C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People in Miami are jerks

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 09:33 PM
From C6ZO62C8
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Default People in Miami

On my home tonight,

Last edited by From C6ZO62C8; 03-04-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:48 PM
mnmvette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You did the right thing, no sense in getting confrontational. It usually turns out bad anyway. Keep it safe!!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:52 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,598 Likes on 1,632 Posts

Use the cell phone and call the highway cops
Old 01-16-2008, 09:56 PM
djfullshred
Safety Car

Don't you know that you are supposed to drive like a maniac all the time if you own a Corvette?

j/k

I do seriously think there are some screwheads out there that expect you to, and get pissed when they are behind you while you are driving like any normal car.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:58 PM
anotherone
Pro

I escaped miami in 2000. I grew up there and couldnt wait to leave. On the other hand thats the place to make money.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:00 PM
miami08VETTE
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 585 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Spearfisher
On my home tonight, driving the vette I get some jerk behind me on my ****, he then hits me with the high beams, I guess I wasn't driving fast enough, so I let him pass and give him my high beams, he then starts braking and blocking the road

pissed me off, so to avoid the I just turned off and took another way home, he drove a peice of crap and I know he didn't have Insurance so if he hit me, it would suck

I know what you mean! Nobody seems to know how to drive here anymore. I hate driving in here Miami these days. My wife feels the same way.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:00 PM
NYC Vette
Race Director

You should've pulled over to the next lane, let him get next to you, then smoke him!!! Do that 2 or 3 times.
Then to top it off, give him the finger, and blow away from him!
Old 01-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Tony B4
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by NYC Vette
You should've pulled over to the next lane, let him get next to you, then smoke him!!! Do that 2 or 3 times.
You read my mind.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:04 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

LEO's quickly hand out tickets for aggressive driving around here...and I love it. Jerks are everywhere!!
Old 01-16-2008, 10:04 PM
BadToo
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Driving down here is really bad. You're right - too many without insurance because they spent all their money on AK47s
Old 01-16-2008, 10:05 PM
SSTEVEGS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It ain't just Miami - seems like the entire U.S. is driving like that, more and more...
Old 01-16-2008, 10:07 PM
jim213
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SSTEVEGS
It ain't just Miami - seems like the entire U.S. is driving like that, more and more...
Old 01-16-2008, 10:08 PM
CV62
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07

I wouldn't throw the entire town under the bus because of 1 bonehead. I have had people do the same to me when driving my Envoy. People can be just impatient and rude. I will give you one thing though; South Florida has its share of rude and psycho drivers like any town, but heck thats what makes driving on I95 so fun; its like America's version of the Autobahn. Anyhow I live up the road from you in Davie and pretty much avoid taking my vette into downtown or South Beach because of the boneheads out there ready to damage.

Anyhow, I will see ya on the road and will throw you a wave but without my high beams on.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:13 PM
bunzaroo
Instructor

Originally Posted by miami08VETTE

I know what you mean! Nobody seems to know how to drive here anymore. I hate driving in here Miami these days. My wife feels the same way.
Miami is full of "paragueros"!!! I should know.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:15 PM
From C6ZO62C8
Drifting

Originally Posted by johnodrake
Use the cell phone and call the highway cops
I've done that already, believe or not the cop took the tag from me and brushed me off by saying they'll look into it when the get a chance, yeah right, I want my tax dollars back

thanks dudes, had to vent,
Old 01-16-2008, 10:16 PM
augydog
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Spearfisher
I let him pass and give him my high beams, he then starts braking and blocking the road
Good thing he wasn't in Chattanooga, he would have had his rear window shot out.

augydog
Old 01-16-2008, 10:24 PM
jmcglone
Advanced

There's always some idiot that ruins your day out on the roads. It's probably always been that way, but c'mon. About two weeks ago, I was traveling home in my X5. It was snowing really badly & sticking. At one point where the lanes merge, I'll admit that I swept the curve kind of wide but it was a blizard out there and I could hardly see at all. Anyway, this dude in a hummer flew by on my left honking his horn non-stop. The light ahead changed well in front of us and he stopped way short of the light. So I go around him all the way to where you'd normally stop with a red light. So he pulls up real slow in the lane next to me and tries to have it out, flipping me off and thinking he's just the baddest dude on the planet. When the light changes, he takes off like a bat out of hell and I'm thinking that that would be the last I see of him. Keep in mind now, that it's snowing really badly and we're headed up the mountain on a long straight highway which is eventually going to get twisty. So I actually started thinking to myself that I might eventually run across this a-hole again some time during my trip home. Sure enough, I get to the treeline where the roads start to bend and what do I see? The same over-confident, hot-head stuck in a snowbank at the side of the road, slamming it into and out of reverse to get un-stuck. I thought about stopping and offering some help but at that point, I was thinking the guy got what he deserved.

I guess there's two morals to the story. 1) Always keep your cool while on the road in any conditions cause if you're head is in the wrong place you're going to end up in a ditch. and 2) Don't push it in a confrontation while driving (not really a moral in this story, but still) and remember that there always idiots out there who can ruin your day by their behaviors. Just vow not to be one of them.

Get notified of new replies

To People in Miami are jerks

Old 01-16-2008, 10:29 PM
From C6ZO62C8
Drifting

Originally Posted by jmcglone
There's always some idiot that ruins your day out on the roads. It's probably always been that way, but c'mon. About two weeks ago, I was traveling home in my X5. It was snowing really badly & sticking. At one point where the lanes merge, I'll admit that I swept the curve kind of wide but it was a blizard out there and I could hardly see at all. Anyway, this dude in a hummer flew by on my left honking his horn non-stop. The light ahead changed well in front of us and he stopped way short of the light. So I go around him all the way to where you'd normally stop with a red light. So he pulls up real slow in the lane next to me and tries to have it out, flipping me off and thinking he's just the baddest dude on the planet. When the light changes, he takes off like a bat out of hell and I'm thinking that that would be the last I see of him. Keep in mind now, that it's snowing really badly and we're headed up the mountain on a long straight highway which is eventually going to get twisty. So I actually started thinking to myself that I might eventually run across this a-hole again some time during my trip home. Sure enough, I get to the treeline where the roads start to bend and what do I see? The same over-confident, hot-head stuck in a snowbank at the side of the road, slamming it into and out of reverse to get un-stuck. I thought about stopping and offering some help but at that point, I was thinking the guy got what he deserved.

I guess there's two morals to the story. 1) Always keep your cool while on the road in any conditions cause if you're head is in the wrong place you're going to end up in a ditch. and 2) Don't push it in a confrontation while driving (not really a moral in this story, but still) and remember that there always idiots out there who can ruin your day by their behaviors. Just vow not to be one of them.

well said
Old 01-16-2008, 10:33 PM
DC321
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NYC Vette
...And then get shot.......

He said it is MIAMI!
Old 01-16-2008, 10:41 PM
AOM08COUPE
Instructor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by SSTEVEGS
And the ironic part is, heard a news report on the way home tonight that a DC DMV worker had been arrested for SELLING drivers license to "applicants" that didn't qualify.

Quick Reply: People in Miami are jerks