C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Error code P2138 again! Maybe fixed this time.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 11:31 PM
tfkrato
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Error code P2138 again! Maybe fixed this time.

In January I posted I got a CEL and DIC messages SERVICE TRACTION SYSTEM and REDUCED ENGINE POWER. Turned out to be code P2138 and related to accelerator system. The problem disappeared the next day, the dealer could not find the issue.

Well, it happened again. All the same symptoms. This time the dealer had a memo (07-06-04-019) on the issue. Problem reported to be with a connector on the an engine harness (connector X184). Dealer found that there was in fact some corrosion. They cleaned it up, put on dielectric grease, and repositioned the connector.

Perhaps not coincidentally, it happened both times shortly after I washed the car. Although the hood is closed I do spray allot in and around the wheels, grill, and underneath the car. As the dealer said - it certainly is supposed to be waterproof.

Hope this is fixed for good!

Last edited by tfkrato; 05-29-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:49 AM
NEV3R L8
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a mess but hopefully its all good.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:59 AM
C-INRED
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

Glad they found it...this sort of intermittent problem can be a real PIA to diagnose. Sounds like you've got this one beat.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:58 AM
jatolbert
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tfkrato
In January I posted I got a CEL and DIC messages SERVICE TRACTION SYSTEM and REDUCED ENGINE POWER. Turned out to be code P2138 and related to accelerator system. The problem disappeared the next day, the dealer could not find the issue.

Well, it happened again. All the same symptoms. This time the dealer had a memo (07-06-04-019) on the issue. Problem reported to be with a connector on the an engine harness (connector X184). Dealer found that there was in fact some corrosion. They cleaned it up, put on dielectric grease, and repositioned the connector.

Perhaps not coincidentally, it happened both times shortly after I washed the car. Although the hood is closed I do spray allot in and around the wheels, grill, and underneath the car. As the dealer said - it certainly is supposed to be waterproof.

Hope this is fixed for good!
Is the problem still solved? Im having the same issue and I have tried everything!

Josh

Get notified of new replies

To Error code P2138 again! Maybe fixed this time.

Quick Reply: Error code P2138 again! Maybe fixed this time.