C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Show Me Your CRM C6's

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Mike's LS3
Safety Car

Received 735 Likes on 475 Posts

I have Crystal red with cashmere int. and it is a great combo. My body panel color is consistent and I have no issues with color variance. The cashmere interior gives a nice rich look. The factory cashmere carpet mats will show dirt quick. I replaced them with Lloyds carpet mats for the summer and rubber for the winter both in ebony. The ebony mats give a nice contrast to the interior and matches with dash, upper door panels and rear cargo area. Go for it

Last edited by Mike's LS3; 08-13-2008 at 01:16 AM.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by 'olTimer
I don't want to sound overly defensive, but the color discrepancy you point out on my 'vert does not appear to the naked eye. I can't speak for the other examples, but I do a fair amount of digital photography and can tell you that as sophisticated as the technology is, perfect color rendition on glossy surfaces is not obtainable. Even a slight difference in luminosity (due to shade, reflections or even the slight difference in surface angles) may produce shade differences when reproduced by a digital sensor.

On the other hand, GM may be having consistency problems with paint! I would not make that judgement from digital images, however.

Dave
I agree with what you say... I used to be an insurance adjuster and have a very very very pickey eye when it comes to color match and shade variances. I see stuff that nobody else sees until I point it out to them.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:07 PM
magnum08
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe cobra is not familiar with metallic paints and how they reflect light.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:10 PM
RRVettes
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow, anyone look at the original post date on this thread.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by magnum08
Maybe cobra is not familiar with metallic paints and how they reflect light.
Did you not read my post? I used to be an insurance adjuster, Ive been to countless paint classes, been in many body shops, and seen many paint jobs. It was my job to QA the shops work before deliver to a customer.

In short, I am very very familiar with piant. GM has had color consistance issues with CRM, there have been many threads on it. Look at those pics I can spot some easy variances.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:38 AM
JC7
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Love that color!!! Very Close to Candy Apple.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Pocket Aces
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

CRM would have been my second choice. Very classy color. I would go with a dark grey interior though. Cashmere is bad for resale IMO.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:53 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Did you not read my post? I used to be an insurance adjuster, Ive been to countless paint classes, been in many body shops, and seen many paint jobs. It was my job to QA the shops work before deliver to a customer.

In short, I am very very familiar with piant. GM has had color consistance issues with CRM, there have been many threads on it. Look at those pics I can spot some easy variances.
No offense, but you tell us that you used to be an insurance adjuster in 1 out of every 3 of your posts.

I do believe that CRM has some panel match issues. But it also has a lot of flop, which is repsonsible for much of what you see. I have seen this very same "mismatch" between the front facia and fender in a cyber grey pic, and at the rear facia on Victory Red C6's. In fact, if you look at cars on the road, many of them have an apparent mismatch where the rear facia meets the quarter panel - and it's always on cars with metallic paint.

The paint on a Corvette is far from perfect. You could even grate a little cheese in some areas on mine. But I prefer that GM allocate the resources to the drivetrain and suspension rather than the interior and the paint.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:42 PM
GotVett?
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Good looking reds.

Quick Reply: Please Show Me Your CRM C6's