C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kenwood dnx7100 Nav install

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 05:17 PM
mkap88
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kenwood dnx7100 Nav install

I know a lot of you installed the Kenwood dnx7100 nav system in 2007 C6's. Did the unit go in easy, or was there a lot of custom work done?

Do you have to make custom brackets, or can you purchase them, and where? Also is there a pigtail connector available to hook up to the factory harness.

Is there any problems with the depth of the unit doing into the dash. Where there any cuts made to install the unit.

Please send pictures of your install.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:04 PM
Coachman
Heel & Toe

30MilesOffshore posted this great information.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1850967

Kenwood recently announced an new model the DNX8120 that will be available in April. You might want to consider that unit.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:47 PM
mkap88
Cruising

Originally Posted by mkap88
I know a lot of you installed the Kenwood dnx7100 nav system in 2007 C6's. Did the unit go in easy, or was there a lot of custom work done?

Do you have to make custom brackets, or can you purchase them, and where? Also is there a pigtail connector available to hook up to the factory harness.

Is there any problems with the depth of the unit doing into the dash. Where there any cuts made to install the unit.

Please send pictures of your install.
Coachman your the man, excelent write up. One question. I have the stock radio (no bose, or onstar). I noticed that you did not mention using the chime module with the GMCO. Does the GMCO need the chime module?

GMCO – stock radio (Without Bose or OnStar)

GMAHCM – chime module for use with GMAH24 or GMAH24B
Old 01-31-2008, 10:53 PM
Coachman
Heel & Toe

The link I posted was produced by "30MilesOffshore". I simply copied the link to this thread. There are several other very good posting in the Audio section.

Get notified of new replies

To Kenwood dnx7100 Nav install

Quick Reply: Kenwood dnx7100 Nav install