C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need info. from all you internet lawyers

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 12:52 AM
geewez
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 119 Posts

Default Tint Ticket

Originally Posted by mikejpss
here's a novel idea- pull it off & get the legal stuff. The reason its illegal is due to you breathern popping a cap on the LEO when he walks up at nght & the LEO cant see him due to the limo glass.
Protect a cop, he has a family and so wants a vette too, you're the lucky one in both cases- REMOVE THE STUFF
Don't count on the officer not showing up. It's mandatory that if an officer is served with a court subpoena, he must show up. When I use to work patrol and wrote tickets, I never minded traffic court as it meant automatic three hours of over time pay. Make it easy on yourself, remove the tint, show up in court, have the judge dismiss the cite. End of story.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:50 AM
jrjen2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy Rhino
It grieves me to say this, but since you are haole, you might not get away with it.
Good luck.
That has crossed my mind. This isn't the only place that I have lived in which a white, male is in the minority.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:02 AM
jrjen2
Racer

Originally Posted by Z06LUST
If I understand this correctly--you learned the car had an illegal tint..you did nothing...you got a ticket...and you have still have done nothing. The 30 fix it is NOT a pass for 30 days. You have 30 days to get it fixed and pass an inspection for Registration purposes (you have a 30 day registration pass not a 30 day tint pass--that is the message the cop was trying to give you, a message that you still chose to ignore) but that has nothing to do with the legality of driving around with the tinted windows...

JUST do not show up with the fixed inspection have only occurred the day before--the Judge is going to ask why you waited so long as it is..you need that tint off now..and telling the Judge you waited to remove one tint until the new tint was applied is not going to sell for a second; it is a totally bogus excuse. Sorry.

Sorry for the tough love but Dude wake up...a State Inspector and Cop have both told you the tint is illegal and you still have it...what is there about illegal tint that you do not understand? How long does it take to peel off...60 seconds? Again, the 30 day period is for Registration purposes ONLY, it does not allow you to drive for 30 seconds with illegal tint.

You are correct in that the 30 day pass is for registration purposes only. What is a reasonable amount of time to get the tint off? The cop could have told me that I wasn't driving with the tint and made me tow the car back to my house. Is that reasonable since I am sure he ran my plates and saw that I have no record or points on my license? Both tint shops in town are closed on the weekends and I need my car 5 days a week to go to work. Is two weeks unreasonable?

I did try and get the tint off of one window this afternoon and I have a tinter in Anchorage, AK to recommend because that stuff isn't coming off easy. I got a quarter the window done in about an hour. Both tint shops in town are going to charge me $100 bucks to remove the tint. If I do it myself and don't get all the glue off then they are still going to charge me the $100.

I guess the judge will decide what is reasonable or just see that I am a haole and find me guilty no matter what.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:02 AM
adias
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jrjen2
Thanks guys. I did not ask to see any certification while we were on the side of the road. He did use the light meter. The deal was that I just brought the car in from the Mainland and I registered it two weeks ago. I tried to get my safety inspection, but they failed me because the window tint was too dark. The inspector gave me the paperwork to get my license and title, and then told me to get the tint fixed and come back within 30 days to get my sticker. The initital inspection is good for 30 days even with a failure if you come back within the allotted time.
1 - You live in a state that does not allow that tint level

2 - You started by failing the initial registration

3 - You were caught and fined.

What else do you need? You clearly must abide by the state law or move to another state. Simple!

Quick Reply: Need info. from all you internet lawyers