C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel alignment in Naples, FL

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 12:15 PM
acridsmoke
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wheel alignment in Naples, FL

Does anyone know of a GOOD wheel alignment place in Naples, FL. The local Chevy dealer doesn't cut it. I'd like to get a performance alignment. Thanks for any input...
Old 07-13-2008, 12:19 PM
noelee04C5
Advanced

Contact Jeff Baptista off Immokolee rd. He has his own Corvette shop and if he doesn't do allignments, he could point you.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:18 PM
acridsmoke
Advanced

Thanks, but I think he's connected with Bob Taylor Chevrolet. I want nothing to do with them. They were supposed to redo my alignment and add negative camber & etc. They don't follow directions very well, and really aren't interested in correcting the situation.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:14 PM
acridsmoke
Advanced

So no one in Naples knows of a good alignment shop. Well, maybe there are none.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:26 PM
NEV3R L8
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The name Golden Wrench seems to come to mind. I think I've heard good things about them but no personal experience. You could also call Debold Performance. They do high end bimmers etc. and could prob. point you in the right direction.
-David
Old 07-15-2008, 04:53 PM
mbresee68
Intermediate

You could also try Estero Bay Chevrolet. That is where I bought my Corvette and I have been happy with the service they have provided so far. Not sure they can do what you want though.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:13 PM
branmin
Burning Brakes

Did you ask for Jimmy the head tech at Bob Taylors Chevrolet.......what trouble have you had? PM me if unfit reading. Must admit I went mad last year when I took her in for a rattle and they told me I was imagining it and they even admitted to going at 70mph plus on a joy ride, and still not finding anything. I get her home and find the culprit..a loose screw holding up one of the exhausts

Read the riot act at them and will only allow Jimmy to even look at the car...anyway, they recently did an alignment for me..seems ok?

p.s. how many of us vette owners live in Naples/Marco island..we should arrange a get-together??
Old 07-15-2008, 10:27 PM
acridsmoke
Advanced

Well, what happen was on May 23rd I went to Bob Taylor for an alignment because I had just put new tires on the front (and rear tires) and the old ones were bare the first couple of inches on the inside(front). I wanted an alignment so the tires wouldn't were so uneven. They did that. No problem. Then a few weeks later I was playing with it on I-75 and noticed the handling sucked. Before when I moved the steering wheel back and forth quickly around 60 or faster it seemed tight, no sway, and that time it had way to much sway. I was like d***. So I took it back for another alignment. I told them it was my fault and I would pay, which I did for another alignment. I told them to put it back like it was and I would just deal with the tire wear. Well they didn't. It was a little better, but not like I wanted it. They increased the negative camber a little on the back wheels but not on the front. Actually they decreased the negative camber on one of the fronts. So I went back and complained. I think they would have done another alignment, but they were so negative about it I got pissed and left. When I took it to them the first time the camber was set to -0.8 on the left front and -0.7 on the right. I realize that it out of spec, but why didn't they set it to -0.6 and still be within specs and have a happy customer...
BTW thanks for all of the replys.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:19 AM
NEV3R L8
Drifting

I hate Bob Taylor. Especially that one lady outside who tries to help but talks like she could care less and has no idea what is going on there.

I once had them mount and balance some tires for me and I had them go over my rims and mark on their paperwork that there is no damage and if damage was made the rim would be replaced...That lady then looked me dead straight in the face and said NO! After talking to a manager they ok'd it...should of walked away but I had bought tires elsewhere and would of had to leave them there temporarily. The job went smoothly (to my knowledge) and after reading your post I'm glad I didn't let them do the alignment (sorry for your luck though).

And for rambling on but I would probably call Debold.

http://www.deboldperformanceinc.com

They do high-endy BMWs and if they can't they probably know someone who does.

And definetly a Naples area meet needs to be put together.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:35 AM
acridsmoke
Advanced

Originally Posted by noelee04C5
Contact Jeff Baptista off Immokolee rd. He has his own Corvette shop and if he doesn't do allignments, he could point you.
Do you know his number? I can't seem to find it.
Well, I found it, but he said no one does that around here.

Last edited by acridsmoke; 07-18-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:38 AM
acridsmoke
Advanced

Originally Posted by NEV3R L8
I hate Bob Taylor. Especially that one lady outside who tries to help but talks like she could care less and has no idea what is going on there.

I once had them mount and balance some tires for me and I had them go over my rims and mark on their paperwork that there is no damage and if damage was made the rim would be replaced...That lady then looked me dead straight in the face and said NO! After talking to a manager they ok'd it...should of walked away but I had bought tires elsewhere and would of had to leave them there temporarily. The job went smoothly (to my knowledge) and after reading your post I'm glad I didn't let them do the alignment (sorry for your luck though).

And for rambling on but I would probably call Debold.

http://www.deboldperformanceinc.com

They do high-endy BMWs and if they can't they probably know someone who does.

And definetly a Naples area meet needs to be put together.
I called them and they said they could probably do it for a couple hundred, but I started wondering if they might abused my car since it wasn't a porshe or bmw?? Also they didn't know of anyone else around, but they did mention Jeff Baptista. I called him and he said no one does performance alignments around here.

Last edited by acridsmoke; 07-18-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-08-2015, 02:19 PM
john'sdriving
6th Gear

Have you bought tires around naples? Any thoughts on where i can buy and get wheel alignment. I recently moved to bonita springs. I'm thinking of estero bay chevrolet.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:22 PM
Tropicana
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Psst, this thread is from 2008.

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel alignment in Naples, FL

Quick Reply: Wheel alignment in Naples, FL