C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 or Boxter S

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 08:13 PM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oyealiz
so you think MOST folks get problems? i propose that most folks just POST about problems.

oh, and vettes are girl cars.

um...one more.....What's the difference between a porcupine and a porsche? With the porsche, the ****** are on the inside.
I disagree completely.
IMHO the brethren here are not posting for the sake of just complaining. They're looking for real world solutions or work arounds from other vette owners who share their particular car's afliction. Most notably across a plethora of issues that GM willingly refuses to acknowledge or even proactively pass along the information to their dealership service team.

All I can say is without this forum I would not have been able to successfully explain or get action from a number of service departments for the issues I have experienced.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:21 PM
oyealiz
Team Owner

Received 232 Likes on 119 Posts
2022 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'16

Originally Posted by matthewelle
I disagree completely.
IMHO the brethren here are not posting for the sake of just complaining. They're looking for real world solutions or work arounds from other vette owners who share their particular car's afliction. Most notably across a plethora of issues that GM willingly refuses to acknowledge or even proactively pass along the information to their dealership service team.

All I can say is without this forum I would not have been able to successfully explain or get action from a number of service departments for the issues I have experienced.
i didn't say the people here don't have issues. your post indicated that MOST vette owners have issues and those issues cause us to be disillusioned with the car. i simply don't agree with that.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:47 PM
TCKT B8
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 92 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 & '11

Originally Posted by craunico
Well, now people are telling me that I have no class if I buy a C6.
They further say that if I look at consumer reports magazine, it will tell me that the vette has a lot of black marks for reliability where the porsche has good red marks and is on CR's recommended list.

But, I have driven both and the ride of the vette is something that I cant get out of my mind. I just love it.

Have you guys really had that many problems with your vettes?
If you have to ask, you should buy the Boxter.
Old 05-05-2008, 08:57 PM
STEVE MC
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Anomir
Drive both, get the one you prefer. I looked at Boxter, Caymen and 911. I came home with a C6.
Originally Posted by cthusker
.. did the same thing and chose the C6. I could not care less what someone else thinks as I driver the car! BTW.. it wasn't even a close call between those cars.... not even close...........
Same here, it was between the Caymen S and the C6. The Boxter wasn't even in the equation.
I chose the C6 and I couldn't be happier.
Occasionally I will see a Caymen S on the highway and I still think it is a beautiful car and I would own both if I could afford to do so......................but a boxter??? NO WAY
Old 05-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Jimmy G.
Racer

I see a lot of women driving Boxsters...not that that's a bad thing...just an observation.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:21 PM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by oyealiz
i didn't say the people here don't have issues. your post indicated that MOST vette owners have issues and those issues cause us to be disillusioned with the car. i simply don't agree with that.
Hmmm, I simply do not have the stats or the empirical evidence to say what is correct. Just an opinion I share with a lot of other vette owners that I expressed.

Would make for a good customer satisfaction study....

Last edited by User 2623; 05-05-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:46 PM
SSTEVEGS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by turmat
Anyone who would buy a car based on Consumer Reports BS ratings and recommendations about coolness from their friends really, REALLY needs to get the Boxster.
It's unfortunate that so many un-savvy car people base their decisions on car purchases from Consumer Report Magazine. I have read many of their reports on cars that I was familiar with (or owned) and usually dissagreed completely with their findings and opinions. If they don't recommend a car - it's usually the one I prefer! It's always been obvious to me that they are very biased, or misinformed on automobiles.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Wezel
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SSTEVEGS
It's unfortunate that so many un-savvy car people base their decisions on car purchases from Consumer Report Magazine. I have read many of their reports on cars that I was familiar with (or owned) and usually dissagreed completely with their findings and opinions. If they don't recommend a car - it's usually the one I prefer! It's always been obvious to me that they are very biased, or misinformed on automobiles.

A bunch of wimps at CR.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Wezel
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TCKT B8
If you have to ask, you should buy the Boxter.

If you're a Corvette guy you'd know it already.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:13 PM
yankintx
Pro

Originally Posted by craunico
Well, now people are telling me that I have no class if I buy a C6.
They further say that if I look at consumer reports magazine, it will tell me that the vette has a lot of black marks for reliability where the porsche has good red marks and is on CR's recommended list.

But, I have driven both and the ride of the vette is something that I cant get out of my mind. I just love it.

Have you guys really had that many problems with your vettes?

Boxster S? Are you kidding! That isn't a Porsche.....Now a 911 Turbo is a real Porsche.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:13 PM
yankintx
Pro

Originally Posted by Wezel

If you're a Corvette guy you'd know it already.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:19 PM
sranger
Racer

There were a lot of reasons why I chose a C6 over the boxster.

For me, I like more straight line power, It fit me a little better (6'-4" 230lb ) I wanted the 6 CD MP3 playback, Aux Input, and I like the idea of a solid, clear or no roof option. The V8 sound with the dual mode exhause it pure music...

However, some of the super macho vette boys here just might be a little dissapointed if they challenge the lowly little 2007+ "girly" Boxster S to a twisty road race. I have no doubt that the 2008 vette can take that little "girly" car on a twisty road course, but you better be a damn good driver to do it...

I have see quite a few super macho vette boys quite dissapointed at the local road course who thought that little "girly" car could not get the best of them...
Old 05-05-2008, 10:21 PM
goatts
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Boxster is ugly and it sounds like crap. I respect Porsche as the legend it is but I don't care for the sound or looks. Now, the C6, thats an amazing car.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:23 PM
LiquidDI
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Porche Boxter is really a womans car. Well at least I see it that way. Kind of like my Wife's Lexus GX470. You just see women driving those things. I would stick with the C6. Nothing better than big V8 power and sound!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Beardown3
Instructor

Default The boxter is a cute car if you are an attractive

younger girl. It's like a Porche miata. The vette is an experience. Make the best decision for yourself. Some people prefer cars that Barbie would drive. It's just a matter of choice.
Old 05-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Captain Crunch
Intermediate

Both cars are great and you just have to do your homework and see what you value in a car. Personally, the Corvette fits my personality better than a Porsche.

But, deep down inside I'm saying, "Use the force Luke, and don't go to the dark side!" or "Corvette yes, or Corvette no. Corvette I don't know and squish, just like grape!"
Old 05-05-2008, 10:32 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by sranger
If you go to the main Cayman.net Forum, you will find as many if not more people who sold their C6 to get a Cayman. I would also note that most showed a lot of class on their forum when comparing the two cars...
I must admit that some here are showing a good deal of restraint, especially those who've chosen NOT to post because they might offend someone with their vitriol. Are you saying that some posts here are less courteous and generous than on Boxster forums? I'd be surprised.

I'll give on the issue of lotsa Porsche owners have owned Corvettes and vice versa. All it means is, choice, right?

So, if the OP asks the questions re ownership, I'll settle it this way: choose what you want. If you're concerned about the longevity or dependability of the Corvette, go with a worthy car which may be the Boxster. I've never owned one so can't say so positively. The owners and drivers here have and they've commented on it.

That about sum it up?

Note: see #102, and #105.

Last edited by AORoads; 05-06-2008 at 10:03 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 or Boxter S

Old 05-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Gobi
Racer

Received 106 Likes on 32 Posts

Apples and oranges. I've had both. Unbelievable handling and great service with the Boxster S. Did like going topless with the push of a button. That said, I love my 07 Corvette coupe. Styling, acceleration and value unsurpassed in IMHO.

Buy one of each!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:49 PM
chirocorvette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JnC96CE
If you are thinking Porsche, maybe this one.

I. Want. One.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:01 PM
LiquidDI
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chirocorvette
I. Want. One.
Still looks like a Volkswagon to me. I just can't get over that with Porsche.

Quick Reply: C6 or Boxter S