C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Florida Bound!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 04:18 PM
MacMulkin
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 4,105 Likes on 919 Posts

Default Attention CF MEMBERS IN FLORIDA!!!Road Trip?

Hey all,
This is joshua from MacMulkin Chevrolet again just wanting to let everyone in the state of FLorida know that Tommy Jr and I are taking a vacation from March 1st to March 8th down to the sunshine state. We were planning on having a relaxing week hanging out on the beach, fishing, Jet Skiing, things like that. While we were planning out vacation, we both thought that we would have way more fun traveling around florida meeting our forum customers and gettting to hang out with them and check out their rides first hand. I cant promise that we will be able to make it throughout the whole state, but we can damn sure try! We will be contacting people around florida to maybe set up places to meet. I dont know alot of good places to eat and hang out all over the state, I use to live in Ft.Myers so I can line something up there. If anyone has some good ideas of meeting places and things to do while we are visiting our southern brothers down in the sunshine state, that would be great!
Thanks,
~joshua & Tommy Jr.

Last edited by MacMulkin; 01-05-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:28 PM
MacMulkin

oh, one more thing... need to rent a car.. any suggestions on what? Im think of a vette... we'll leave it up to Jr. just chime in if you can.
Thanks,
~joshua
Old 01-04-2008, 06:37 PM
RushThruLife
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bring a wetsuit for the jetski, March is usually the coldest time of the year. the west coast is just beautiful. Try to spend some time in the Sarasota area. Beautiful beaches. I travel alot all over the state(construction). The keys are usually a great drive that time of year.but that a lot of travel time from Ft.Meyers. You`ve got Naples just south of you and Sarasota just north. And West Palm Bch across the state(2.5 hrs to 3hrs) Rent a Harley.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,428 Likes on 775 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

There's lots of us Forum members here in the panhandle. Let us know if you're going to be in this area. We have snow white beaches and emerald green water.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:50 PM
BigBlueDevil
Racer

Hey i'm gonna be in the Miami area that same week!
Old 01-04-2008, 09:35 PM
mikesul
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you make the Ft. Lauderdale area, let me know. I owe T Jr. a few beers.
mikesu@comcast.net

Last edited by mikesul; 01-05-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:45 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

have a good time, guys.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:51 PM
MONTVALEGOLF
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

I'll be in Marco Island just after your in Florida. March 22-29. Wish we could have met up.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:57 PM
tjackson82
Instructor

Hi, Joshua:

I love my VY vert, and I'd love to join you guys when you're in Florida. My best to Tommy Jr., and hopefully you'll make it to South Florida.

Terry
Old 01-04-2008, 10:10 PM
The Clevite Kid
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 45 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'17,'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I know Tommy Jr. likes the East Coast of South Florida; if you are heading this way send me a PM so I can thank Tommy Jr. in person for the best car purchase experience ever.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:01 AM
MacMulkin

Originally Posted by RushThruLife
Bring a wetsuit for the jetski, March is usually the coldest time of the year. the west coast is just beautiful. Try to spend some time in the Sarasota area. Beautiful beaches. I travel alot all over the state(construction). The keys are usually a great drive that time of year.but that a lot of travel time from Ft.Meyers. You`ve got Naples just south of you and Sarasota just north. And West Palm Bch across the state(2.5 hrs to 3hrs) Rent a Harley.
If the water is 60, thats perfect for us! We will spend most of our time in the Naples area, but that depends on how many people want to meet up with us and hang out. We are willing to drive all around florida.
~joshua
Old 01-05-2008, 09:17 AM
JACK FRISSINA
Racer

Its all good all the time ,live here and love it .
Old 01-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Pipedreams
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Have a great time

Here are the rentals vettejoel got on his FL trip FULL POST HERE

Old 01-05-2008, 10:13 AM
MacMulkin

Originally Posted by Tally Ho
There's lots of us Forum members here in the panhandle. Let us know if you're going to be in this area. We have snow white beaches and emerald green water.
We are planning on coming up to the panhandle to meet up with anyone who is around. If you want to do some networking and get some forum members together, we can plan on a day and and maybe stay up there for the night. If you know of some good hotels, give me a shout and let me know.
~joshua
Old 01-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

I am in Naples all winter so no excuse not to make it here if your flying to Fort Meyers.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Mickbee
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MacMulkin
Hey all,
This is joshua from MacMulkin Chevrolet again just wanting to let everyone in the state of FLorida know that Tommy Jr and I are taking a vacation from March 1st to March 8th down to the sunshine state. We were planning on having a relaxing week hanging out on the beach, fishing, Jet Skiing, things like that. While we were planning out vacation, we both thought that we would have way more fun traveling around florida meeting our forum customers and gettting to hang out with them and check out their rides first hand. I cant promise that we will be able to make it throughout the whole state, but we can damn sure try! We will be contacting people around florida to maybe set up places to meet. I dont know alot of good places to eat and hang out all over the state, I use to live in Ft.Myers so I can line something up there. If anyone has some good ideas of meeting places and things to do while we are visiting our southern brothers down in the sunshine state, that would be great!
Thanks,
~joshua & Tommy Jr.

Josh,

It would be wrong if you and Tommy didn't stop in to see a former NH snow hound and my new Z06!

Seriously, feel free to give me a buzz when you are in the area; there are a TON of great places to go in the Oralndo area, I may be able to help out with certain things, and get together for dinner and .

Let Tommy know he should drag Jim W down here as well. I'm tired of listening to him complain about shoveling...

Cangrats on the awesome sales and keep up the outstanding sales and support!

Steve
Old 01-05-2008, 12:50 PM
MacMulkin

Originally Posted by BigBlueDevil
Hey i'm gonna be in the Miami area that same week!
Lets meet up and grab a bite! Tommy and I will be down in Miami to visit a friend of ours. I'll ask him of a good place for all of us to go to go.
~joshua

Get notified of new replies

To Florida Bound!!!!

Old 01-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Cool Rod
Pro

Default I'm In!

Joshua, add me to your list of MacMulkinites who are in South Florida. It'd be cool to hook up with others and with you and Tommy too! I'd like my 08 convertible to meet its father.

Fort Lauderdale is a cool place, accessible from a lot of other places.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:12 PM
MacMulkin

Originally Posted by mikesul
If you make the Ft. Lauderdale area, let me know. I owe T Jr. a few beers.
mikesu@comcast.net
We will take you up on your offer! Ft.Lauderale is on our list of destinations! If you can get everyone around your area that would like to meet up and hang out, that would be great. Tommy and I would love to meet as many Forum members as possible while we are on "Vacation." Our life is Corvettes and the Forum, so who better to share our vacation with then other Corvette enthusiast and Forum members such as yourself! Who knows, our week may turn into two weeks.. Its not like we cant take phone calls, or do quotes from the road. I have a PDA, Tommy on the other hand still has a 1992 cell phone...lol... I just made him get rid of his dial up internet...lol I didnt even think they still had that..(jk).. Im talking him into getting a PDA aswell so he can communicate with people better when he is out of the office. We'll see what happens though.
Thanks,
~joshua
Old 01-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Body Teacher
Instructor

Thanks for the new member welcome! Yes, I did see this thread and will stay up to date on your trip. I'm right outside Orlando and am sure there have to be a few forum members as the C%-C6's are very popular around here ( weather maybe? ). I'll keep an eye out for more local posts to see if something can be organized.

Quick Reply: Florida Bound!!!!