C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is It Just Me? Seriously?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 08:16 PM
1PrecisionRed
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is It Just Me? Seriously?

I'm a new member and I am finding I do not understand yet what it means to own a Corvette.

I have owned "Hot Rods" in the past and was acceptable to the failures of 45 year old cars.

What I have yet to understand (from reading the forums) is how owners on "newer" cars tend to just roll over when they have problems.

Cruise quit working: Unhook the battery cable for 10 minutes and it will be ok. Seriously? I want to know what caused it to fail in the first place.

Run Flat Tires are Noisy: Go buy some other brand.

Stereo sounds Crappy: I don't care. I don't listen to the radio. I'd rather listen to the sound of the engine.

Need work done on my car: Dealer wouldn't honor the repairs.

I'm sorry, but this sounds like a lot of people "rolling over" and not pushing for what they paid for.

What am I missing?
Old 10-17-2013, 08:21 PM
flange
Team Owner

Received 267 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

its like having an ugly little sister. you can tell her she is ugly at home when she annoys you, but no one had better do it in public in front of you.
There are certain flaws with C6's, which most are aware of prior to purchase, and learn to work around. For example, if i dont like the stereo in my car, but like everything else, for x hundred or more bucks, i can fix the issue. That isnt rolling over, its making it fit my needs.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:26 PM
0PalmerPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have yet to find the perfect car, so I do have to 'deal' with some things that are annoying. It is a give and take. Too bad GM doesn't offer a custom car program where you design it all yourself. Haha
Old 10-17-2013, 08:28 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,244 Likes on 704 Posts

This thread makes no sense at all...

Please post a list of vehicles (new or old) that has never encountered any problems.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:29 PM
FrankenPC
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's pretty simple actually. You cannot possibly get a better weighted, firmer chassis, better drive train, and more applicable horsepower for the money. It's the best possible deal if you want to haul butt. And it looks sexy to boot. VERY sexy. I can overlook a lot for that list of features.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:39 PM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't think he's complaining about the car. He just can't figure out the owners.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:41 PM
LIE2ME
Le Mans Master

Received 4,568 Likes on 1,643 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankenPC
It's pretty simple actually. You cannot possibly get a better weighted, firmer chassis, better drive train, and more applicable horsepower for the money. It's the best possible deal if you want to haul butt. And it looks sexy to boot. VERY sexy. I can overlook a lot for that list of features.
...and it's so damned FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 08:43 PM
Jeff-Ford
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your missing the obvious. This forum is made up of members from all different walks of life who have at least one thing in common....we love corvettes. Some guys are mechanically inclined and enjoy helping others solve issues. Some guys want opinions on different things they are thinking about adding to their car from the guys who added them. When buying tires that cost between 1000-2000+ a set its nice to get actual input from guys who have tried different things. Your comment is based on a very small percentage of posts. With all forums there will be some silly a$$ no-brainer posts and some awesome posts. Sometimes the no-brainer posts turn into very entertaining posts. Just chill the funk out and enjoy it. : ) Welcome to the forum
Old 10-17-2013, 08:46 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 1PrecisionRed
I'm a new member and I am finding I do not understand yet what it means to own a Corvette.

I have owned "Hot Rods" in the past and was acceptable to the failures of 45 year old cars.

What I have yet to understand (from reading the forums) is how owners on "newer" cars tend to just roll over when they have problems.

Cruise quit working: Unhook the battery cable for 10 minutes and it will be ok. Seriously? I want to know what caused it to fail in the first place.

Stereo sounds Crappy: I don't care. I don't listen to the radio. I'd rather listen to the sound of the engine.

I'm sorry, but this sounds like a lot of people "rolling over" and not pushing for what they paid for.

What am I missing?
Please tell, what would you do?
Old 10-17-2013, 08:47 PM
flange
Team Owner

Received 267 Likes on 136 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by R&L's C6

Please post a list of vehicles (new or old) that has never encountered any problems.
my 2008 f150 lariat(sold at 168000 miles), my 2011 f150 platinum so far at 86k miles.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:53 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by flange
my 2008 f150 lariat(sold at 168000 miles), my 2011 f150 platinum so far at 86k miles.
Not all F150's are problem free. A lot of Corvette owners could post the same testimonial.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Chevy-SS
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah, that ^^^^^^^^^^

I haven't ever seen a 'perfect' car yet, not in this price range anyway....
Old 10-17-2013, 09:12 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1PrecisionRed

What am I missing?
Cruise quit working I'd never know don't use it

Yes goodyear run flat tires are noisy so yes buy something else you can't make them quieter n gm certainly won't warranty noisy tires n if they did would put same crap tires back on it

Stereo is crappy. So I replaced and upgraded all of it, it was best gm offered. Can't custom order better from them

Dealer won't warranty car. Big deal fix it myself. I voided all the warranties myself anyway

I got what I paid for , I bought the best platform gm offered as a starting point to build the car I truly wanted. N damn I love it

Now if I bought the car and the door fell off and they said though luck. And I just accepted that. That would be rolling over I'm just looking past the small flaws to get what I truly want in the end
Old 10-17-2013, 09:18 PM
smurfkiller
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh and by the way if your 05 is a manual trans. You need to buy the column lock eliminator or your engine won't be rolling over when you want it to
Old 10-17-2013, 09:24 PM
dpigguy
Safety Car

Received 147 Likes on 114 Posts

Like many things in life, people tend to communicate more when there is a problem (ie: complain) then when all is good. I have a F-150 with major front end issues (2012) but an '08 coupe that's been absolutely trouble free. I post complaints on the Ford forums but rarely post here on how much my car has been perfect for 5 years and 50k miles. I think it gives one a false sense that all Vettes have issues. I for one would not roll over if I had an issue - just haven't had one yet! Jmho
Old 10-17-2013, 09:29 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by flange
its like having an ugly little sister. you can tell her she is ugly at home when she annoys you, but no one had better do it in public in front of you.
There are certain flaws with C6's, which most are aware of prior to purchase, and learn to work around. For example, if i dont like the stereo in my car, but like everything else, for x hundred or more bucks, i can fix the issue. That isnt rolling over, its making it fit my needs.
just to tack onto this one, I've had Bose upgraded systems in three cars. they are all awful. is that my fault? no. am I "rolling over?" no. what am I supposed to do---insist GM put in a better system?

cruise doesn't work? get it fixed. maybe there are some who say, just don't use it, but that could be true for any owner of any brand of car.

dealer won't honor "repairs???" the actual repairs? or won't work on the car? if actual repairs, that's a problem but it can't be unique to just Chev. I've heard of it w/ others, too. there are methods to get it remedied, but no, it's not easy.

who do you blame for noisy runflat tires? GM, Chev., Corvette, the dealer? I'd say, it's a choice made by the mfr. is it "rolling over" by me, or any owner? I don't think so. you might.

notice: teh C6 has one brand of tire, and at least 3 different "models." they all don't act the same. the C7 uses a different make and at least two different "models."

so, looking at your list, who is rolling over? the owner? the dealer? GM? I get what you're implying but I just don't get the context of what you are saying or to whom you are assigning the blame to, since much of it is out of the hands of the individual owners.

If that mean you don't want to buy the car, ok, I think I understand. It's your call.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:51 PM
ProfessorDeath
Safety Car

Received 165 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14

Are you bitching about people not bitching? Do I have this right?

Get notified of new replies

To Is It Just Me? Seriously?

Old 10-17-2013, 09:53 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ProfessorDeath
Are you bitching about people not bitching? Do I have this right?
Old 10-17-2013, 10:26 PM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,026 Posts

A corvette is much like a gorgeous woman, she may have some flaws, which you are willing to overlook for the experience of the whole package. It's just a matter of how much B.S. you are willing to deal with before you look elsewhere. ;o)
Old 10-17-2013, 10:44 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Not all F150's are problem free. A lot of Corvette owners could post the same testimonial.
He'd know what problems were if he had a ford diesel.

Quick Reply: Is It Just Me? Seriously?