C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JSB Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 12:57 PM
SSTEVEGS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by C6LSx
Thank you for the "side by side" pictures. It's no great secret to anyone that knows me that a Nassau Blue C2 Stingray with a 427/435 engine package is my favorite car of all time.

I'm not as much of a fan of the C2 convertibles as I am the C2 Coupes with the styling design of how the doors blend into the top of the roof line; as Enzo Ferrari once said...."convertibles are for playboys and coupes are for racers"!

I just think the C2 Stingray Coupe is a truly timeless automobile design and is so classic looking on so many different design levels.

Pure American V8 muscle with an exterior body design that incorporated the functional stinger hood, c pillar vents, teakwood steering wheels and genuine factory knock-off wheels that even today looks like it belongs in a European car museum.

I will go out on a limb here and say that IMO the C2 Coupe was the abolute pinnacle of American automobile design regarding any American sports car; both past and current.

Can't beat the look of the 63-67 coupes!
Old 07-24-2008, 01:06 PM
ALVetteFan
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pettvette
..... It seems strange that someone (DitchTehFish) who doesn't like JSB writes a post in just about every JSB thread....

Great photos.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:01 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by C6LSx
Thank you for the "side by side" pictures. It's no great secret to anyone that knows me that a Nassau Blue C2 Stingray with a 427/435 engine package is my favorite car of all time.

I'm not as much of a fan of the C2 convertibles as I am the C2 Coupes with the styling design of how the doors blend into the top of the roof line; as Enzo Ferrari once said...."convertibles are for playboys and coupes are for racers"!

I just think the C2 Stingray Coupe is a truly timeless automobile design and is so classic looking on so many different design levels.

Pure American V8 muscle with an exterior body design that incorporated the functional stinger hood, c pillar vents, teakwood steering wheels and genuine factory knock-off wheels that even today looks like it belongs in a European car museum.

I will go out on a limb here and say that IMO the C2 Coupe was the abolute pinnacle of American automobile design regarding any American sports car; both past and current.
+ a whole bunch!
Old 07-24-2008, 10:32 PM
c6vetteowner
Burning Brakes

Look at my picture, the back of the car is more shaded than the front so the back looks darker
Old 07-30-2008, 01:35 PM
magnum08
Navigator

We love ours. Great info. Thanks!
Old 07-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Vet4Me?
Racer

When I first saw my JSB coupe I was not sure about the color, but after 4 months I like the color more every day .
Old 07-30-2008, 07:06 PM
russ_777
Instructor

Originally Posted by pettvette
..... It seems strange that someone (DitchTehFish) who doesn't like JSB writes a post in just about every JSB thread....

Awesome pics! I've been wanting to see these two cars side by side in person, but this is just about as good. It looks like JSB is a latter day (read higher tech) implementation of the C2 Nassau Blue which as far as I'm concerned is one of the most classic CX colors of all.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:01 AM
pettvette
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 46 Posts
CI 5-6-7-8-9-10-11 Vet

Originally Posted by russ_777
Awesome pics! I've been wanting to see these two cars side by side in person, but this is just about as good. It looks like JSB is a latter day (read higher tech) implementation of the C2 Nassau Blue which as far as I'm concerned is one of the most classic CX colors of all.
Thanks and I agree! Here are 2 more side by side pic's ....

Old 07-31-2008, 07:41 AM
golfbone
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 48 Posts

I have had a JSB Vert with a black top and I get more compliments on this car and specifically the color than any other vehicle I've ever owned. People shout "nice car" as I drive past and kids go thumbs up out the school bus window. I drove a Precision Red C6 coupe for 3 years and never got the comments in 3 years that I get in one week with this car. I absolutely love the color and the way it changes in different light. It is a vibrant and fun color that demands attention on the road and in a parking lot yet unlike my Red Vette the cops don't pull me over in it. I got pulled over 9 times by cops in the red Vette the first year I owned it.....the JSB zero! Cops love to ticket red cars.

Believe me I'm not driving any slower. I wasn't driving fast with the Red car...pulled over 9 times only got 1 actual ticket but they pulled me over for going a few MPH over and then let it slide when they saw I was a citizen.

Quick Reply: JSB Question