C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WCC Paddle Shif Mod

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 12:33 PM
beltfed21
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WCC Paddle Shif Mod

So, I received my new WCC catalog yesterday and noticed they have a paddle shift mod which allows for the right side up shift and left side down shift with the paddles (would match other vehicles I have). Has anyone installed this mod? Does it work without problems? Any issues?

Thanks!

Bill
Old 06-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Tom_Slick
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 32 Posts

Interested... been reading about it... haven't made the leap yet. Haven't seen/ read any reviews yet?
Old 06-08-2008, 01:05 PM
danl72
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I heard it works and it is totally reversible.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:15 PM
HawaiiC6
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked into it and some members have done the change and some without even buying the kit from WCC, as they found a way to change the circuitry.

I learned on both paddles doing the same so I am comfortable with the push for upshift and pull for downshift method of shifting.

Good luck on your mod and keep us informed.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:32 PM
ALVetteFan
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by beltfed21
So, I received my new WCC catalog yesterday and noticed they have a paddle shift mod which allows for the right side up shift and left side down shift with the paddles (would match other vehicles I have). Has anyone installed this mod? Does it work without problems? Any issues?

Thanks!

Bill
Please let us know if you try it and what you think. I am considering it too.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:08 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Here is a discussion and review:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1991617
Old 06-08-2008, 11:26 PM
ben dover
Team Owner

Location: When all is said and done... there is a hell of a lot more said than done. Riverside,Texas
Received 139 Likes on 128 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by ALVetteFan
Please let us know if you try it and what you think. I am considering it too.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:10 PM
beltfed21
Racer

Default Paddle shift mod.

Thanks Rick T. for the link! I'll probably end up with one very shortly. Shifting left/right is so much more intuitive then thumb/finger either side.

Bill
Old 06-09-2008, 07:51 PM
C6NRED
Le Mans Master

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Please oh PLEASE let us know what you think of this if you buy it. My wife's Mitsubishi Outlander shifts this way and everytime I drive hers for any length of time I am TOTALLY screwed up when I get back into the 'Vette..........
Old 06-09-2008, 09:25 PM
beltfed21
Racer

Default Paddle Shift Mod

I just ordered one. After I receive, install, and drive with it I'll post my thoughts and impressions here. I shopped around and found it for a good price. I'd suggest you do the same.

I agree with you on the going back and forth between vehicles with different styles of paddle shifters. Very awkward!

Bill
Old 06-09-2008, 10:11 PM
ALVetteFan
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

I just ordered one. After I receive, install, and drive with it I'll post my thoughts and impressions here. I shopped around and found it for a good price. I'd suggest you do the same.

I agree with you on the going back and forth between vehicles with different styles of paddle shifters. Very awkward!

Bill
Thank you.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:39 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Bill
Me too! Be careful to follow the directions exactly, especially about disconnecting the battery first and STILL be careful with that airbag module.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:01 PM
gweissgerber
Intermediate

I completed this mode two weeks ago. I love it. Much more intuitive then the push / pull factory setup. I ordered the paddle kit from Zip rather then trying the changing the wires method because I wanted to remove the un-needed thumb buttons on the paddles and save the factory paddles. I was unaware that you only got one new paddle with the kit, the left one, but I went ahead and removed the thumb buttons anyway reasoning that I could always buy new paddles if I wanted to revert to stock. Can't ever see wanting to do that now and the project turned out sweet. While I had everything apart, I painted the spokes and the paddles to match the car color. I'll post pictures if anybody wants to see it.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:35 PM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 558 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by gweissgerber
I completed this mode two weeks ago. I love it. Much more intuitive then the push / pull factory setup. I ordered the paddle kit from Zip rather then trying the changing the wires method because I wanted to remove the un-needed thumb buttons on the paddles and save the factory paddles. I was unaware that you only got one new paddle with the kit, the left one, but I went ahead and removed the thumb buttons anyway reasoning that I could always buy new paddles if I wanted to revert to stock. Can't ever see wanting to do that now and the project turned out sweet. While I had everything apart, I painted the spokes and the paddles to match the car color. I'll post pictures if anybody wants to see it.
post away please
Old 06-10-2008, 10:33 PM
ALVetteFan
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

One new paddle, that seems odd to me.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:55 PM
beltfed21
Racer

Default Paddle Shift Mod

Not at all. The brains of the system are located in the new paddle.

I found it interesting that the online instructions for installing were almost the same...... except that the ones at ZIP made mention that you need to wait 15 minutes after disconnecting the battery in order for the backup power for the air bag to drain! I ran across this already (in shop manuals), but some others instructions don't mention it at all. Scary!

Bill
Old 06-10-2008, 11:04 PM
gbgary
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

as far as intuitive goes i think pull/upshift and push/downshift would be better. i wish someone would make a module to do this. i know it can be done but i seem to remember it was pretty complicated...i think...maybe...hell, i don't remember.

Get notified of new replies

To WCC Paddle Shif Mod

Old 06-10-2008, 11:11 PM
BigSlick
Melting Slicks

sounds like a good thing to do...
Old 06-10-2008, 11:12 PM
FIREMANMIKE
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gbgary
as far as intuitive goes i think pull/upshift and push/downshift would be better. i wish someone would make a module to do this. i know it can be done but i seem to remember it was pretty complicated...i think...maybe...hell, i don't remember.

I agree 1000%. I'm new to my '08. I find I am all to often pushing to down shift and pulling to up shift. Not a good thing, but thats (IMO) the intuitive way.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:35 AM
pictureman
Burning Brakes

Yes, please post some pics, we all want to see it. Now as far as the 1 paddle goes, on the Zip / WCC website don't they show 2 paddles ?

Anyway I still want to do that mod, but as you said and did, I want to cut off the + off both sides to give a clean custom look.

Quick Reply: WCC Paddle Shif Mod