C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats YOUR Problem???

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Art1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They didn't get me! I paid attention to the posts about the lousy BOSE system and ordered mine stock. I then used that money you all saved me and upgraded to a Pioneer D3 with Infinity Speakers w/IPOD and Bluetooth and Camera. Gerardo is taking care of the rest. Then it will be perfect
Old 04-04-2008, 11:30 AM
rjf965
Instructor

Blose . . . Tranny when cold
Old 04-04-2008, 11:32 AM
ClovisFox
Drifting

I find the NAV screen really difficult to see with the top off or in direct sunlight.

My only other problem is that the Vette sits in my garage way too much!

Gene....
Old 04-04-2008, 11:32 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Overall I don't have any complaints about the C6. What you get for the money is incredible IMO. Everyone has different expectations and priorities. I always thought the C6 exhaust (including the Z06) sounds limp...way too tame for a high performance car. I do, however, understand why GM makes the C6 sound like it does. GM designs and markets the C6 to a diverse customer base and many considerations (financial and otherwise) determine the end result.

I'm very pleased with the C6. When I find something I wish were different...I change it.

Originally Posted by Wezel
Headlights: can't see where you're turning when it's really dark (side illumination).
What? The C6 lights are vastly improved with (what I feel is) excellent side illumination.

Originally Posted by piva242
The steering wheel is ugly.
I feel the 2005 'Doughboy' steering wheel is the best looking steering wheel on any model year C6. I think GM's attempt to enhance its appearance with 'trim' accents backfired...sometimes less is more.

I don't want radio controls on my steering wheel...radio controls are not driving related and there's no need to have them cluttering-up a steering wheel. It's not exactly difficult or an inconvenience to reach over a couple inches to use the radio controls.

Dave Hill was all about refinement in the Corvette but we shouldn't lose sight of the fact the Corvette is first and foremost a 'performance' car that should be designed with an emphasis on driving and performance.

Originally Posted by ohmy
YES!!!!!

actually the creaking in general, but all most likely due to that F'n top... if GM cant make a targa vette that doesnt creak, offer a damn fixed roof on the base vette for gods sakes!!!
Although the minor roof panel creaking doesn't bother me much I agree with you....it shouldn't be too difficult to design a roof panel that doesn't creak and pop.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:41 AM
heisnuts
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 457 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by 99probs
No bluetooth Integration

and the navi is not as user friendly as the Honda system. Also the passenger should be able to program navi when car is moving. There is already a sensor in the passenger seat to see if occupied so why not allow entry when moving if seat is occupied?

Last edited by heisnuts; 04-04-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,106 Likes on 6,184 Posts

The inability to display OBD codes on the DIC like you could in the C5.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:45 AM
bowmanized
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not into the leaf springs.

I'd like to see a full coilover setup factory with proper mount angles.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:58 AM
formuladan
Instructor

The auto headlights that come on every time I start the car in the garage. Kinda annoying. Wish there was a way to put them in the "off" position and have them stay there.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:00 PM
candlemuse
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seats . Mine has power seats 07
Old 04-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Red Cell
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Vette'n04
We all know that the C6 is a GREAT car with many great attributes, but if you HAD to pick 1 thing that you did not like about your car, what would it be?
Lack of IPOD. Love everything else.

Red Cell.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Rainmaker
Racer

Default Dead Battery

My C6 MUST be attached to a battery charger when I'm not driving it. Otherwise, the battery goes dead. I have a new Optima Yellow-top, and it will go DEAD in less than a week if it is not connected to a battery charger.

IF some C6s have this problem and others do not have this problem, that is called POOR QUALITY CONTROL.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:23 PM
lsbrodsky
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am completely pleased with what I have, for the dollars paid. I think the C6 Corvette is a perfect compromise between a racer/touring car, made in America, at a reasonable price.
Having said that, there are a lot of things that can be upgraded and the aftermarket seems huge. I have chosen to upgrade appearance items, but I would not have wanted to pay OEM factory option upgrade prices for what I have done. I think this is one of the great features of the Corvette. If you want it more powerful and/or classier you can make it happen for a lot of money or a little money. I am still way below the cost of any comparable import.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:29 PM
CHASLS2
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '13

It gets dirty.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Deja Vu 2 U
Racer

Location: Somerset Kentucky... Life's Abundant For Those Who Believe

More stylish and rich looking interior
Old 04-04-2008, 12:40 PM
GKB07Vert
Advanced

35000KM on my 07 and mostly love it..However I do dislike the steering feel which apparently is fixed in 08. There is quite a bit of wind noise with the top up at about 100 km/hr. I have 2 tone Ebony and Grey interior and where my feet occassionly hit door on exit it marks real easy and is impossible to clean(probably because of texture) The leather is starting to wear on the driver seat where i grab it when I haul myself out of the car(warranty??) I wish you could leave phone messages when calling my Onstar hands free phone. The turning radius at slow speeds is rediculous(it is larger than my wifes SUV)!!!These things are minor compared to the joy I get driving my car daily rain or shine..See Ya..GKB
Old 04-04-2008, 12:53 PM
CryGirl
Intermediate

1) Creaking Targa Top. Annoying, but i usually have my music to high to even hear it..lol
2) The 1st to 4th skip shift. I know it can be fixed but for the time being its stupid, and doesnt help anything.
3) Not having an original ipod hookup. But thats why they have aftermarket headunits...
4) Bluetooth capability. That is why we sell bluetooth headsets. You can go anywhere with them!
5) Navigation Built in. I'd rather have it on my phone that way i can take it in any car that i get.. I mean SOME people have nav that only occassionaly drive their cars around the block.. whats the point?
6) Exhaust. but everyone has their own taste..

Having everything already built in is more luxurious but its more practical to just have them on your phone or what not.. but your also talking to someone who works for the cell phone company.. at&t mobility.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:56 PM
El Dorado
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Maui
I had to pay for it.

Get notified of new replies

To Whats YOUR Problem???

Old 04-04-2008, 12:57 PM
SnapperDragon
Drifting

The rear fascia.

I hate it how the dork from Top Gear pushes on it and it bends, as if to make it seem like the whole car is a POS.

That and the plain silver bezel around the radio and through the middle. Kind of out of place and cheap looking.

Oh, and the doors that swing open very easily (a good point) but don't have any safety restraint (from what I can tell) to keep them from extending past the design of the hinges. Like if you open on an incline and the door gets away from you...
Old 04-04-2008, 01:10 PM
torquetube
Le Mans Master

Received 655 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by Wayne O
Originally Posted by Wezel
Headlights: can't see where you're turning when it's really dark (side illumination).
What? The C6 lights are vastly improved with (what I feel is) excellent side illumination.
I have to agree with Wezel. The headlights are bright, but their fall-off on the sides is very abrupt. On twisty mountain roads at night, they don't illuminate enough of the next turn.

The fog lights help a bit, but of course you can't have them and the high-beams on at the same time (without modification).
Old 04-04-2008, 01:14 PM
car2fast4you
Melting Slicks

Received 528 Likes on 283 Posts

Better seats & a Vette-specific steering wheel that had integrated cruise control functions.

Quick Reply: Whats YOUR Problem???