C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much did you really like your dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

No, I've bought 7 vehicles from my dealer in the last 3 years. I insisted he take off or leave off the ads in any shape, form, or fashion.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:41 PM
chirocorvette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfMoriarty
I bought my car from Dave S. at Kerbeck and it was a great experience. He definitely has my repeat business.

That said, no way would I have any dealer ID on this or any other vehicle I own.

My best friend of 27 years is an internist, but I don't walk around with a T shirt advertising his practice.
I walk around all the time with golf shirts advertising my practice.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmybobby
Only if they pay me a monthly fee for advertising.

I ordered my car through a broker. Instead of getting the car through a dealer in another city or state...he got it through the commercial/fleet division of a large, local dealership. My car never made it to the main dealership for their usual prep. If they would have badged the car in any way it wouldn't have lasted long. I hate when dealers affix their name to the car in any way.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:44 PM
MikeyTX
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,186 Likes on 1,337 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15- '16-'17-‘18-‘19-'20-'21
NCM Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by vettematic
My dealer actually gave me a nice license frame without any dealer advertising. It is chrome with correct font of the word "Corvette" and still in use today.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:09 AM
atomic orange vert
Instructor

Proud to have my dealer's frame on the car. Great looking frame and a first class operation. There are dealers in the area that sell a lot more Corvettes, but they will never get my business.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:15 AM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,589 Likes on 1,626 Posts

Originally Posted by sabooher
I left the dealer frame on a few weeks but only because it protected the paper temporary tag. The minute the real tag came in the dealer frame came off. Never once on any car have I let a dealer stick their name on it. What really bugs me is when they decal their name.

I was picking up some parts at Jupiter Chevrolet in Dallas the other day and they put this nice big emblem in the middle of the trunk above the diffuser. What an eyesore!
And your response?
Old 07-19-2007, 09:17 AM
fright88
Safety Car

No plate but there is still a bachman sticker on the bumper. I am afraid of removing it since I don't know how to without leacing glue and other crap on the paint.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:19 AM
Old Coot
Racer

I also have my dealers frame on my car and truck. I've bought 37 new cars in my time and he is the most honest I've ever dealt with.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:26 AM
rjr2007
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
No dealer plate frame, no dealer stickers or logos of any kind.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:27 AM
redrokit8
Racer

If Chuck Cow, Corvettes of Westchester , had Plate Frames, I would proudly display them out of my complete satisfaction with his advice and work.

I actually have a very good relationship with my dealer, Konner Chevrolet in West Caldwell NJ. Old fashioned ,straight forward local business. Sales Rep handles the whole process and I like that. I'm pretty sure I could do "a little better" elsewhere but I want them to succeed because of the relationship I have with their personnel. With me personally it's not always the very bottom line but the overall experience. I guess I'm that way because I make my living on commission sales and repeat business.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:44 AM
MNVette
Melting Slicks

I'm of two minds about my dealer.

First, he was certainly respectful, courteous, and pleasant. A nice guy. I told him that I wasn't there to play games and that I knew what the sticker was (duh!), what the invoice was, and what his holdbacks probably were. I told him that I wasn't there to screw him out of a decent profit, but I wasn't going to play games with the whole, "I'll have to ask my manager about that." We came to a fair deal.

Then, the bottom kind of fell out. At delivery, I discovered that the car was still covered in the adhesive that came off the shrink wrap used in transport. He didn't know how to program the initial setup on the nav. He didn't know were basic things were in the engine or the basic controls. Not very knowledgable at all.

On the plus side, though, I threatened him with death if he put ANY frames, paper license plate ads, or stickers on my car. To his credit, none were on the car at delivery, and this dealer has a thing about putting dealer stickers on the front fenders of their cars (both sides!).
Old 07-19-2007, 10:07 AM
The Clevite Kid
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 45 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'17,'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I believe our support for our Forum Dealers (like the GREAT Tommy Jr. at MacMulkin) by our postings here is much more influential in selling Corvettes than some tacky piece of plastic on the back of the car would be.

I bought my car from Tommy Jr. only because of the great praise he has received here. Never saw a MacMulkin license plate frame on a Corvette anywhere in Florida (or elsewhere, for that matter).

Sticking unwanted dealer advertising on a vehicle WE paid for is a .
Old 07-19-2007, 10:07 AM
relaxitsonlylife
Racer

It's not like those stickers and license plate frames really sell cars. You guys telling everyone "go see this salesperson at such and such dealer, he's awesome" is WAY better advertising.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:16 AM
cspnboy
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Bought from Kerbeck and display it with no regrets. It's a nice plate frame anyway. They did well by me, I'm happy to do something in return. It's all part of good business practice.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Les-10
Bow-Tie Guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 07-19-2007, 10:34 AM
a_drogan
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Obviously the dealer made a couple of bucks on the sale. Every business pays to advertise; if the dealer wants me to advertise his name, then pay me and I would gladly use his frame.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:37 AM
NOVAVETTE
Burning Brakes

Nothing on the car denoting the dealership.
However, if somone were to ask where I purchased it, I'd give them the name and strong recommendation to go there if they were in the market.

Get notified of new replies

To How much did you really like your dealer?

Old 07-19-2007, 11:09 AM
0Chuck CoW
Former Vendor

Received 243 Likes on 183 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'12-'13-'14

Default Thank you kind sir!

Originally Posted by redrokit8
If Chuck Cow, Corvettes of Westchester , had Plate Frames, I would proudly display them out of my complete satisfaction with his advice and work.

I actually have a very good relationship with my dealer, Konner Chevrolet in West Caldwell NJ. Old fashioned ,straight forward local business. Sales Rep handles the whole process and I like that. I'm pretty sure I could do "a little better" elsewhere but I want them to succeed because of the relationship I have with their personnel. With me personally it's not always the very bottom line but the overall experience. I guess I'm that way because I make my living on commission sales and repeat business.
Thank you kind sir! And VERY SOON you shall have one! It's in the works right now!

STAY TUNED!
Chuck CoW
Old 07-19-2007, 11:21 AM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My dealer was Bob Stall Chevrolet in La Mesa. It was by far the best (and most expensive) new car-buying experience I have had, and I've had many. More importantly, Bob Stall sponsors the Corvette Owners Club of San Diego, and I have already enjoyed two memorable outings with COCSD. It's a great dealership, #1 in San Diego by far for Corvette sales.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:58 AM
FlyArmy
Instructor

even if i liked my dealer i wouldn't.

Quick Reply: How much did you really like your dealer?