C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

South Florida Dealer Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:40 PM
aerialone
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default South Florida Dealer Recommendations

Have been lurking for a while, looking to join the Corvette community. Have my sights set on a 2008 3LT Z51 M6 and looking for local dealer recommendations.

Many thanks in advance.

Brian
Old 03-30-2008, 03:48 PM
Cool Rod
Pro

Hi Brian.

I'm in Miami but I don't know where you are.

I looked all around here for a dealer who badly wanted to sell a Corvette, and I never found one.

There are dealers who want to add $10,000 to the sticker for "market adjustment", there are dealers where English is not spoken and they don't much care whether you like it or not, there are dealers who are patronizing and condescending, there are dealers who sell maybe one Corvette every 2 months and swear they get a quick allocation when they really don't, there are dealers whose shop looks like a junkyard except not as tidy, and so on.

Your best bet is to look up above your post where it says "Buy A Vette" and email all the listed vendors with what you want to buy and compare their responses. It's very easy that way and they will arrange for you to take delivery in South Florida.

That's what I did and if you do it you'll be glad you did.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:59 PM
RushThruLife
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not deal with a forum vendor. at least give them a shot. Might be worth your while.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:54 PM
miami08VETTE
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 584 Likes on 336 Posts

I had not heard great things about maroone but I managed to get my loaded 08, 3lt Coupe from Maroone of West Dade at invoice. It was a special order/build order to boot, not a car from their inventory.

If you go there ask for Aldo Romero. He was a good guy to work with. Like anything just go in armed with competitive quotes for exactly what you want. Back anything you claim or want with written documentation like I did and you should come out the same.

My 08 MSRP was $59K and I walked out with invoice at $52K. They did have $10K additional dealer stickers on the cars but don't let that get you.

Good Luck.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:58 PM
miami08VETTE
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Cool Rod
There are dealers who want to add $10,000 to the sticker for "market adjustment", there are dealers where English is not spoken and they don't much care whether you like it or not, there are dealers who are patronizing and condescending, there are dealers who sell maybe one Corvette every 2 months and swear they get a quick allocation when they really don't, there are dealers whose shop looks like a junkyard except not as tidy, and so on.
I have never dealt with any major auto manufacturer's dealer down here that didn't speak english. I think your remark is a little over generalized.

Evrything else you mention is generally accurate.

Last edited by miami08VETTE; 03-30-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Scubaholic
Instructor

I bought my Vette a couple of months ago from Phil Smith Chevrolet in Ft Laud. I had a good experience with them. I remember they had a brand new Z06 they were willing to dump for quite a bit less than the sticker. The salesperson explained that because of the demographics they cater to and therefore the fact that they do not move very quickly, was his reasoning of the substantial discount. I might have taken it myself if it wasn't for the fact that I wanted (and bought) a vert.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Cool Rod
Pro

Hi Miami08VETTE.

Sadly enough it actually happened to me, first hand account, at Maroone Chevrolet at LeJeune Road and SW 8 Street. Not a single person there spoke English and they weren't at all bothered by that.

As for the rest, here's the list:

$10,000 Above Sticker Market Adjustment--Maroone Chevrolet. All of them. Never heard of the Internet I guess.

Patronizing and condescending--Grand Prize. Told me a Corvette is not a toy and "Out of your league". I paid cash at a Forum Vendor instead.

Sell a Corvette maybe every couple of months--Blake Chevrolet

Repair shop looks like a junkyard--Kendall Chevrolet

Just the way things are.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:57 AM
LMB 4 ME
Safety Car

Location: Boca Raton Inlet, Atlantic Ocean (Floridas east coast)

Fill out your profile and maybe we could help you more
Old 03-31-2008, 09:53 AM
C-6forRJ
Drifting

Cruise-In 9 & 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08

I looked at the "local" dealers here in the Tampa area for my '08 Vert.... Got on a plane to Phillidelphia, was picked up at the airport by a forum dealer from New Jersy, driven to their lot ..and left about an hour later...had to look at all the history on their showroom floor.. in my '08 Vert... Fast, painless, and a great trip driving back to Palm Harbor...Plus I saved a lot of those green-backs...
Old 03-31-2008, 10:39 AM
084lt
Navigator

I must agree with all the responses above. I spent January and February of this year going to every chevy dealer in Dade, Broward, Martin, and Palm Beach counties. Several had the car I wanted but no one could match the forum dealers and I ultimately bought from Maxie Price in Atlanta. I bought from them because they had the car I wanted it was a $50.00 plane trip away,they picked me up at the airport, and it was only 9 hours to drive back to Pembroke Pines. I could have bought for about $400.00 cheaper from Kerbeck but it would have cost me more than that to get there and back, and it was a 24 hour drive back. I strongly recommend negotiating on the phone with forum dealers get there offer in writing faxed to you and then visiting a local shop to see if they want to match it which I doubt they will. The economy is tuff, and I got several calls in March from dealers I had spoken with in February saying their managers had authorized them to "negotiate". But the truth is south florida chevy dealers all want to tack on $750.00 to $900.00 in dealer fees which they will not negotiate on, and that justs makes it impossible for them to match out of state deals. Do your homework and I guarantee it will be just that much more satisfying riding your new vette.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:20 AM
mikesul
Drifting

Ordered my '08 from Macmulkin the beginning of April '07 and picked up my vette at the Museum 7/10 for $5K under sticker. I've now had a nice long almost nine months in an '08. Most S FL dealers add an additional amount sticker to the price, probably cause we can use them year round down here. Will never buy from a dealer that puts one of those stickers on, even if you can dicker them down.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:28 PM
Big Top Gt
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

I'd also recommend calling Bob David at Lou Bachrodt Chevrolet in Coconut Creek.

If you call him, tell him Alan from Carfax (formerly) referred you. He'll take care of you.

They've always treated me right. (I even send my father in law to them for service on his Cobalt.)
Old 03-31-2008, 02:37 PM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 568 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Scubaholic
I bought my Vette a couple of months ago from Phil Smith Chevrolet in Ft Laud. I had a good experience with them. I remember they had a brand new Z06 they were willing to dump for quite a bit less than the sticker. The salesperson explained that because of the demographics they cater to and therefore the fact that they do not move very quickly, was his reasoning of the substantial discount. I might have taken it myself if it wasn't for the fact that I wanted (and bought) a vert.
that's funny. six months ago i was in to pick up some parts and walked in the showroom where they had a silver vert. went over to look and saw that it was a new 06 . i asked how much and they said only "sticker", no markup (that's what i did, really)
Old 03-31-2008, 02:51 PM
MiamiZ51
Advanced

Bought my 06 (the one in my sig) from Kendall. Dealing with the shop was miserable and their quality was so bad I switched to Blake for service (good service department!).
Bought my 08 from Tropical because I knew someone who knew someone; Gunther was my sales guy, treated me well and I got a good price but they have zero allocation apparently; I ordered in mid Nov and didn't get my ride until early Feb.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:13 PM
miami08VETTE
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 084lt
I must agree with all the responses above. I spent January and February of this year going to every chevy dealer in Dade, Broward, Martin, and Palm Beach counties. Several had the car I wanted but no one could match the forum dealers and I ultimately bought from Maxie Price in Atlanta. I bought from them because they had the car I wanted it was a $50.00 plane trip away,they picked me up at the airport, and it was only 9 hours to drive back to Pembroke Pines. I could have bought for about $400.00 cheaper from Kerbeck but it would have cost me more than that to get there and back, and it was a 24 hour drive back. I strongly recommend negotiating on the phone with forum dealers get there offer in writing faxed to you and then visiting a local shop to see if they want to match it which I doubt they will. The economy is tuff, and I got several calls in March from dealers I had spoken with in February saying their managers had authorized them to "negotiate". But the truth is south florida chevy dealers all want to tack on $750.00 to $900.00 in dealer fees which they will not negotiate on, and that justs makes it impossible for them to match out of state deals. Do your homework and I guarantee it will be just that much more satisfying riding your new vette.
I guess I am the only one that knows how to get a great deal out of a south florida dealer. I should get into auto purchasing consulting. I was in and out of the dealer with a factory build order in 45 minutes at verified invoice. This was on Jan 8 and by new 08 arrived at the dealer on 2/13.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:34 PM
warthog34
Pro

I ordered from a forum dealer and did the museum delivery. Made a great road trip out of the ride back. I couldn't be happier that I didn't have to deal with the South FL dealer BS.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:44 PM
XvettemanX
Instructor

fly to texas...
i got my 1lt victory red coupe with 5,300 demo miles on for 37k,
texas seems to have some of the best vette prices around.
just my two cents!

Get notified of new replies

To South Florida Dealer Recommendations

Old 03-31-2008, 11:36 PM
gogetum
Pro

Originally Posted by Cool Rod
Hi Brian.

I'm in Miami but I don't know where you are.

I looked all around here for a dealer who badly wanted to sell a Corvette, and I never found one.

Your best bet is to look up above your post where it says "Buy A Vette" and email all the listed vendors with what you want to buy and compare their responses. It's very easy that way and they will arrange for you to take delivery in South Florida.

That's what I did and if you do it you'll be glad you did.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:50 PM
DropTopGal
Good Gals Drive It Hard
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

We recently purchased our 08 Vette from Lou Bachrodt Chevrolet in Coconut Creek.

"M.D." was the salesman. We knew what we wanted, they made an offer, we countered, deal done in no time. Fair price. Oh, it would help if you bring along an Edmund's printout of the car with options that you want. This way, you can negotiate more effectively.

BTW... It it was rather odd buying a car in the Vette class when others are trying to make a rock bottom deal on a Cobalt in the same showroom. Not being snobby, but heck, even those GM SUVs can be very pricey. My point is, buying an expensive car like the Vette, don't expect the red carpet treatment ala' Lexus. Chevy is Chevy.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:19 AM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 568 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by miami08VETTE
I guess I am the only one that knows how to get a great deal out of a south florida dealer. I should get into auto purchasing consulting. I was in and out of the dealer with a factory build order in 45 minutes at verified invoice. This was on Jan 8 and by new 08 arrived at the dealer on 2/13.
i think that its also the fact that you were in the right place at the right time, period. it happens. that's why no one pays the same price for the same car even at the same dealer. their mission is to get as much as they can for every unit. that number just happens to be different every time.

Quick Reply: South Florida Dealer Recommendations