C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Force tire balancing

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 02:20 PM
vettepwrC6
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Force tire balancing

I'm getting new wheels to repace factory ones...does anyone recomend doing the road force tire balancing or will a normal tire balance do it when they swap wheels?
Old 12-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Cole
Pro

Originally Posted by vettepwrC6
I'm getting new wheels to repace factory ones...does anyone recomend doing the road force tire balancing or will a normal tire balance do it when they swap wheels?
Most tire shops use a road force balancer as standard equipment.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
vettepwrC6
Intermediate

service rep stated that the goodyear shop that will do the balancing does not have a raod force balancer but will balance each tire. However, for $90 more, Chevy would do it. Does that sound right?
Old 12-11-2007, 03:32 PM
steppindown
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Road Force Balance....absolutely!!

There is no way I would have a set of tires mounted without road force balancing them. It is much more precise. There was a night and day difference at our dealership as far as comebacks for rebalancing after we purchased a road force balancer. Plus it is a good way to make sure that your new tires don't have a problem.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:36 PM
Curtis A. Franz
Drifting

Originally Posted by steppindown
There is no way I would have a set of tires mounted without road force balancing them. It is much more precise. There was a night and day difference at our dealership as far as comebacks for rebalancing after we purchased a road force balancer. Plus it is a good way to make sure that your new tires don't have a problem.
Would that be Hunter (Road Force) equipment?
Old 12-11-2007, 03:44 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

and at what price?

I pay $11 / wheel for mounting and balancing on a Hunter.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:51 PM
gbgary
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

discount tire are the only shops i know who have road-force balancing but i'm sure some others do. you definitely want that done. i'm thinking they charge $20 per tire but they've done it for free for me as i'm a regular customer. nobody takes care of their customers like discount tire.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Buffy
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had good luck with shops using the Hunter road force equipment and would recommend it - but $90 sounds pretty high for just the balancing. Pretty good price for mounting and balancing, though.

Related note - definitely go for the "touchless" mounting. And most often you'll find touchless mounting and road force balancing at the same shops.

Disclaimer: fancy equipment doesn't make up for lack of skill in using it, so consider that too!
Old 12-11-2007, 04:04 PM
9C1
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had tires balanced at Discount Tires in LaGrange IL. Hunter web site showed it as having a GSP9700 Road Force balancer. It was only after I paid 15.00 per wheel that I noticed their machine was a GSP9600. Not a Road Force machine, as I read on the Hunter web site. Don’t be like me, ask the right questions: "Do you have and use a GSP9700?" before you get the work done.
I have had other tires balanced on the 9700 in the past, and there is no substitute.

Get notified of new replies

To Road Force tire balancing

Quick Reply: Road Force tire balancing