C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Silver Color

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 05:03 PM
sentry11619
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Silver Color

This is my first post to this forum and I'm saving to purchase the car of my dreams...the corvette. Looking to buy an '09 C6 coupe Z51, MN6, NPP and 2LT trim. My question: is the upcoming new Switchblade Silver lighter or darker than the current Machine Silver Mt. I love the look the current color and was wondering why the change.

Thanks to all in advance.

Greg
Old 02-05-2008, 05:11 PM
siffert
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont think anyone knows yet what "blade" or "switchblade" looks like yet. We may not find out until the coming out party of the 2009 at the April bash. As for changing colors, I think that Machine Silver has been around for 4 years and GM does change its colors from time to time.
While Machine Silver is nice, for me, its nothing outstanding as far as a metallic silver goes. Looking foward to a new silver color and hope its lighter than darker. My own guess is, it wont look much different based on past C5/C6 silver colors.

Congrats on your first post and sorry I didnt have a better answer. But when buying a new corvette, anticipation is everything

Last edited by siffert; 02-05-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:25 PM
sentry11619
4th Gear

Okay, and thanks a lot for the reply. For a while I thought that silver was going away altogether as a color choice. Glad to know it's not.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:30 PM
siffert
Safety Car

Silver is the third most popular Corvette C6 color (after Black and Victory Red) , so I dont see it disappearing anytime soon.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:33 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,578 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by siffert
I dont think anyone knows yet what "blade" or "switchblade" looks like yet. We may not find out until the coming out party of the 2009 at the April bash. As for changing colors, I think that Machine Silver has been around for 4 years and GM does change its colors from time to time.
While Machine Silver is nice, for me, its nothing outstanding as far as a metallic silver goes. Looking foward to a new silver color and hope its lighter than darker. My own guess is, it wont look much different based on past C5/C6 silver colors.

Congrats on your first post and sorry I didnt have a better answer. But when buying a new corvette, anticipation is everything

Come to the Bash, you will get to see the new colors and the 09....
Old 02-05-2008, 07:03 PM
allred
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Silver is the third most popular Corvette C6 color (after Black and Victory Red) , so I dont see it disappearing anytime soon.
Agreed, silver will not disappear.

During the C5 production they even had years where you had a choice of 2 silvers.

And there were 3 different silvers during the C5 production run, (Machine Silver, Quicksilver and Sebring Silver) and 5 if you'll allow me to also count Pewter and Spiral Gray. (I know some "Silver Guys" are touchy about this!)

I always liked the Pewter Metallic and hope that 09 will add a silver that is darker than the current Machine Silver, but maybe not as dark as the pewter.

It's so subjective when it comes to colors.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:57 PM
siffert
Safety Car

Originally Posted by allred
And there were 3 different silvers during the C5 production run, (Machine Silver, Quicksilver and Sebring Silver) and 5 if you'll allow me to also count Pewter and Spiral Gray. (I know some "Silver Guys" are touchy about this!)

I always liked the Pewter Metallic and hope that 09 will add a silver that is darker than the current Machine Silver, but maybe not as dark as the pewter.
The other new color for '09 is the Cyber Gray seen on the ZR1.

I never saw Quicksilver or Sebring Silver....how would you compare the three in terms of lightest to darkest and which showed the most metal flake?
Old 02-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Bandit1
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Yep, that Cyber Gray is beautiful. Almost looks like the previous Spiral Gray.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:12 PM
Mickbee
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

The other new color for '09 is the Cyber Gray seen on the ZR1.

I never saw Quicksilver or Sebring Silver....how would you compare the three in terms of lightest to darkest and which showed the most metal flake?
Quciksilver was a lighter than machine silver, very bright in the sun.

I'm not sure about Sebring... sorry.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:26 PM
siffert
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Mickbee
Quciksilver was a lighter than machine silver, very bright in the sun.

I'm not sure about Sebring... sorry.
I do remember Quicksilver, its a light color and looks almost like a twin to my 2001 Monte Carlo SS in Galaxy Silver. Very light, very bright and lots of metal flake.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:36 PM
sentry11619
4th Gear

Where is the "bash" held...Bowling Green?

Get notified of new replies

To New Silver Color

Quick Reply: New Silver Color