C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CRM-Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 12:03 PM
jimmie jam
Le Mans Master

Received 565 Likes on 345 Posts

this is not unique to corvettes or red. my CTS is white diamond (pearl). it is a beautiful color in any light, HOWEVER, under certain light it looks like a "botched" paint job. the bumber covers don't "exactly" look like a match either. that being said in most light it looks perfect. go figure. these tintcoat colors are very sensitive to the light. i just live with it but you still have to say damn.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Jet Stream
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JC6
Every CRM paint job I see flaw's. Like the side of the car does not match with the back bumper. If you look where the head lights are the paint is a lot lighter ( shade) than the rest of the car. I enden up with getting JSB, I did not any flaws with that color.
You made the right choice anyway.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:52 PM
GaussianMist
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JC6
Every CRM paint job I see flaw's. Like the side of the car does not match with the back bumper. If you look where the head lights are the paint is a lot lighter ( shade) than the rest of the car. I enden up with getting JSB, I did not any flaws with that color.
Not enough said! We just started, there might have been previous issues with the CRM and those have been addressed based on some of the CRM owner’s feedback and the CRM color being lifted off the constraint list. Having said that, based on your post you stated “I ended up with getting JSB, I did not see any flaws with that color.” This could only mean you really wanted the CRM but ended up settling for your second choice JSB. I can feel a little guilt on your post being unsure of your color choice and that is all. This is no big deal.

I guess if you had a choice and did not see any flaw on your own perception on the CRM, you would have ordered or bought the CRM. The good news, you got a vette and JSB is a beautiful color, the bad news is there are no more CRM problems and you could have gotten the CRM, your first choice in color.

Last edited by GaussianMist; 10-31-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Swiftrider08
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet Stream
You made the right choice anyway.
Blue?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Harry2
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 403 Likes on 222 Posts

My CRM was delayed by about three weeks due to the CRM paint bleed through hold, and then the mini-strike [anyone remember that?].

It was finally built on 10.02 and delivered on 10.06. I have gone over every inch of this cars paint surface and I believe its about as perfect as a mass produced Vette can be.
Very happy with my choice!

The one thing everyone agrees on is that it is a chameleon.
Depending on the light, it does change color in direct sunlight vs the shadows. But I have not seen any evidence of different sections of my CRM, in the same light intensity, being any different.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:28 PM
MySea6
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GaussianMist
I just figured it out... this is another JSB justifying color choice and needing a little hug and love.

I blame it all on the LMB 2005-2007 owners bashing the JSB color.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:07 PM
JC7
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by GaussianMist
Not enough said! We just started, there might have been previous issues with the CRM and those have been addressed based on some of the CRM owner’s feedback and the CRM color being lifted off the constraint list. Having said that, based on your post you stated “I ended up with getting JSB, I did not see any flaws with that color.” This could only mean you really wanted the CRM but ended up settling for your second choice JSB. I can feel a little guilt on your post being unsure of your color choice and that is all. This is no big deal.

I guess if you had a choice and did not see any flaw on your own perception on the CRM, you would have ordered or bought the CRM. The good news, you got a vette and JSB is a beautiful color, the bad news is there are no more CRM problems and you could have gotten the CRM, your first choice in color.
Not over just yet! Tim at Broadwalk has a CRM coming this month and a JSB in Dec. Like I said I hve been real lucky to have own 5 Vettes so far. This will be my last, even getting my Vettes at the GMS price, these rides are not cheap! In years to come will JSB still be a cool color to have? I know CRM or any reds are always will be cool.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:41 PM
GaussianMist
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JC6
Not over just yet! Tim at Broadwalk has a CRM coming this month and a JSB in Dec. Like I said I hve been real lucky to have own 5 Vettes so far. This will be my last, even getting my Vettes at the GMS price, these rides are not cheap! In years to come will JSB still be a cool color to have? I know CRM or any reds are always will be cool.
JSB or CRM, you can't go wrong, go with the one that you really like not what people say. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: CRM-Problem