C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying very hard to take the high road….

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 03:41 AM
dchao
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GotVett?
Hi Jim. Ditto my good friend. Which airport?

But, how many Vettes can a good Rick sell, if another Rick can't sell Vettes . . . uh or Hickory dickery doc, both Ricks are selling what's hot, the sales are all up, they won't shut up, so they should just get off the pot. Mary had a little . . . .

This is a great forum!
Old 09-12-2007, 04:33 AM
GotVett?
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jschindler
Houston to Calgary and back in the next week! I gotta figure out how to get over to your area.
Would enjoy seeing you Jim. Man . . . alot of flying.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:45 AM
FUTURESTRADER
Pro

Originally Posted by Rick @ Les Stanford
This is a good point and allow me to address it. I simply do not have time to be on the forum much at all any more thru the day. I don't have time to go to all of the events that I would like. I don't have time to take a lot of pictures like I used too. I am quite frankly very busy selling Corvettes. As of today I am personally working with 35 customers orders and currently have 27 in production with several more waiting to go in. I am contacted by phone, email or PM 50 to 60 times per day. I have a personal asst. thank the Lord that helps me keep up with everything. This forum and its members have supported me with their trust and business hundreds of times over the years and for that I am very grateful and yes protecting.
Rick,

Take this from an Advertising/Marketing executive:

Don't say another word, don't respond again, period. Let this thread die, if it ever does, ROFLMAO. If you would have worked with a good PR person such as myself I would have NEVER let you post this Thread.

What you're saying indirectly is this: I have been here for several years and all you members should Buy Corvettes from me, forget any New competition, forget if another Vette salesmen is answering your questions here, posting pics when asked, giving you better pricing, sponsoring Corvette events, I was here first. I guess this is why you are a Car salesmen and I do PR, lol. Think before you Speaketh!

I can No longer post any pics here, answer any questions, or attend any Corvette events because I am making way too much Money writing up orders for new C6's and Z06's. In fact, I have an assistant and we still can't get all the orders filled. OMG, I can't beleive you actually said that, unbelievable.

You have given the other Rick so much FREE advertising it's not even funny. Soon, he will need an assistant.

If you want to "PROTECT" your clientel from going elsewhere then offer more VALUE. Clients do not leave anyone strictly because of a better deal, it is very rare. There is always a cheaper homebuilder, mortgage agent, landscaper, realtor, etc...

Keep piehole shut.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:58 AM
GotVett?
Race Director

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I could see feeling vulnerable and desperate, if my sales were slow and I didn't know where my next paycheck was coming from. But sales are booming for these two reputable, respected guys. And their both on the "shootin fish in a barrel" forum. Have more business than you can shake a stick at . . . what a problem to have.

Sounds like a mid-life crisis kind of a thing going on. From all accounts, Rick, everyone thinks you're great. You're gonna make it. I just know it.

Let it go, get a second assistant, and enjoy your success.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:02 AM
Erix
Pro

Originally Posted by sparky69
Taking the "high road" is not saying anything at all. Period.
Ah yes, it took 4 pages for this realization. That is the first thing that popped into my head. The second was how slow are some of the other folks not to realize what this thread was really about.

As always, mpuzach and jschindler are on point (as where many others). And great post Futurestrader

Rick, by trying to polarize the community against the other Rick by using a passive aggressive method such as this thread, you just lost points with those that could go either way. As Sparky pointed out, you are doing exactly the opposite of you thread title and it baffles me that others just glazed over that. We dont even need to touch that mess about 'not having the time'.

I have to ask, what do you want. Do you want to dictate who can and cant sell vettes here? Or they have to run all pricing by you for approval first? Do you guys have some kind of agreement to price fix so you arent undercutting one another or some such thing? Seriously.....what realistic expectation do you have and why complain to the community about it?

Sorry, but for someone whose going on about professionalism, this thread is an example of what likely isn't.

I've talked to both Ricks when looking to order my 08 and neither were competative 3 weeks ago, and one wanted MSRP for a Z if you can beleive that. I am paying $1000 over the 'going' rate to a dealer that was not truthful initially about their allocation just to have the right of refusal if the build quality is crap (have had a Z06 buyback and seen too many bad cars from BG). At the end of the day you are buying the car, you will be driving the car, and the car will be sitting in your garage. How nice the guy you talked to over the phone for those few minutes while getting the purchase sorted is superflous. All the forum venders service the clients adequetly, the guys you really hope are 'treating you right' are the folk in BG that put that car together IMHO.

Last edited by Erix; 09-12-2007 at 05:05 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:42 AM
TrackNoob
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by FUTURESTRADER

to "PROTECT" your clientel from going elsewhere... offer more VALUE.
Shortened that up for ya, Futurestrader, but don't think I lost the essence.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:57 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,122 Likes on 727 Posts

Hello Rick D,

Though I have bought my 06Z and my wife's 07 vert from Ken F, I have a former office colleague and now client that has bought his first internet corvette from you (a vert) and that car was built last week. Dennis has bought many vettes but this is his first internet purchase and first NCM delivery (my recommendation to him). He is very excited about this purchase and this upcoming delivery. To my knowledge, he has been very satisfied dealing with you.

Stay on the high road Rick and good luck.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:09 AM
joec
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by AP
Rick asked me to post his response .... you can read it here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...9&postcount=27

Mods: If this count's as one vendor posting in another vendors thread ... edit it ...
Blah, Blah.. he explains nothing and just tries to further is own agenda (I didn't do nutin') typical salesman, that just so happens to be selling Vettes...

Now that being said, I would think that *ALL* of these for sale items whether its cars, front license plate holders (don't get me started.. ) etc should be in the "for sale" sections?? Are they here because they would compete with "our" posts?
Old 09-12-2007, 08:17 AM
2008c6
Burning Brakes

There's an easy way to put and end to this! Have both Rick's appear on the Doctor Phill show.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:18 AM
hitecredneck
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife and I tried to buy the last 3 vetts from forum dealers and none of them could get the job done. Bought all three from non-forum dealers, one local.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:30 AM
silver-surfer
Pro

How about a high noon showdown? Say pistols at 30ft?
Old 09-12-2007, 08:39 AM
bh747
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06, '07, '13, '15

It's kind of like an ex-wife. Ignore it and it goes away.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:45 AM
steve miller
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

If I can make one person laugh every day, I feel like I've accomplished something. But it's better when people aren't laughing at ME behind my back!
In that case your day was a success jim....Freakin YESTERDAY!! I can't believe I woke up to this thread....still running and at the top!

And the saga continues: Who's Johnson is bigger?
Old 09-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Nav Vet
Instructor

I'm not sure how much money a dealership really profits from the sale of a car...but I will buy my car from the least expensive place. I purchased from one dealership, and get service at another because each one is better at dirrerent things.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:46 AM
steve miller
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

If I can make one person laugh every day, I feel like I've accomplished something. But it's better when people aren't laughing at ME behind my back!
In that case your day was a success jim....Freakin YESTERDAY!! I can't believe I woke up to this thread....still running and at the top!

And the saga continues: Who has the bigger Johnson?
Old 09-12-2007, 09:10 AM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by bh747
It's kind of like an ex-wife. Ignore it and it goes away.
Actually, that's usually what makes them "ex-wifes" to begin with

Same with customers - ignore them and they'll go elsewhere!
Old 09-12-2007, 09:33 AM
AP
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joec
Blah, Blah.. he explains nothing and just tries to further is own agenda (I didn't do nutin') typical salesman, that just so happens to be selling Vettes...

Now that being said, I would think that *ALL* of these for sale items whether its cars, front license plate holders (don't get me started.. ) etc should be in the "for sale" sections?? Are they here because they would compete with "our" posts?
Actually ... vendors are allowed to post in the general section, the For Sale section is for Non-Vendors ... read the rules ... after 3 years I would think you would know that ..>

Get notified of new replies

To Trying very hard to take the high road….

Old 09-12-2007, 10:06 AM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by troller399
I heard ZERO complaints when the Z06 where above MSRP....Saving a buck is saving a buck...PERIOD

Old 09-12-2007, 10:26 AM
legalgus
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by troller399
I heard ZERO complaints when the Z06 where above MSRP....Saving a buck is saving a buck...PERIOD
Agree. Facts are there have been somewhat minor changes since '05. The initial onslaught of the "I gotta haves" has dissipated. With demand down and the economy as it is, the road is only going to get tougher. The old law of supply and demand as well as the current economy has caught up with all of us, including dealers.
Looks like any dealer will now have to wait until the C7 in order to maximize profit.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:36 AM
David Garren
Burning Brakes

Boy do I find this funny. When I bought my 06 I e-mailed both Rick's and one of the other forum dealers in No. Ca. Well Rick d. sent me and e-mail back, Rick C. didn't even respond and the Bay area dealer responded. Here is the kicker, my local dealer beat the 2 quotes by $1700.00, and he quoted me first.
I bought local and I'm not sure I would ever buy from a forum dealer. My thought is I don't mind paying for a pair of baby shoes for some salesman's kid, but I'll be damned if I'm paying for NIKE'S.

Quick Reply: Trying very hard to take the high road….