C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Console Lid Cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 08:08 AM
weathermaker
Safety Car

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Looks great! Is it from Mid-America? Do I win the prize?
Old 07-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Atomic Orange
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Last time I mentioned a vendor on this forum I was informed I may have violated Forum rules. Tha's why I didn't reveal on my post where it came from.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:44 AM
ZPirate
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like the Mid America console cover to me. I had one, now I have one from Vette Essentials.

Old 07-22-2007, 02:40 PM
saz25
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why is the Vette Essential item so much more expensive than the Mid-America item ? $99 vs $230.

Steve
Old 07-22-2007, 02:45 PM
ZPirate
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by saz25
Why is the Vette Essential item so much more expensive than the Mid-America item ? $99 vs $230.

Steve
Two reasons.

1. Its the entire console. There is a core charge for your old console, but all you have to do is install the new console.
2. The leather is much nicer.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:47 PM
AP
Team Owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Atomic Orange
Pro

I'm not a tanner nor do I pretend to be one, but how do you grade the quality of leather? The leather that was used with the cover I bought is about as smooth as that on the original seat covers. I can't detect a difference. Even the dye which is probably more critical than anything else is a perfect match with the Cashmere and Ebony colors.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:13 PM
saz25
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Two reasons.

1. Its the entire console. There is a core charge for your old console, but all you have to do is install the new console.
2. The leather is much nicer.
You're right; the core charge. I almost missed that. So they are virtually the same price, since you return your old lid and they give you $140 back.

From the pictures, its hard to tell which one looks or feels better. I guess I'll think about and look closely at the pictures. I definitely want one of them.

Thanks to this great forum.
Steve
Old 07-22-2007, 09:06 PM
ZPirate
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Atomic Orange
I'm not a tanner nor do I pretend to be one, but how do you grade the quality of leather? The leather that was used with the cover I bought is about as smooth as that on the original seat covers. I can't detect a difference. Even the dye which is probably more critical than anything else is a perfect match with the Cashmere and Ebony colors.
Its easy by looking at it and feeling it. I have had both the Mid America console cover and the Vette Essentials console so I have had the opportunity to see them side by side and compare them. When you put the two together and look at them and feel them there is no comparison in terms of the quality of the leather and the stitching. One would expect that though since leather goods is what Vette Essentials does.

There was nothing wrong with the Mid America console I had. The leather was decent and the colors were exact matches. However, I added some other Vette Essentials pieces and I wanted them to match exactly. Therefore I ordered the Vette Essentials console.

Last edited by ZPirate; 07-23-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:25 PM
ZPirate
Melting Slicks

You're right; the core charge. I almost missed that. So they are virtually the same price, since you return your old lid and they give you $140 back.

From the pictures, its hard to tell which one looks or feels better. I guess I'll think about and look closely at the pictures. I definitely want one of them.

Thanks to this great forum.
Steve
Steve,

No contest the Vette Essentials console is nicer than the Mid America one. I can say that because I have had both and actually had them side by side for comparison when I received my Vette Essentials console. The leather on the Vette Essentials console is thicker and softer than the Mid America console cover. The Mid America console cover almost has a vinyl feel to it and has thicker but less dense padding under it as compared to the Vette Essentials console. The colors on both are spot on though.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:01 PM
User 020720
Race Director

Originally Posted by ZPirate
Steve,

No contest the Vette Essentials console is nicer than the Mid America one. I can say that because I have had both and actually had them side by side for comparison when I received my Vette Essentials console. The leather on the Vette Essentials console is thicker and softer than the Mid America console cover. The Mid America console cover almost has a vinyl feel to it and has thicker but less dense padding under it as compared to the Vette Essentials console. The colors on both are spot on though.
That's because the sides of the Mid-America console cover are vinyl.

Only the top is leather, but this is also exactly how the seats are.

Didn't bother me though, I think it looks great.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:10 PM
Atomic Orange
Pro

Thanks for your explanation. Thanks for introducing me to Vette Essentials. Nice products. Had I not gotten the factory two tone interior I definitely would be doing business with Vette Essentials too.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:22 PM
JBains
Intermediate

That is sweet looking. I've got titanium and black and want one. PM me the details.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:33 PM
STEVE MC
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is crazy, I was just researching these items today;2-tone Lid cover, E-Brake Boot, E-Brake Handle and Shift Boot. I looked at Vette Essentials and D.S. Vettes. I think both are of good quality but I am leaning towards D.S. Vettes, heard lot's of good things about thier products and customer service. I'm going to call tomorrow for price and delivery since their web site is still under construction.

Great thread guys, as usaual lot's of good info.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:01 AM
gota07
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

I can personally recommend Vette Essentials for both their quality of products and for excellent customer service. Jeff and Sandy kept me well informed of the progress every step of the way, sent me sample leather swaths to help me chose which type of leather I wanted, and were very nice people to work with.

Pics included in this thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1721274
Old 07-23-2007, 07:19 AM
DiverDown
Racer

I have my DS vettes lid on the way should be here this week. Gonna be an exact match to the OP.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:25 AM
saz25
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Hi,
Is the Vette Essentials lib thicker/higher than the original stock GM lid? It looks much thicker in the pictures I've seen. Any problems with the thickness? Just curious. Looks great though.
thanks,
Steve

Get notified of new replies

To New Console Lid Cover

Old 07-23-2007, 08:53 AM
ZPirate
Melting Slicks

Hi,
Is the Vette Essentials lib thicker/higher than the original stock GM lid? It looks much thicker in the pictures I've seen. Any problems with the thickness? Just curious. Looks great though.
thanks,
Steve
Yes the Vette Essentials console is thicker and much softer on your elbow than the stock lid. It is very comfortable without being too thick or too soft.

The VE console is not as thick as the Mid America cover, but the padding under the VE cover is more dense than the Mid America console cover. To me the Mid America cover was a little too soft. I felt like my elbow was sinking into it.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:57 AM
JCGRCYA
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '06

That looks great. That is exactly what I want to do with my interior and your pics just bumped it up on my mod priority list.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:01 AM
mutau95
Pro

Looks very nice. It compliments your interior perfectly.

Quick Reply: New Console Lid Cover