C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying very hard to take the high road….

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

I know who/what you're talking about, but I'm not sure what your actions should be. Maybe the person/company will respond.

I personally prefer not to make any other comment.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:04 PM
KristinC6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick @ Les Stanford
It seems that here lately every post I place I have another sales person here trying to one up ME in particular. I am trying very hard to take the high road on this but it is getting very old. What say the forum members on this subject?????
I'm with you Rick. The Forum is a place where people are usually very respectful of one another. The way he is offering his deals does not seem very respectful of you.

We all want to get the best deal possible, which means that competition is necessary, but he should focus on his own deals and not do this $8,000 vs. $8,001 stuff. That seems childish to me.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Dvlray6
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

Didn't see anyone posting in anyone elses thread. Do you have some exclusivity to advertise here? If not, the free market door swings both ways. JHMHO...

As another poster said, didn't hear any complaints from the dealers when the prices were +$10M-30M.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:05 PM
ClovisFox
Drifting

Default Hang In There...

Rick,
Competition is tough, and this Forum is no different. I don't agree with the salesmanship tactics of the 'other' Rick. I think of the stereo-type used car salesman every time I see his face; but unless the Forum management sets up some vendor ethics, we will have to live with his style (which I don't approve). In the meantime, be comforted with the fact that you are a top notch salesman who was a pleasure to do business with, and which I highly recommend to anyone contemplating the purchase of a new Vette. Hang in there...

Gene...
Old 09-11-2007, 05:09 PM
BDillon
Instructor

Rick,

I think it's bull**** and unprofessional.
I will just leave it at that.

Bill
Old 09-11-2007, 05:11 PM
joec
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Rick,

I wouldn't let it get to you, he's just such an unprofessional turd... While we are in a capitalistic society and competition is good.. You do get what you pay for, and seeing his childish ways would lead me to believe that he has to do these things to sell and I wouldn't feel confident after the sale.. You get what you pay for.. I see this all the time and steer clear of them.. Losers, is what they are and always will be.. I don't see the others (kerbeck, boardwalk etc.. ) doing this.

Professionals will always rise to the top..
Old 09-11-2007, 05:20 PM
ohmy
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Competition... the life-blood of capitalism. Sorry, no sympathy from me.
Originally Posted by kpflynn
I thought it was pretty funny, myself. Just some friendly competition.
Originally Posted by troller399
I heard ZERO complaints when the Z06 where above MSRP....Saving a buck is saving a buck...PERIOD
Originally Posted by Irv
Rick, he's not posting in your thread, he's posting in his own thread. The fact that he's competing with you so overtly is actually pretty humorous. I say, let's see more of this!

Frankly, Rick, this sounds like whining. You're winning no points with me.
Originally Posted by Dvlray6
Didn't see anyone posting in anyone elses thread. Do you have some exclusivity to advertise here? If not, the free market door swings both ways. JHMHO...

As another poster said, didn't hear any complaints from the dealers when the prices were +$10M-30M.
me too....

I don't really see a problem....

Maybe I'm not aware of all that is involved here, but the last example of the thread competition I remember is:

Rick1: Z06 $8000 under MSRP
Rick2: Z06 $8001 under MSRP

And frankly, thats pretty darn good competion and an amuzing thread pattern.

So, if the example above is what you are upset about (do correct me if I'm wrong), I would agree with another user who posted in this thread, that you should stop whinning!!! Sorry R, no sympathy from me, and my biz would go to Rick2 (yes, a buck is a buck).... but with that said, you can always do the following to become my best friend again:

Rick1: Z06 $8002 under MSRP

Last edited by ohmy; 09-11-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:24 PM
vray
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems that here lately every post I place I have another sales person here trying to one up ME in particular. I am trying very hard to take the high road on this but it is getting very old. What say the forum members on this subject?????
+1

This is one reason that I bought a 08 from Rick Daniels instead of the 'other' Rick, I hate the antics he pulls on this forum.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:24 PM
falco84
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 09-11-2007, 05:26 PM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Competition... the life-blood of capitalism. Sorry, no sympathy from me.

A dealer version of "my dog is bigger than your dog"

It looks like to me that both of you are generating plenty of free publicity about your offerings.
Relax there are plenty of customers to go around.

Doubt if either one of you will be on the unenployment line soon!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:32 PM
0Rick @ Les Stanford
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06

After 6 years on this forum I just think that a little courtesy and professionalism would not be to much to ask as I always try to afford to everyone. Enough said my point has been made.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:39 PM
jschindler
Team Owner

Received 341 Likes on 166 Posts

After 6 years on this forum I just think that a little courtesy and professionalism would not be to much to ask as I always try to afford to everyone. Enough said my point has been made.
I've got a whole lot of stars under my forum name - which means I'm on this forum all the time. I personally have not seen anything that I consider to be "below the belt". If I missed it, please point it out to me.

I am extremely loyal to a few car and motorcycle dealerhships in the Houston area. I buy a lot of cars, and I'll travel 40 miles past other dealerships to maintain my loyalty. I don't always get the best price - in fact, I probably seldom get the best price. But I'm always damn close to the best price. If I pay $500 more to the dealers I'm loyal to, I consider it an investment, not a cost because they take damn good care of me after the sale.

Competition it good for everyone. If you don't like the way another forum dealer is acting, maybe you should run a BBB on Landmark and see what really BAD competition is. If you are bothered by what one or even two or three other forum dealers are doing, then your vision is clouded. The small handful of forum dealers should not be worried about each other, you should be worried about the thousands of other Chevy dealers who's vultures are sitting out in the parking lot trying to make a quick sale to the next guy who walks in.

Like someone else said, when you try to sell cars to people all over the country, price is the hook. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Good luck.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:39 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by V Amazed
Rick,

In an internet market where price is one of the largest determinants of purchase behavior, there will always be someone cheaper. The key is not to be the lowest priced, but rather offer the best value. Intangibles go a long way to satisfy. Unless you're the Wal-Mart of the auto industry, someone is going to beat your price, case closed.

Ben
While I agree with what you say, Ben, in my experience, not everyone looking to buy a new car is looking for "value". I think most of them would be hard-pressed to understand the concept of value as it applies to automobiles. I worked for a local dealer (import) who consistently received top awards and recognition in things like customer satisfaction and service quality. While commendable, this didn't really seem to matter to people who were out shopping. To paraphrase the old real estate saw, it's all about "Price, Price, Price".

I will say that we did a lot of repeat business as a result of our high standards, but we also lost a fair amount of business over pricing.

Too bad, really, but I think the internet has made car shopping operate on a different paradigm that, say 10 years ago.

I sure hope good people like Rick don't become obsolete.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:45 PM
ProfMoriarty
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a foul for competitors to crap IN the other guy's thread, but I don't see anything wrong with starting a separate thread.

But, let's face it, most of the "what do you think" threads started by sales personnel, vendors etc, are simply designed to remain at the top of page one for advertising value by virtue of their inquiring nature.

Unless a competitior is openly critizing the wares of another, sales tactics, including this thread, are simply part of the game.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:46 PM
0Rick @ Les Stanford
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '06

This has nothing to do with price and again I dont mind the comp. at all. In fact I have always been very compeitive with the national market. It is again all about professionalism and how you take your product to market. Some folks just need to brush up on this subject.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:48 PM
los7883
Melting Slicks

Rick dont let that other "one" get under your skin. When I went out to purchase my 08 i contacted both of you, you answered my emails/calls he didn't. I am 10000% satisfied with your service, let IT do the talking for you...I agree that $8001 off crap is childish...hopefully he'll get the hint if not we can beat him to death with a waterhose if you want...
Old 09-11-2007, 05:50 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

That's the automobile business. We're all looking for a the best deal, both buyer and seller, and you can't blame either. The free market.

Get notified of new replies

To Trying very hard to take the high road….

Old 09-11-2007, 05:52 PM
FUTURESTRADER
Pro

Originally Posted by ohmy
I don't really see a problem....

Maybe I'm not aware of all that is involved here, but the last example of the thread competition I remember is:

And frankly, thats pretty darn good competion and an amuzing thread pattern.

So, if the example above is what you are upset about (do correct me if I'm wrong), I would agree with another user who posted in this thread, that you should stop whinning!!! Sorry R, no sympathy from me, and my biz would go to Rick2 (yes, a buck is a buck).... but with that said, you can always do the following to become my best friend again:

Rick1: Z06 $8002 under MSRP
I have to agree. I'll admit I'm not aware of everything going on, if the other "Rick" is posting in your thread then that is uncalled for and unprofessional on a community forum such as this.

I will say this, I am in Advertising/Marketing myself and he does think "outside the box". Whenever someone here needs a picture of a color, wheels, interior shot, whatever, he is right on it. No one is going to go with another dealer for one buck, I find it amusing. I will be ordering my 2008 C6 in January and I will be contacting the both of you. I'm leaning towards YOU because I am in Michigan myself, although I am completely on the other side of the state, probably the same distance as the "other Rick".

Competition is not only good for the forum members but also for the both of you. It will make YOU think "outside the box", not only here but in your Local area also.

Coca-Cola competes with Pepsi, McDonalds vs Wendys, Lexus vs Mercedes, Britney vs Lindsey vs Paris, etc...

I'll be calling you in January, but not if you continue to whine.

Let me give you a big heads up Rick. Price is NOT the only reason people BUY.

Offer so much VALUE, that a client has NO other choice but to go with you.

Starbucks charges $4.00 vs McDonalds/Dunkin Donuts @ $1.00 which actually taste better. Starbucks creates an Environment and a great cupholder that makes people keep coming back. I just read a 50 page document of why people buy from Starbucks, the taste of the coffee was ranked 8th.

Lexus doesn't Discount, yet they sell every car before it hits the floor. Ever been to a Lexus dealership, the Service is outstanding, treat you like a KING. People can't wait to overpay, LOL!

Create VALUE, sometimes it can be Free.

I predict both of you will make each other even richer and everyone will benefit.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Indy-hp
Le Mans Master

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I've noticed it too, Rick, and I agree that these things have a way of backfiring. Continue to take the high road. You are well thought of here for that very reason.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:17 PM
GulfCoastVettes
Pro

I dont mind competition but it appears that someone is trying to crap on my parade only and it is getting very childish.
Well dude you should try being in the vette accessories business. You think you got it tough selling cars. Everybody and his brother is in the aftermarket business. Thankfully most of the forum vendors are nice and we all get along. May be you and your buddy should just bury the hatchet and get along. GEEZ

Quick Reply: Trying very hard to take the high road….