C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav help

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 09:54 PM
60av8tor
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nav help

Anyone know how to get the nav system to understand that the Vette is in HI now and not in the middle of the ocean ? Is there an update disk that covers HI ? Am I simply SOL
Old 07-09-2008, 11:22 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

My understanding is that the Corvette's navigation system does not include Alaska or Hawaii. I think you're SOL.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:30 AM
cclive
Team Owner

Received 435 Likes on 372 Posts

What version of the NAV disc do you have....it will say on the disc itself...
Old 07-10-2008, 06:39 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by 60av8tor
Anyone know how to get the nav system to understand that the Vette is in HI now and not in the middle of the ocean ? Is there an update disk that covers HI ? Am I simply SOL

Aloha Robi,

Wow, HI? What happened, wrong turn on final? That's awesome. How long are you out there? I'm guessing it is for a little bit if you brought the car. Are you at Schofield Barracks?

My wife and I will be on Oahu in November, love to buy you a beer.

To your question, as crappy as it is. The Nav disc doesn't seem to recognize anything but CONUS. Total BS in my opinion.

Paul
Old 07-11-2008, 12:55 PM
60av8tor
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul !
Yeah dude, I'm actually sitting under base to final for Kaneohe- HUGE view; will pm w/ pics once I unpack the camera. Check PM....
Sorry so short, LOTS of unpacking to do.
Called GM yesterday; they said the new 09 disk is coming out and it MAY have Alaska and HI on it. Will advise once I find out

Originally Posted by talon90
Aloha Robi,

Wow, HI? What happened, wrong turn on final? That's awesome. How long are you out there? I'm guessing it is for a little bit if you brought the car. Are you at Schofield Barracks?

My wife and I will be on Oahu in November, love to buy you a beer.

To your question, as crappy as it is. The Nav disc doesn't seem to recognize anything but CONUS. Total BS in my opinion.

Paul
Old 07-11-2008, 01:03 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by 60av8tor
Paul !
Yeah dude, I'm actually sitting under base to final for Kaneohe- HUGE view; will pm w/ pics once I unpack the camera. Check PM....
Sorry so short, LOTS of unpacking to do.
Called GM yesterday; they said the new 09 disk is coming out and it MAY have Alaska and HI on it. Will advise once I find out
Awesome. I flew into K-bay in a CH-53 with some Marines from Flight school and then over to Barking Sands PMRF. Just stellar scenery for flying low and slow. I'll check the PM. Becky and I go at least once per year. I'll make sure we hook up when we land in the middle of November. I'll send you a list of must see, must do, must eat at, must drink at. Be good. If you can't be good, be careful.

Paul

p.s. That is great news on the '09 Nav. I'm glad to see that they are finally recognizing Hawaii as a state... .
Old 07-11-2008, 01:46 PM
MNVette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 09 discs won't be out until next spring - about 8-9 months from now. That's stright from GM Nav Disc today - I called because my 2008 update disc is on permanent "backorder," with no end in sight.

This may be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway - why would you need a nav system in Hawaii? There are only so many roads, and they would all seem to dead end at that big puddle surrounding the island? Is it even possible to get lost in Hawaii?
Old 07-11-2008, 02:02 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by MNVette
The 09 discs won't be out until next spring - about 8-9 months from now. That's stright from GM Nav Disc today - I called because my 2008 update disc is on permanent "backorder," with no end in sight.

This may be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway - why would you need a nav system in Hawaii? There are only so many roads, and they would all seem to dead end at that big puddle surrounding the island? Is it even possible to get lost in Hawaii?
You've clearly never tried to navigate around the inner island on Oahu. There are lots of small neighborhoods and side streets. It is still a city of 1,000,000 plus people and there are lots and lots of streets. The other islands are a little easier to navigate indeed but Honolulu and the Waikiki area alone are worth having a nav.

I'm also not so sure that the information that you received on the nav disc is correct. The 2009 Nav disc is scheduled for release the middle of August as far as I know.

Get notified of new replies

To Nav help

Quick Reply: Nav help