C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Will Never Own Another Corvette In My Life!!! Pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 02:53 AM
va2ac
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LostAngel
People that have nothing better to do than to key another persons car should be shot..plain and simple.
Thats just plain bull$h11t... Find the creeps and take care of business !!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:25 AM
shopdog
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Vet
I actually find it odd that so many here feel that people specifically like to mess with cops. A few cops I've known personally always carried guns (even off duty) and were tough characters... these are the LAST guys you'd ever want to mess with. They could / would probably make you "disappear" very easily.

Again, the vandals out there these days must have a death wish - they apparently have no idea how incredibly dangerous it is to pull a stunt such as scratching an LEO's car. Kids do stupid things, but this takes the cake. It's a shame... they keep pushing the limits, then one day it's all over.
Its true, some cops are stone killers, as witness the events of this past Sunday in Cobb County Georgia (and dozens of other cases across the country). But it is also true that most cops aren't very bright, as witness the events of two months ago here in Gwinnett County (and many many other examples across the country). So if the lowlife is even halfway clever, he can get away with messing with a cop's car without the cop figuring out who to "make disappear".
Old 07-08-2008, 06:38 AM
jojog
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

"But it is also true that most cops aren't very bright"

I usually don't post responses in anger but - are you serious? If you mean they are willing to risk life and limb, with little reward, that is called dedication. Your statement is wrong and does not reflect that of most of us here.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:46 AM
TrackNoob
Melting Slicks

Sorry if someone already mentioned this and I missed it - I read most posts but not all -- in the gated community, there can be videos in most areas -- sure hope you checked with security on the possibility. Too late now, I'm sure, but in any event that really sucks. Any scum bag t that would do that deserves to be hung up by the thumbs.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:07 PM
redline_ken
Racer

Originally Posted by shopdog
Its true, some cops are stone killers, as witness the events of this past Sunday in Cobb County Georgia (and dozens of other cases across the country). But it is also true that most cops aren't very bright, as witness the events of two months ago here in Gwinnett County (and many many other examples across the country). So if the lowlife is even halfway clever, he can get away with messing with a cop's car without the cop figuring out who to "make disappear".
I don't know what yahoo land cop rubbed you the wrong way coming up in life, but man you've got some chip on your shoulder. That statement in your profile about every cop is a criminal shows your ignorance. When your wheels get f'd up
make sure you call your local lowlife to report it. He's the same one you hope gets away with messing with a cops car. And you can save your wave.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:02 PM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Received 213 Likes on 92 Posts

All I have to say is.....Hope you never need help! Also, you must have something bad to hide, no profile info..make's me wonder???
Old 07-08-2008, 08:52 PM
ETM
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by iridelow
All I have to say is.....Hope you never need help!
Dont say that. That makes him look right.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:40 PM
augydog
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by TommyV
You're right, we're not, so please don't call the police when a dirt-bag parolee just kicked in your front door. Please call the fire department, AAA, or someone that you think is great.
I have many LEO's as friends.

I wouldn't call them, but would call Mr. Glock pronto.

augydog
Old 07-08-2008, 10:11 PM
INGER67
Race Director

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
St Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan
Nevermind about FOP. Maybe the FOP badge was the reason since not everyone thinks police are great people.
I don't understand why you think it's the "fault" of your Corvette.

I've driven Corvettes for years and have never been keyed. None of my friends with Corvettes have been keyed either. A co-worker had his Blazer keyed and that was years ago.....before the SUV hate thing started.

It could happen anywhere, to any vehicle. Such is life
Old 07-08-2008, 10:43 PM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 8T Shark
Dont say that. That makes him look right.
??????? How does that make him look right? There is no right /wrong just "crazy" He's probably in prison, posting from a prison library and blaming some LEO for why he's there!
Old 07-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Jimmy G.
Racer

So, you're the authority on the intelligence of cops??

How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Last edited by Jimmy G.; 07-08-2008 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Spelling.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Stangar
Racer

I would continue to visit that friend at the same time/day of the week that you got keyed.

Don't they always return to the scene of the crime?

Stakeout!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:08 AM
Stangar
Racer

One other thing. I greatly appreciate and applaud all of law enforcement and their tireless efforts but that FOP on the license plate is like waving a red flag in front of a bull. They are a lot of bulls out there that want to get even for whatever.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:50 AM
shopdog
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jojog
"But it is also true that most cops aren't very bright"

I usually don't post responses in anger but - are you serious? If you mean they are willing to risk life and limb, with little reward, that is called dedication. Your statement is wrong and does not reflect that of most of us here.

"A Federal judge has dismissed a lawsuit by a man who was barred from the New London police force because he scored too high on an intelligence test.

In a ruling made public on Tuesday, Judge Peter C. Dorsey of the United States District Court in New Haven agreed that the plaintiff, Robert Jordan, was denied an opportunity to interview for a police job because of his high test scores. But he said that that did not mean Mr. Jordan was a victim of discrimination.

Judge Dorsey ruled that Mr. Jordan was not denied equal protection because the city of New London applied the same standard to everyone: anyone who scored too high was rejected."

The city defends its policy by saying police work is best performed by people of dull normal intelligence. Bright people are too easily bored, and tend to act out in socially inappropriate ways to relieve the tedium of police work.

New London isn't alone with this policy, they are just the ones who were unsuccessfully sued because of it. Most police departments use low pay, irregular hours, unpleasant working conditions, etc to discourage bright people from applying. They don't often have to use an overt intelligence test because self-selection generally performs that function for them.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:49 AM
jojog
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

There are all sorts of cases, such as the "too hot" coffee / McDonald's case, that show extremes in judgement. My point is that most LEO's are of at least average intelligence and by no means dumb. I am sure there are quite a few with above average intelligence and, sure, a small percentage with below average intelligence. The same can be said of most professions. If the guy in the example was of rocket scientist intelligence there are quite a few jobs he would not be good at performing. Let me put it this way - I, personally, don't agree with your observation about LEO's and put them in the same category as our servicemen and fire fighters. I have never been a policemen but I am a veteran - trust me, there is no lack of intelligence in the Armed Forces. Not everyone serving is a brain surgeon, sure, but for the most part they are no dummies. JMHO and probably also that of most of us here. You are entitled to your opinion, too, and you can thank the cops and servicemen for protecting the system that ensures that right.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:56 AM
Ucraz-E
Melting Slicks

This is going well
Old 07-09-2008, 07:11 AM
coolcat
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I often wonder why people put FOP badges on there license plates. By doing so your making yourself a target for every nut case out there that hates cops.

Get notified of new replies

To I Will Never Own Another Corvette In My Life!!! Pics!!!

Old 07-09-2008, 07:20 AM
TrackNoob
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by coolcat
I often wonder why people put FOP badges on there license plates. By doing so your making yourself a target for every nut case out there that hates cops.
C'mon, you know exactly why.

The whole IDEA of those badges is a token agreement that you will not pull them over, or if you do, you let them off with a warning because they are a 'supporter.'

As much as I appreciate our LEO and firefighters, I know I am in a small minority, but hope I am not completely alone in thinking that it is unAmerican (yes, I said it and yes, I mean it) for them to have gained so much political influence as a bloc, and for them to expect free eats and comps every where they go, and for them to let members of the 'brotherhood' slide for infractions that 'citizens' get tapped for, and the hundreds of other 'perqs' and inside favors that seem to be expected.

It's a hard life, it's a fraternity, it's dangerous. Terrific - -that's why you get damn good pay, benefits, and an amazingly sweet chance at earlier retirement than anyone else. Yes, there is chance of injury or death... so it is a whole package, isn't it? With great risk comes great reward (and job satisfaction, one would hope).

I get incensed, though, when that "package" is deemed to include freebies, special privilege to park anywhere, get away with anything, use equipment for personal purposes, and curry political clout to vote politicians in who will bend over backwards to serve them as a clique.

Okay, rant over. Love cops, hate the cop culture.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:57 AM
redline_ken
Racer

You've watched too much TV too. It's the "cop and a donut" mentality. An FOP, PBA, or specialty plate is a support for law enforcement. It's not a get out of jail free card. Now would you say the same thing about a "Support our Troops" sticker? Or here's one.... why do (most or some) Corvette owners wave at each other? Your theory is crap. Where I come from the standards are so high that only those that score the highest get a shot AND you better have at least a 4 yr degree as a prerequisite (if you don't know what that word means, your owners manual would probably challenge you).
Old 07-09-2008, 10:14 AM
iridelow
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by TrackNoob
C'mon, you know exactly why.

The whole IDEA of those badges is a token agreement that you will not pull them over, or if you do, you let them off with a warning because they are a 'supporter.'

As much as I appreciate our LEO and firefighters, I know I am in a small minority, but hope I am not completely alone in thinking that it is unAmerican (yes, I said it and yes, I mean it) for them to have gained so much political influence as a bloc, and for them to expect free eats and comps every where they go, and for them to let members of the 'brotherhood' slide for infractions that 'citizens' get tapped for, and the hundreds of other 'perqs' and inside favors that seem to be expected.

It's a hard life, it's a fraternity, it's dangerous. Terrific - -that's why you get damn good pay, benefits, and an amazingly sweet chance at earlier retirement than anyone else. Yes, there is chance of injury or death... so it is a whole package, isn't it? With great risk comes great reward (and job satisfaction, one would hope).

I get incensed, though, when that "package" is deemed to include freebies, special privilege to park anywhere, get away with anything, use equipment for personal purposes, and curry political clout to vote politicians in who will bend over backwards to serve them as a clique.

Okay, rant over. Love cops, hate the cop culture.
Sounds like "someone or somebody" PO'ed you! Sure there are "some" advantages of the job, but like most other professions..there are perks. What you are saying above is in my world. I have a Master's Degree and could make much more money doing something else, which I may do after I retire, but give me a break! You watch to much TV!!!

Quick Reply: I Will Never Own Another Corvette In My Life!!! Pics!!!