C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who do deal with @ kerbecks

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 11:40 AM
AndysZ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09
Default How About This...

I purchased my first '05 C6 from Harry so went back to him. After closing the deal and driving off with a smile on my face, noticed the drivers window had an intermittent problem of not going up. Went back to Kerbeck and after a couple of minutes of trouble shooting realized it wasn't fixable on the spot on a Saturday. So Harry goes in, gets another set of keys and rolls up an identical car, has it detailed, did the appropriate paper work and an hour later I roll out of the lot with my second '08 of the day. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the guys at Kerbeck, Harry, Dave, Lance or the detail crew....GREAT EXPERINCE for me and I HIGHLY recommend them !!

Regards, Andy

P.S. - No one is going to give you an estimated value on a trade in or come close to a private party sale.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Seeker135
Pro

Originally Posted by AndysZ
P.S. - No one is going to give you an estimated value on a trade in or come close to a private party sale.
I disagree. I bought my 06 Vert and traded my 98 Pace Car in over the phone. Drove down and picked it up 2 days later. (Not Kerbeck, they wouldn't call me back)
Old 07-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Glennm27
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,409 Likes on 612 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by nmk
who to deal with @ kerbecks
Anyone in the building wanting to help you. Makes no difference. Same good deal from anyone there.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:39 PM
JERGENSEN LS3
Melting Slicks

Location: New Jersey - National Corvette Museum Member '08, '09, '10, '11, '12
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my '08 in March, from Harry. He was great and very patient when it came down to my trade-in offer.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:35 PM
GCD1962
Race Director

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Seeker135
I disagree. I bought my 06 Vert and traded my 98 Pace Car in over the phone. Drove down and picked it up 2 days later. (Not Kerbeck, they wouldn't call me back)
I bought my '00 coupe from Kerbeck. The sale was fine, but a few years later I was thinking about getting a newer C-5. I called Kerbeck and asked for a "range" of what they would give me for my '00 a trade-in. The person said they couldn't do that over the phone. I said, let me speak to your boss. Boss gets on the phone and refuses to give me a Hi-Low range. I said, I wouldn't hold you to any price, so let me know the range. He said, you have to drive it down here so we can look at it. I said, yeah right so you can low-ball a price.

A few years later I get a check in the mail which was a settlement for a class action suit for over charging some fees to out-of-state buyers. The check was for $25 plus some coupons for oil change (like I'm going to drive down to Atlantic City for an oil change). This is what really got me. At the time I purchases the '00 and was inquiring about the newer C-5, Kerbeck rarely if ever gave anything off (maybe $500) on a new Vette. That's o.k., because other dealers did the same. The profit margin on the cars at that time to the dealers was somewhere in the range of $6 - 8k a car. With that type of profit, Kerbeck felt compelled to overcharge out-of-state customers - pure greed in my mind and the reason I would not buy another car from them. My principal for high cost items is "0ne strike and you're out" I just ordered a new '09 from Tommy, Jr. at MacMulkin. No hidden anything, just a super price with no bs.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:37 PM
It'sHerVette!
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by GCD1962
I bought my '00 coupe from Kerbeck. The sale was fine, but a few years later I was thinking about getting a newer C-5. I called Kerbeck and asked for a "range" of what they would give me for my '00 a trade-in. The person said they couldn't do that over the phone. I said, let me speak to your boss. Boss gets on the phone and refuses to give me a Hi-Low range. I said, I wouldn't hold you to any price, so let me know the range. He said, you have to drive it down here so we can look at it. I said, yeah right so you can low-ball a price.

A few years later I get a check in the mail which was a settlement for a class action suit for over charging some fees to out-of-state buyers. The check was for $25 plus some coupons for oil change (like I'm going to drive down to Atlantic City for an oil change). This is what really got me. At the time I purchases the '00 and was inquiring about the newer C-5, Kerbeck rarely if ever gave anything off (maybe $500) on a new Vette. That's o.k., because other dealers did the same. The profit margin on the cars at that time to the dealers was somewhere in the range of $6 - 8k a car. With that type of profit, Kerbeck felt compelled to overcharge out-of-state customers - pure greed in my mind and the reason I would not buy another car from them. My principal for high cost items is "0ne strike and you're out" I just ordered a new '09 from Tommy, Jr. at MacMulkin. No hidden anything, just a super price with no bs.
The class action involved a great number of dealers in NJ and it was not just out of state drivers. I got a check from my local dealer in North NJ as well. You might want to check your facts before you rant about a Forum Dealer. BTW I have not bought from Kerbeck but have participated in two of their Toys For Tots runs. How many dealers spend time and money to host an event for 600+ Vettes, including feeding the participants and providing lots of door prizes, and collect thousands of toys for needy children. I don't see any greed there.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:48 PM
FLHTVette
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I dealt with Dave Brown, Very friendy as they are all there. I live only about 45 mins from them so I would stop in and check out the new ones from time to time before I ordered. If you call, Dave Salvatore does allot of their internet business, he's also a manager. Buy one off their lot for an even better deal. Good, luck.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:43 PM
GCD1962
Race Director

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by It'sHerVette!
The class action involved a great number of dealers in NJ and it was not just out of state drivers. I got a check from my local dealer in North NJ as well. You might want to check your facts before you rant about a Forum Dealer. BTW I have not bought from Kerbeck but have participated in two of their Toys For Tots runs. How many dealers spend time and money to host an event for 600+ Vettes, including feeding the participants and providing lots of door prizes, and collect thousands of toys for needy children. I don't see any greed there.
Not ranting, just voicing my opinion about two things that turned me off from the dealer. Those two things were enough to make me not want to purchase from them anymore - plain and simple. These are big buck transactions and I expect better treatment.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Marc V.
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by It'sHerVette!
Check your facts before you slander a dealership. I work for different dealership in S. Jersey and we had the same problem with the doc. fees.

And no reputable dealership is going to give you a value of a vehicle without seeing it. Would you buy a used car without seeing it first?
Old 07-21-2008, 01:51 PM
biskitman
Racer

Dave Savatore, Nancy Messinger or Harry Boyd. Dealt with all 3 and was the easiest car deal ever. Did the deal over the phone! Had NCM pickup May 19th and never stepped one foot in Kerbeck. How can you do better than that?
Old 07-21-2008, 01:54 PM
gogetum
Pro

Originally Posted by mrbill43
Walked in drove out the same day with a 08 sent them a check 2 days later..............easiest car I ever bought.

Is it true you left them your 1st born?
Old 07-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Slingshott
Advanced

I will give Kerbeck a overall 7 out of 10.

The people and the car were perfect. Nancy made a mistake on her numbers and when the deal started she just kind of said "oh well, sorry" for the mistake. I blame myself for not confirming the numbers before I drove to AC. So, because of that mistake Dave said I will give you a Corvette jacket. I thought, nice people. Little things sometimes make a impression on me. The deal was finshed, I left my H2 there and drove off in 08 AO Coupe. Couldn't be happier. A few weeks later a check came for $161 for some overpayment I made. Again, I had no idea I overpaid and said to myself I will be back when it is C7 time.

Remember what I said about the little things? I have yet to receive my jacket Dave. Just for the record I am not bashing them Mods and I have a few e-mails from Dave telling me he was waiting for a new line of clothes coming in so I could get the lastest one I guess. That alone might keep me away next time. I know they could give a rats patut about my next purchase, but the whole deal went well except for that.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:24 PM
JSB LS3
Melting Slicks

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

1 vote for Ivey Barnes. Much more pleasant experience than your average car-buying experience.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:36 PM
C-6forRJ
Drifting

Cruise-In 9 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08

While at the Daytona 500 I looked at a'08JSB Z-06....Beautiful...!!! Went home after the race, got on the internet, looked up inventory of forum dealers, found just what I wanted at Kerbeck... Called Dave S. on Tuesday, sent deposit ck. on Wed. Flew up from Tampa to Phil. on Saturday...Was met at the airport by a Kerbeck "Driver"..(Nice touch)... Driven to their lot in A.C. and approx. 2 hrs. later was on my way back to Florida with the wifes JSB Vert....!! Would have taken less time to complete this "deal" if I had not spent so much time enjoying the "Museum" like showroom..... Kerbeck....
Old 07-21-2008, 06:22 PM
a_drogan
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealt with Dave Salvatore and his female assistant (forgot her name). Did everything with the phone, e-mail, and fax. Price was very competitive and no glitches.

They helped with the out of state plates and I got a refund check (which I forgot I was due) within a few weeks of the purchase. No high pressure from sales or the "business manager". Calls, faxes and e-mails all answered promptly.

Overvall, I was satisfied and would definitely consider Dave again.

Good luck with your purchase.

Last edited by a_drogan; 07-21-2008 at 06:23 PM. Reason: typo

Quick Reply: who do deal with @ kerbecks