C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What about readar detector volume?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 10:56 AM
Vette66AirCoupe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What about readar detector volume?

I've searched quite a few threads trying to find comments about radar detector volume. I have an older SOLO and with the top down and sunglasses on the lights are just not nocticeable even though I have the detector mounted just left of the rearview mirror. Worse, top down, radio at a level where I can hear it at speed it's barely audible at full volume. It's kind of disheartening to actually see the radar set up before realizing, oh yeah, the lights and audible alerts are all "screaming" at me. I really like the SOLO with the top up but is there anything else cordless out there that has a little more volume?
Old 07-04-2007, 11:20 AM
V4Vette
Racer

I have a V1 and the volume is plenty loud even with the top down. According to V1 cordless radar detectors are not very good because they are never on at full power = reduced sensitivity. Probably explains why volume isn't great. It would only drain batteries faster.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:42 AM
RadarP3C
Race Director

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by V4Vette
I have a V1 and the volume is plenty loud even with the top down. According to V1 cordless radar detectors are not very good because they are never on at full power = reduced sensitivity. Probably explains why volume isn't great. It would only drain batteries faster.

Even when top off, I can still hear the V1 with the volume set about two thirds max with no problem.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:58 PM
boardroomjimmy
Racer

I've got the same complaint, solo II right up by the rearview, can't hear over the stereo. It would be nice if it could send warnings through stereo via bluetooth or something....

Get notified of new replies

To What about readar detector volume?

Quick Reply: What about readar detector volume?