C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM Chicklets

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Wicked C5
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04

Originally Posted by Swiftrider08
Time on the forum has nothing to do with it. I was trying to relay a sincere story about a prior GM employee and my post got poked fun at in a manner that I did not think was appropriate.
I sincerely apologize.

Personally if I worked at GM for that of period of time I would cry also. Luckily Corvette has not been a casualty of Gm's bad business decisions. It is still a great product.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:57 PM
kev1n
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

These chicklets remind me of my recent trip to hawaii , where i ended up hiking to a spot where there was an abandoned old 70's Grand Prix crumbling away. no-one knows how it got there, as it is impossible to drive to that spot. and as a car guy I was fascinated by it, i couldn't believe what the years of ocean air had done to the car. Anyway I picked up the "body by fisher" tag from the driver door sil, it just reminded me of my pop's oldsmobile cutlass back in the day and I thought it was cool. I think I'll keep the chicklets when i get my c6.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:01 AM
PokerPlayerC6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually don't mind them. One thing I do mind is when they are not flush..... makes it look like an unfinished product. But then again that is just the OCD in me.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:08 AM
bosco 08
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i like mine
Old 07-14-2008, 12:12 AM
bent
Burning Brakes

ALL FUTURE CHICKLET THREADS WILL BE LOCKED AND DELETED. THOSE WHO START THEM WILL BE HUNTED DOWN AND LYNCHED.

THANK YOU.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:51 AM
va2ac
Instructor

Originally Posted by Swiftrider08
A very good friend of mine that I work with just bought a 2007 AO coupe. He and his wife took the Vette to the nursing home the other night to see her brother who is 68 years old, retired from GM as a Tool & Die Maker, and has a rare form of Parkinson Disease that is in the advanced stages. They convinced the nurses to let them take him outside in a wheelchair to see the Vette.

When my friend pointed down at those "damn chicklets", his brother-in-law saw the GM logo and started to cry. Said he was so proud to have worked for GM.

I have said before that those "damn chicklets" are a source of pride for GM employees. I will be leaving mine on.

Chicklets stay !!!!

Old 07-14-2008, 08:42 AM
adconti
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by kev1n
These chicklets remind me of my recent trip to hawaii , where i ended up hiking to a spot where there was an abandoned old 70's Grand Prix crumbling away. no-one knows how it got there, as it is impossible to drive to that spot. and as a car guy I was fascinated by it, i couldn't believe what the years of ocean air had done to the car. Anyway I picked up the "body by fisher" tag from the driver door sil, it just reminded me of my pop's oldsmobile cutlass back in the day and I thought it was cool. I think I'll keep the chicklets when i get my c6.
That 70s car was probably dropped there by the japanese during WWII.(in 1940s) Just kidding. You have to have some fun in the chicklet thread!
Old 07-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Dave Tracy
Melting Slicks

Received 296 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Prankster
2006 is when they started..
Yep!

Quick Reply: GM Chicklets