C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Museum Delivery 7/20/07 -- Need Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Patsfan67
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Museum Delivery 7/20/07 -- Need Opinions

Well I am down to 2 weeks from today, the time has gone by so slow. On Friday July 20,2007 @ 7:45 AM I will pick up my Victory Red Z06. I have the airfare,hotel and rental all booked. I am taking my 11 year old son and we are leaving on Thursday the 19th in the morning so we dont have to rush. I have a few questions if anyone could help out it would be most appreciated.

1) When I get there on Thursday will I be able to go to the museum and see the car or do I have to wait until Friday?

2) The reason I chose Friday was that we would be able to take our time going back to South Florida. Is there any sites on the way back that you think my son might like? It is going to be a 14 hour or so drive home but I want to make sure he enjoys himself.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:19 AM
lovecars
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Call the Museum to see if you will be able to see the car, that will depend on deliveries on that day.

2. you can stop to see the largest ball of twine in the world... or you the largest rubber band ball in the world...

Just kidding... your son will be so stocked in the new car that he will not need any otehr entertainment....
Old 07-07-2007, 05:53 AM
gota07
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Since you have the early time slot, then your Vette will definitely be on delivery row on Thursday afternoon.

Do a route through Huntsville, Alabama, then NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center might be a cool stop to make. It's almost due south of Bowling Green. Almost did that myself last summer.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/marshall/home/index.html
Old 07-07-2007, 06:51 AM
jrda
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've made this trip twice, once with my son and once with my daughter. Mammoth Cave is nearby and we took one of the tours. On the way back to Florida we made stops at Cades Cove in the Smokey Mountains, Biltmore Estates in Asheville and did the tourist thing in St. Augustine. Before picking up the cars we went to the "Grand Ole Opry" and Lynchburg, TN, to see the Jack Daniels Distillery. The first time I was able to see my car the night before I picked it up. The second time I did not see it until delivery time.

Both trips were great fun and the kids thoroughly enjoyed them. I will be doing it again soon, 2008 is on order.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:49 AM
Silver99v6
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You will be coming through my town, so you should deffinately visit my house, and give me a ride. Afterword I could show you some really fun backroads.

You should deffinately visit the Space center in Huntsville, and if you like country music visit the country music hall of fame.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:56 AM
6spdC6
Team Owner

Location: Northern NYs Adirondack Mountains,http://www.visitsacandaga.com.
Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

I saw my car the day before delivery.
The staff was very nice and I even got to go behind the rope to see it close up. Then went out for dinner and a long night before we could go back to the NCM and make the pick up.

We went North so our stops would be different than yours. Took our time played turist and took 3 days of top down driving to make it back to upper NY state.

Get notified of new replies

To Museum Delivery 7/20/07 -- Need Opinions

Quick Reply: Museum Delivery 7/20/07 -- Need Opinions