Yeah...but you deserved all of them!
Old 08-18-2008, 12:58 PM
cherylandcliff
Instructor

Originally Posted by sabooher
I hardly use cruise control at all, but that isn't the point. The OP was just stating something he found useful.

If you don't like it then why not just move on to the next thread?
Old 08-18-2008, 01:06 PM
nmerhaut
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

From one old guy to another. BTW, no one pays for being a senior member unless it's in negative feed back. It all depends on the amount of posting you do so don't run away. We old guys need to stick together!!

Quick Reply: Canceling Cruise Control