C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forum Dealers----Trade In's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 09:08 PM
426 Hemi
Safety Car

Received 621 Likes on 418 Posts

Default Forum Dealers----Trade In's?

Anyone have experience trading in your used Vette with any of the dealers sponsoring the forum?

Just wondered how well things worked out doing this.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:13 PM
BigJoe
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Only once, and it was a forum dealer that is no longer one. They offered about $5000 less for my trade than my local dealer. And my local dealer matched the price within a couple $100 on the new one... No brainer for me. I may be wrong but I think the high volume dealers would rather not mess with trades.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Maui
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

If you're getting the car for close to invoice I wouldn't expect much especially if you can't drive the car to the dealer.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:49 PM
noel48
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Last year I was offered $30k for my '05 F55,heated seats,2 tops,everything but nav,14k miles.I walked.This was at a forum vendor.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:55 PM
0corvetteconti @ EVS
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 426 Hemi
Anyone have experience trading in your used Vette with any of the dealers sponsoring the forum?

Just wondered how well things worked out doing this.

Thanks in advance.
a lot depends on where you are, because shipping of the unit can be an issue...it's not impossible, just needs to be realistic. As one member stated, it's all relative, the deals are awesome on new vettes right now....we'll help any way we can...each market is also different in regards to used product.

You being in Coldwater,MI we are not that far away in WI

You can trade sometimes in advance, as I did today with one member, or wait until your new car comes in....or we give assistance on selling it in your local market.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:01 PM
catbert
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I traded my last two Vettes waaaaay out of town. I got a fair price (better than local) based on my description of the car, with the understanding that deductions would be made at their end if the condition and mileage wasn't as described. Both deals went well, and I spent less than 90 minutes at the dealerships before leaving with the new car.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:23 PM
426 Hemi
Safety Car

Received 621 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by corvetteconti @ EVS
a lot depends on where you are, because shipping of the unit can be an issue...it's not impossible, just needs to be realistic. As one member stated, it's all relative, the deals are awesome on new vettes right now....we'll help any way we can...each market is also different in regards to used product.

You can trade sometimes in advance, as I did today with one member, or wait until your new car comes in....or we give assistance on selling it in your local market.
Man, what a breath of fresh air. Nice to see a salesman trying to make things work. Hmmmm Random Lake. I think the ferry out of Ludington goes close to there.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:29 PM
batmann
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by corvetteconti @ EVS

When I bought my '07, in the fall of '06, from Shane at EVS (at a $7500 discount) - they gave me a fare price on my 06 Passat....sight un-seen....and, on the way to pick up my new 07 - I picked up a nail in one of the shoulders of one of the tires...they still gave me the price we agreed on - knowing they may have to put a new tire on.

No hassles. Fair, honest, midwest forum dealer.

Dave

Last edited by batmann; 09-24-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:26 PM
2bubbas
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I traded with Forum dealer

I do not do well with tire kickers, and where I live the Vette market is limited. I had lots of talkers- "when you get ready to sell"- that ended up being hot air.

Trading it worked well for me. I was honest in what I had and wasn't expecting the world for it. I got better than book Trade-in but less than Private Sale. I was dealing with 4 dealers- 2 gave me a trade-in price. 2 did not even want the Vette on trade. Told me to sell it private and get back to them.

I bought from Les Stanford- Dennis Tap was my salesman.

Get notified of new replies

To Forum Dealers----Trade In's?

Quick Reply: Forum Dealers----Trade In's?