C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM $3000 rebate code 08-31CCA,-32CCA,-33CCA,-34CCA,-35CCA

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 12:55 AM
achilds
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Snagle
Our C6 is not only the first Corvette we've owned, it is the first time I purchased an American car. There are many reasons I chose a C6, one of which was the fact that there were no rebates.

Rebates are a sign the vehicle is struggling in the market -- it could be due to problems, over-production or over-pricing. Regardless, rebates kill resale, devalue the vehicle and leave folks that purchased before the rebate with a lousy feeling. Likely they will not purchase vehicles from the same manufacturer again.

Rebates are a sales gimmick and I am pleased the Corvette has remained above that level. I hope the Corvette survives the tanking economy and higher fuel prices without rebates. I am not sure how much longer that will last, but it pleases me every time I see a rebate with the little asterisk that excludes the Corvette.

The resale value of your C6 has already tanked. Dealers are handing out GM employee discounts to anyone. Since people see a new vette for sale for 40K, even if it is a base "stripped" model no way are they going to pay anyone more than 40K for a used car whether it is loaded or not. Maybe rebates will drive the resale value further into the ground who knows. My original point still stands GM shoudl reward loyal GM owners not fish around for new game.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:22 AM
beefcake
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 27 Posts

i should add ford is doing the same thing,

but i believe it was off of gm's start,

so, we have ford people coming into the dealership complaining about ford doing the same thing like gm people

we own a gm dealership too and i got option 1, but i'd still like another 3k

have not owned a chevy in a long time
Old 05-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Crimecrusher
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just sold my Conv Mustang and Cobra to purchase a Vette. I haven't taken delivery yet...am I part of this target group? How do I contact GM to find out?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:18 PM
MONTVALEGOLF
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by Crimecrusher
I just sold my Conv Mustang and Cobra to purchase a Vette. I haven't taken delivery yet...am I part of this target group? How do I contact GM to find out?
call 1 866 465 1005 they will ask for your name and address and check for you.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:41 AM
beefcake
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 27 Posts

i talked to the gal, she said it was suppposed to be targeting people that own a gm and a non gm vehicle in the same household
Old 05-29-2008, 09:49 AM
MNVette
Melting Slicks

This whole thing is

There are only 2 choices that make sense. Either GM admits that it radically overproduces the Vette, cuts production by 30%, and raises prices to match that reality OR GM decides that the Vette should be far more mass-market, include it in the rebate/incentive programs like all the other models, and accepts the fact that it won't be a "flagship" car any longer.

The first choice will anger all those who buy things like Vettes on credit and struggle to make car payments because they want a "cool car". But, it would please the purists who can and will own a Vette because of its supercar status, regardless of price. The second choice will cause problems in the opposite direction - everyone will buy a Vette, but there won't be a shred of exclusivity left in the marque.

GM is trying to thread the needle between these two choices, and all it does is **** off EVERYONE. Wake up GM!
Old 05-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Ted P
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 129 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by beefcake
i talked to the gal, she said it was suppposed to be targeting people that own a gm and a non gm vehicle in the same household

well than I would be in the 'target' group as I own two 06 gm vehicles and an 06 Infiniti . I am not in the group and when I called they said I was not on the list. I truly believe the reps taking the calls really don't know what's going on based on the varying accounts. The scary thing is when I asked to speak with someone higher up who may have a more logical explanation they had no one to put me thru. This is either a totally a seat of the pants type thing GM has done with no logic behind it or some secretive plan they don't want to communicate to their reps taking our calls.

Ted
Old 05-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Crimecrusher
Racer

Originally Posted by MONTVALEGOLF
call 1 866 465 1005 they will ask for your name and address and check for you.
Well darn, I didn't qualify either. I have a BMW X3 and a Cobra Mustang.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:20 PM
QuikZilver
Le Mans Master

How does GM know what we own?! Heck, I have 2 GMs (86 Corvette & 86 Monte Carlo SS) and 2 Dodges (07 Caliber and 07 Charger Daytona R/T). I wonder if I can qualify for this?!
Old 05-29-2008, 04:49 PM
ljmyers
Advanced

I wonder exactly how much a typical base new Corvette actually cost to build and deliver when everything is said and done? I think someone said it earlier, this is a study on exactly what price decrease would move inventory in each district and how fast. Part of the cost of the study is the discount itself. So it is possible to purchase a new base Corvette for $41,000 (usual price these days with the discount) minus the $3000 rebate for a total price of $38,000.

I guess the question that GM is trying to answer is, will that move inventory and where?

The cost of slowing or stopping the line might be far higher then giving out $3000 rebates. About 10 years ago, a company in Japan made tape players that need to be converted to the new DVD technology. The problem was, they could not shut down the line without big costs. So they continued making tape players until the DVD design came on line. It took almost 3 months. Every single tape player made in those three months was destroyed. It was cheaper to destroy the tape players then shut the line down
Old 05-29-2008, 05:15 PM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

Received 159 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by MNVette
This whole thing is

There are only 2 choices that make sense. Either GM admits that it radically overproduces the Vette, cuts production by 30%, and raises prices to match that reality OR GM decides that the Vette should be far more mass-market, include it in the rebate/incentive programs like all the other models, and accepts the fact that it won't be a "flagship" car any longer.

The first choice will anger all those who buy things like Vettes on credit and struggle to make car payments because they want a "cool car". But, it would please the purists who can and will own a Vette because of its supercar status, regardless of price. The second choice will cause problems in the opposite direction - everyone will buy a Vette, but there won't be a shred of exclusivity left in the marque.

GM is trying to thread the needle between these two choices, and all it does is **** off EVERYONE. Wake up GM!
I think it's simply the fact that the economy has slowed down and GM (as well as every other car company) has been caught with some slow sales and big inventories left over certain models. All you see on the TV these days is all the crazy car deals going on ... obviously due to the slow economy and lots of left over new 2008s sitting around.

GM could have plans to cut production in future years on certain models, just like other car manufactures are probably going to do to match the direction of fuel prices, the economy and how people will be spending their money in the future based on everything going on.

Last edited by ZeeOSix; 05-29-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:19 AM
johncalomiris
Instructor

can you give the number you called

thank you
Old 05-30-2008, 01:28 PM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

Received 159 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by johncalomiris
can you give the number you called

thank you
Post #44 (and a few others in this thread) shows the number.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:39 PM
gilly6993
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by CandyVette
What . Their odds of getting a person who already owns a Vette to buy another one are MUCH better than getting a person who owns a Porsche or Lexus to buy a Vette. I think if a person has owned more than one Corvette in their lifetime, they should get some kind of repeater discount! My future C7 purchase will be my seventh Corvette and I think I deserve some kind of customer loyalty SOMETHING!

you just justified why they're not giving current owners the incentive.....they want new customers from other brands....
Old 05-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Garret
Race Director

Received 978 Likes on 460 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

If I were to get one of these can I give it to someone else?
Old 05-30-2008, 09:08 PM
Rocky57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went to http://www.chevrolet.com/currentoffers/ clicked the request info and email sign-up links on the left and filled out the info....just in case
Old 05-30-2008, 10:54 PM
Hatchet
Racer

I got one of these in the mail as well and ALMOST tossed it...not really in the market for a new Vette right now. I have an 03Z06 and an 07 Tahoe. My company car is a Pontiac and my wife's company car is a Chrysler. Maybe GM didn't notice these cars weren't actually ours.

The rebate is for $2,000. Is there another rebate that brings the total to $3,000 or are some people getting different coupons for different amounts?

I might have to consider using this if I can get an 08 at invoice or better + the use of the coupon. It says offer ends 07/19/2008 and it is in my name with my address for those that asked.

Does anyone have the invoice/supplier pricing for the 08's like I had for the 07's? Someone had done a nice chart with the 07 pricing a while back.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:07 AM
matsarge
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Hatchet
The rebate is for $2,000. Is there another rebate that brings the total to $3,000 or are some people getting different coupons for different amounts?
People are getting certificates for different amounts. I got one for $3,000.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:09 AM
matsarge
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Garret
If I were to get one of these can I give it to someone else?
Depends on who you want to give it to. You can only give it to someone who resides in the same household as you. The dealer is instructed to confirm the name and address of the person using the certificate and make sure it matches what is on the certificate.

Quick Reply: GM $3000 rebate code 08-31CCA,-32CCA,-33CCA,-34CCA,-35CCA