C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 09:51 AM
richie15
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Automatic Door Locks

I was wondering if this normal or ? 2005 coupe,I park, and by the time I get the sunshade in the windshield the automatic door locks have done their thing.Problem is,the door won't open even with hitting the unlock switch on the door panel.I had to restart the engine to reset the locks to get out.I would think the interior switch should be an overide.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

As long as you have the fob in the car with you, pressing the unlock button on the door should unlock it. However, if you'll leave the door open until you get the sunshade in place, the doors should not lock.

I'm not sure whether that's a serious enough problem with the door locks to have the dealer look at it or not. Try leaving the door open first.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:44 AM
overrev64
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That seems odd, the car should not automatically lock until the fob is outside the car and a specific distance from the car's antennas.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:52 PM
xtacy187
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ur FOB's battery might be weak.. Do you sometimes have to take it out of your pocket toget the car to start..!? I'm going throught my second fob now ... (got annoying cuz I was used to pressing 1 for memory setting and it just became like second nature so it was frustrating when I had to use the second FOB...).. You can get the car to start but I think that sometimes if a FOB won't be detected when trying to exit, the doors might not open..

Just outta curiousity, even without the doors opening, do the windows index when you try to exit..!?

Get notified of new replies

To Automatic Door Locks

Quick Reply: Automatic Door Locks