C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An IMPORTANT "MUST READ" for ALL A6 OWNERS

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 06:28 PM
V8 Juice
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HawaiiC6
Lot of touchy M6 people out there, why is an A6 not fun to drive, I row thru the gears like an M6 trans, the car shifts when I hit the paddles and it works like a good manual trans. I get the added bonus of putting it back into drive to lean back and enjoy the drive when I want to.

So lets not attack each other but support one another as we have that one thing in common we are all VETTE OWNERS.

Right, everyone enjoy the car the way you want with equipment you prefer. I have driven a Z06 and other manual trans on the track as well as an A6. Unless you are a very good driver, the A6 allows full attention to all the other things you need to focus on. Anyone who hasn't missed a manual shift on a road track hasn't run many events or hasn't been running full out. Apologies to the person who will post a claim they have been perfect. The A6 allows gear selection without a second thought or worry about over-revving wheel grab and 4-off. The A6 has done very well for me except for the low gearing not providing the rear wheel grab and revs out of the corners. Now that a 3.42 can be installed, that will change and I am anxious to run T1 and Oak Tree at VIR with the new ratio. So enjoy your preference, I'll take the heat for the automatic and laugh with you on the cartoons but also take the extra shift into 2nd when the manuals are staying in 3rd and look for a point by!!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Naustica
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't understand why people waste thousands of dollars on minor improvements like this. If you want power, just spend little more and add a supercharger or turbo.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:23 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,831 Likes on 2,072 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Naustica
I don't understand why people waste thousands of dollars on minor improvements like this. If you want power, just spend little more and add a supercharger or turbo.

Do that and the A6 will fold like a lawn chair. Even the M6 usually needs to beef up the clutch.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:32 PM
zTrek
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

A "Cow" tune on an automatic is way more than a minor improvement, it's money well spent!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:46 PM
CHASLS2
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by zTrek
A "Cow" tune on an automatic is way more than a minor improvement, it's money well spent!
It really is a kick in the pants!
Old 12-04-2007, 07:52 PM
DC321
Burning Brakes

Another good one from the CoW marketing gurus.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:53 PM
DC321
Burning Brakes

I already can't wait to get tuned next Friday. You are killing me, Chuck.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:48 PM
1yy07vette
Burning Brakes

if anything "SUPERCHARGER"
Old 12-04-2007, 08:53 PM
PA Coach
Racer

Chuck, are you related to Crazy Eddie?
Old 12-04-2007, 08:56 PM
HawaiiC6
Safety Car

With a supercharger you automatically lose your warranty, with a rear gear change they won't know that you did a change.

Which is why guys are opting for a 2K gear and tune rather then a $10K supercharger.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:59 PM
1bdasvt
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '06-'09

Wow,......what a write-up!!!
Chuck,,,,,,,You are the Man!!
Old 12-04-2007, 09:01 PM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by adam329
Guys, I love a MN6, but if you live in the NY/Long Island area, the traffic is sick. You can spend hours in stop and go traffic so a auto is a godsend. Both are fun, but it depends where you live.
Used to Live in LI/NY and Brooklyn/NY.. now in SFBay Area .. CA traffic is killer and an auto is the only way to go if your ever gonna survive .. or else go a little shift crazy.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Purdue
Melting Slicks

Default A Chuck CoW Tune is the real deal!!!!

I have a Chuck CoW tune and I can't imagine having a 3.15 or 3.42 rear in my A6 .

This manual (manly) vs. auto (girly) stuff gets real old .

I know what my A6 can do and so does the 04 Z06 down the street...when I see him again I will ask him how does my tail lights look from behind .
Old 12-04-2007, 09:19 PM
Johnnyjoe
Instructor

Originally Posted by kdhand
I don't know...Sounds like the only excuse you need for a classic road trip - take two weeks and see America as she was meant to be seen! On the return trip you can enjoy the enchanced Vette...
I would love to do this, but I drive about 30,000 mi a year for work. Driving would be no vacation for me. I will just have until a e-mail tune is available. I had my pevious cars tranny tuned via e-mail and it made a big difference in the fun factor. Spring is just around the corner!!!!
Old 12-04-2007, 09:21 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Why do the MN6 guys click on an obvious A6 thread?

For the same reason the LMB guys click on the JSB threads.

They want to read about obviously better cars!

J/k

maybe...
Old 12-04-2007, 09:25 PM
HawaiiC6
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Johnnyjoe
I would love to do this, but I drive about 30,000 mi a year for work. Driving would be no vacation for me. I will just have until a e-mail tune is available. I had my pevious cars tranny tuned via e-mail and it made a big difference in the fun factor. Spring is just around the corner!!!!
You can pullout your computer and overnight it to Chuck COW and he will overnight it back to you.

I need at least 10 A6 C6 cars here in Hawaii for Chuck to do a working vacation out here and do the tunes to make it worth his while.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:32 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by HawaiiC6
You can pullout your computer and overnight it to Chuck COW and he will overnight it back to you.

I need at least 10 A6 C6 cars here in Hawaii for Chuck to do a working vacation out here and do the tunes to make it worth his while.
I don't think so, I'm sure he said in a recent post that he has to have the car for his tune, he cannot do mail order at this time. Hope he comes back here and clears that up.

Get notified of new replies

To An IMPORTANT "MUST READ" for ALL A6 OWNERS

Old 12-04-2007, 09:41 PM
Purdue
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RicK T
I don't think so, I'm sure he said in a recent post that he has to have the car for his tune, he cannot do mail order at this time. Hope he comes back here and clears that up.
Chuck tuned my car when he visited Arizona in October. I think he said he could tune the computer through the mail but can't tune the tranny unless he has the car.

Hopefully he can confirm for you guys.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:43 PM
bosco 08
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ILLUSHN
Why do the MN6 guys click on an obvious A6 thread?

For the same reason the LMB guys click on the JSB threads.

They want to read about obviously better cars!

J/k

maybe...
wow, i must really have issues i sold my 03 Z06 just so i could get the 08 auto btw my last four Vettes were all manuals the 69, 86, 89, and the 03 just got tired of shifting i mean really whats the point of shifting? unless you make money racing your car who cares if the manual is a couple of seconds faster in a road race. ever been to the drag strip? you will notice almost no one uses a stick anymore, all auto's, in fact they have special manual shift classes now b/c of the limited use. just a thought.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:55 PM
NYC Vette
Race Director

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW
Once upon a time....

There were thousands of Corvette owners.... and most of them bought standard shift cars... But why???

Standard shift cars were cool, macho, FAST, and they were MENS CARS...for REAL MEN.

Historically, what self respecting MAN bought an AUTOMATIC VETTE??????

What self respecting MAN would be caught dead in an AUTOMATIC?????

Well, you know...The guys that couldn't drive stick....or maybe the guy with a bum leg.....the poor guy that had to share the car with his wife....You know the type....

Certainly, most WOMEN bought AUTOMATICS.....They were "GIRL CARS"...easy to drive....smooth...and slow....

They were weak, underpowered, they shifted soft.... for sissys....

You didn't buy and AUTOMATIC cause it was fast....You bought it cause you wanted to look cool....You had no intention of racing....You were only going cruising....

And for the poor guys that bought AUTOMATICS....How they were abused by their STICK DRIVING BUDDIES...Everyone made fun of you for buying an AUTOMATIC....How you got TEASED and TAUNTED for your choice of transmission.....

It's been many years since then...Your feelings were hurt....you felt like a wimp.....people still make fun of you till this day......You always REGRETTED buying that AUTOMATIC VETTE...... If you could only go back in time and change the past..... You would buy the stick shift VETTE, BE COOL, GO RACING WITH THE BOYS, and FEEL LIKE A MAN DRIVING A MANS CAR, and NEVER TURN DOWN A CHALLENGE!!!

FAST FORWARD TO 2006

It's now 2006....You like the C6....It's Cool....Got 400hp....and gets 30 MPG....You wanna get a new Vette....WOW, a 6 SPEED AUTOMATIC is available.... Sounds fun...PADDLE SHIFTERS like STAR WARS! HOW SPORTY! You remember the past....and how you got abused for buying the AUTOMATIC.....

OH NO! It couldn't happen again...It's not possible.....IT's 2006 for GODS SAKE! and IT's a 6 SPEED AUTOMATIC.....SURELY IT'S GOT POWER! GM must have finally got it right!.....400hp RIGHT?

You've grown up....You're older now and more mature.....The Automatic seems like a practical choice.....and you say to yourself......

HECK, the damn thing is near 60 GRAND! IT's got to be fast! Right?

So, you muster up the nerve, plunk down your money, and sign the papers and......YOU NOW OWN ANOTHER AUTOMATIC VETTE!!!

You take museum delivery....You take her home...break her in gently, wait 1,500 miles before you go over half throttle....You do EVERYTHING by the book...Hoping that when the 1,500 miles is up.....YOU'RE GONNA GET A PLEASANT SURPRISE!

You change the break in oil....Head out to the highway....CROSS YOUR FINGERS AND STOMP THE PEDAL.......

YES, JUST LIKE BEFORE...YOU'RE THE PROUD OWNER OF AN AUTOMATIC VETTE...ONCE AGAIN.....

The shifts are soft, acceleration is weak, the PADDLES SUCK.....and you're looking at 5 years of payments for a car that you already know YOU HATE.

YOUR FRIENDS WERE RIGHT AGAIN! THEY BOUGHT STICKS, THEIR CARS ARE FASTER......AND THEY ARE COOL.....

AGAIN, YOU ARE NOT...

BUT REMEMBER! REVENGE IS SWEET!

TODAY IS THE DAY THE TIDE CHANGES!
The RULES ARE ABOUT TO BE RE-WRITTEN!

GONE ARE THE DAYS OF WEAK AUTOMATICS, POOR PERFORMANCE, and ABUSE FROM YOUR FRIENDS!!!

INTRODUCING....

YES, IT's FINALLY AVAILABLE @ CoW

A HUGE "THANK YOU" to ARTIE MELENDEZ for donating his BEAUTIFUL RED 08 LS3 A6 AUTOMATIC VETTE!

Not long ago Artie inquired about making his A6 vette faster....So, He got the usual...VARARAM, STAT, TUNE, and some BORLAS..... WOW, was this thing quick!

Next, he tells me..... I want it faster....What else ya got?

Well, ya know Artie...We do have a 3.15 REAR END we're looking to test....and a KILLER TRANS TUNE....

yes, Yes, YES...says Artie...I'LL TAKE IT!!! How quick can you do it????

How bout tomorrow???? I said.......

What do you think Artie's answer was?????? Follow the pics below.....

SO, YOU THINK THAT'S IT??? You think the story ends here?????

WRONG! A few days go by and ARTIE stops by with his car to show off the 3.15 ATTACK PACKAGE to another customer..... While we're talking, I "OOPS" mention that we've got ANOTHER REAR END FOR TESTING... This time it's the 3.42 TOTAL ATTACK PACKAGE! and an UPGRADED TUNE!!!!

ARTIE is close by and hears me mention it to the other customer......What do you think happens next?????

OK, OK, OK, Artie....YES, You can ALSO have the 3.42....Drop it off tonight!!!!

ALL I CAN SAY IS "OMG"...
These REAR ENDS drive almost EXACTLY LIKE STOCK....SMOOTH AND RELIABLE....NOBODY WILL EVER KNOW...

That is.....Untill you BOOT THE THROTTLE and the TIRES BEGIN TO SMOKE AT 60 MPH!!!!

CRUISE RPM's @ 70 MPH in 6th gear are...

1,850 rpms for 3.15's and 1,975 rpms for 3.42's
WOW! That's ALL???

Yesterday, we got a call from a customer that just got the new "Chuck CoW A6 tune and stat"....He went 11.99 with some simple bolt-ons and our tune...See link below.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...ight=chuck+cow

DANGEROUSLY FAST!

Honestly, I can't even begin to think how fast a similar A6 with either of our ATTACK PACKAGES could be....

PRICES STARTING AT $1,999.
PLEASE CALL US FOR YOUR NEEDS and a QUOTE!
THERE ARE MANY OPTIONS AVAILABLE. TOO MANY TO LIST.

Who'se gonna have the LAST LAUGH NOW???

ATTENTION ALL STANDARD SHIFT CORVETTES!!!!
YOU MUST SURRENDER AT ONCE!
SURRENDER----OR BE TAKEN!!!

STICKS WATCH YOUR BACKS...Cause the A6's ARE GONNA ATTACK!!!
Chuck CoW
I just had to quote it...

Quick Reply: An IMPORTANT "MUST READ" for ALL A6 OWNERS