C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Trip - Seattle to Denver and Yellowstone - long post - 5 min you won't get back

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 11:59 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Those were amazing photos Vet! I'm definitely going to have to work on my camera skills some more!

That trip in the Vette sounds like a lot of fun. I think we'll plan another road trip for next year. Definitely a trip through the mountains is in order... and getting away from everything (no cell reception in Yellowstone - that was GREAT!) is really wonderful.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Vet
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by WAwatchnut
Those were amazing photos Vet! I'm definitely going to have to work on my camera skills some more!
That trip in the Vette sounds like a lot of fun. I think we'll plan another road trip for next year. Definitely a trip through the mountains is in order... and getting away from everything (no cell reception in Yellowstone - that was GREAT!) is really wonderful.
Thanks WAwatchnut!

I greatly enjoyed your photos as well. Excellent!

Glad you had a great trip! Sure is nice out there, ain't it!

I'm glad to see others enjoying their Vettes out on these amazing roads! Thanks for sharing your experiences and excellent photos!

To me, this is what the Corvette is all about... seeing (carving ) the USA in your Chevrolet... perhaps the ultimate feeling of freedom... and ultimate display of natural scenic beauty... you not only see it, you're IN it... actually, you're not only IN it, but you're burning THROUGH it... with 400 horses at the reigns. It doesn't get any better.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:17 AM
AutoCutter
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My life is 5 minutes richer! Thanks!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:31 AM
JCGRCYA
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:14 PM
redrokit8
Racer

Thanks
Old 08-06-2007, 12:28 PM
aero400
Instructor

Nice
Old 08-06-2007, 12:46 PM
kawal
Emerging Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I enjoyed your thread, also because in about two weeks we will be in the same area. We live on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington and we plan a trip through Yellowstone, Denver, then Chicago. Then it's off to Wixom, MI where they build the LS7 engines, then Bowling Green. Finally, down to Dallas, Houston, Corpus Christi, Arizona, California, and back up the Oregon Coast. That should be quite a few thousand miles.

A question for you though: where were those cabins near Cody, Wyoming? They look nice.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:29 PM
carpe dm
Le Mans Master

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Great pix. This is a trip I hope to take too.... but will have to wait for next year.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:41 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by kawal
I enjoyed your thread, also because in about two weeks we will be in the same area. We live on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington and we plan a trip through Yellowstone, Denver, then Chicago. Then it's off to Wixom, MI where they build the LS7 engines, then Bowling Green. Finally, down to Dallas, Houston, Corpus Christi, Arizona, California, and back up the Oregon Coast. That should be quite a few thousand miles.

A question for you though: where were those cabins near Cody, Wyoming? They look nice.
That sounds like a fun trip Ray! It's kind of scary to put that all into Mapquest and have the final mileage number pop out at you! But the miles seem to fly buy in the Vette! PM sent on the cabin info (Elephant Head Ranch).
Old 08-06-2007, 03:45 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by carpe dm
Great pix. This is a trip I hope to take too.... but will have to wait for next year.
Thanks! The one problem with buying the Vette is that our travel plans were always pretty booked - Family in CA, Hawaii, and Singapore (and Boston in a couple of weeks), combined with work trips (hey- if I have to fly to London for a 1 day meeting anyway, might as well make a vacation out of it!), combined with regularly planned vacations (Vegas Baby! ). And now, trying to fit Road Trips in too!

Oh well... it's a pretty nice problem to have! Now if I can only figure out how to get more vacation time!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:04 PM
rakuhn
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like it was a great time.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:21 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by kawal
I enjoyed your thread, also because in about two weeks we will be in the same area.

BTW - Did you see post #18 in this thread? NewC5Shopper was headed to Cody/Yellowstone in late August too! That may be a busy place for Vettes in a couple of weeks!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:28 PM
kawal
Emerging Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by WAwatchnut
BTW - Did you see post #18 in this thread? NewC5Shopper was headed to Cody/Yellowstone in late August too! That may be a busy place for Vettes in a couple of weeks!
We'll try the cabins if we can. They look nice.

We'll probably be through that area around August 24-26.

It's always fun to see other Vette owners.

Thanks for the photos too.

Ray

Quick Reply: Road Trip - Seattle to Denver and Yellowstone - long post - 5 min you won't get back