C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jeep vs. Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 07:50 PM
djfullshred
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WGO
Do I need a shrink or is my mindset okay?

My main vehicle for the past 8 years is a Jeep Wrangler Sahara. After the initial showroom newness wore off, I decided that Wranglers looked better a little muddy than perfectly waxed and polished. Every time I washed it up and waxed it, as soon as I was done I need to find some mud puddles to finish the job. A few tree branch scratches on the paint were a badge of honor.

A week ago I took delivery on my 2008 Corvette.

Now when I go outside I look at the Corvette and freak out if a see a speck of dirt on it. On the other hand, if I decide to take the Wrangler out, I wonder if it is dirty enough to be presentable in public.

Is this a healthy attitude?

Bill
To me it is a good thing.

I like to keep my Corvette nice looking (but don't necessarily treat it like a china doll or anything like that)

My other vehicle is a Tacoma 4x4, and I can care less about dirt, sctratches, or dings on it. I like that counter balance to the **** feeling with keeping the Vette nice & purty.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:36 PM
beanieson
Advanced

my new rubi, my old tj and my wifes cherokee.

i go half and half. if there's mud on my jeep i don't mind. i'll leave it on there for weeks at a time. but if there's a single bug on my grill or windshield, i've got to clean it off.

i don't mind paint chips or scratches from rocks and tree branches, but i can't stand to have my paint ruined by love bugs.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Jimbeaux
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WGO
Do I need a shrink or is my mindset okay?

My main vehicle for the past 8 years is a Jeep Wrangler Sahara. After the initial showroom newness wore off, I decided that Wranglers looked better a little muddy than perfectly waxed and polished. Every time I washed it up and waxed it, as soon as I was done I need to find some mud puddles to finish the job. A few tree branch scratches on the paint were a badge of honor.

A week ago I took delivery on my 2008 Corvette.

Now when I go outside I look at the Corvette and freak out if a see a speck of dirt on it. On the other hand, if I decide to take the Wrangler out, I wonder if it is dirty enough to be presentable in public.

Is this a healthy attitude?

Bill
No, you're not in a healthy mental state for 2008. Sounds like maybe a girlfriend or significant other is missing from the equation...

Last edited by Jimbeaux; 04-24-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:49 PM
CHARMR
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds normal to me.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:53 PM
huckleberrydude
Pro

My cj has been sitting for a couple of years. I have been driving my defender 90 a lot. If I had to sell all my cars and keep only one......the Defender would be the one. It get washed once a month. I would put a pick on here, but I'm not smart enough.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Busa196
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 3 Posts

My wife and I have been Jeep lovers for years.....we've had several, but our current two are below. We have 2 dogs that we can pile in the back anytime and not worry about "scratching" the interior, or dog hair.

The below is our Hesco Supercharged 2008 JK (300hp)- HID lights, Borla exhaust , custom bumpers and carbon fiber interior accents, 20" wheels with 33's. It rolls for a "Jeep" I try to keep it as clean as the vette, but it's my wife's and I was told that I had "my toy"- and to leave her and her "toy" alone.

1981 CJ7 with a Chevy 305 and 35's, comp cam, rhino lined, power brakes, 40 series Flowmasters with turn downs.....this one gets more looks than the Vette or the JK. It's a true classic and a blast to drive.

Last edited by Busa196; 04-28-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:21 PM
loubob57
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad this isn't what I thought. I once did a 1983 Rx-7 vs a Jeep Cherokee. My Rx-7 lost. T-boned the side of the Cherokee putting a dent in the passenger door. My Rx-7 was totalled.

Quick Reply: Jeep vs. Corvette