C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kumho Ecsta SPT now avail. for C6

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 11:59 PM
JTS97Z28
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tim87tr
I've had these on for about a week and they do have quite a bit of road noise, especially until they warm up a bit in this colder weather. I guess this is normal for the SPTs or I may have one bad tire. Any opinions from SPT users?
Humm thats odd I have the SPT's on my 05 Z51 and they are SOOOOOO much more quiet than my original runflats. Sure there isn't something else wrong with your car?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:31 AM
keith5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cjunkie
yeah ill put those on my 50k,186 mph sports car!......just wondering if theyd put kumho's on an F15 if we went to war with N Korea?
Ain't no worse than subbing out our next gen refueling tanker to Airbus..... BTW I've had them on for 2k miles and they are leaps and bounds ahead of the GY F1 Supercar Runcraps...Which lasted 10k miles for me...
Old 10-29-2008, 10:21 AM
kgelliott
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NewC6guy
I have the SPTs on my C6 and they have been great for the last 4500 miles and show almost no wear you can still read Kumho on the center of the tire.
Same here, but with over 5,000 miles on them now. The first few days after getting them, I noticed a positive difference, but I know that is comparing brand new tires to old (25,000 miles) ones. I went with the mini air compressor and plug repair kit along with the credit card in the wallet instead of the runflats. Flat tires haven't been a problem for me, personally, so until they are, I decided to take my chances. So far, so good, and I like the looks of them as well as the great tread life.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Red Rochester
Le Mans Master

Received 255 Likes on 135 Posts

Hey Guy /Gals He is just making you all aware of a good deal If you like it fine if not your better informed. I appreciate the input.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Ahmer
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm broke... I need cheap tires... Besides who cares if you go fast??? Plus the babes won't see you if you fly by them geniuses... So you drive extra slow.

Have you not seen the biggest guy in the gym only work out with a very small weight to put some definition on??? This kinda fits the analogy.

Also, the idiots that are flying down the roads are usually the morons in their cheap hyundai tiburons or their scion TAs because they're trying hard to be cool...

MY POINT IS GO CHEAP! GET KUMHOS and save your money for the gas your gonna wind up paying through your left nostril.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:09 AM
RedRider1
Pro

Kumho's are made in Korea. I personally like to buy American made. Just my personal tastes.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:37 AM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRider1
Kumho's are made in Korea. I personally like to buy American made. Just my personal tastes.
Certainly understandable, but don't overlook that while they may be of Korean origin, that doesn't mean they don't arrive here on American vessels or aircraft (though other nations seems to be passing us up there too), are transported by American truckers to warehouses and distribtors staffed by American workers and are sold by American dealers.

Oh, and don't overlook the fact they are pretty darn good tires for a very reasonable price - at least they worked quite well on my Mazda.

They also seem to be popular among American drivers. Including me. I'm all for American products, but don't like to pay a premium price for a lesser quality product.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:05 AM
Cookee
Racer

I personally like the Michelin PS2 or GY Supercar RF. I read some very interesting comments on tires and the values placed on cost over quality etc. Seems if cost is the top concern maybe some should consider selling their vette and buy a corolla or even better yet take the bus. You can save even more money, and have more time to work out and maybe meet some women on the bus too!

Quick Reply: Kumho Ecsta SPT now avail. for C6