C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Service....

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Hairball
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Service....

I brought my car in this morning to have 2 things done.I needed to get the front end alignment done and change the fluid in the rearend.I made an appointment last Thursday.I didn't buy the car at this Dealership thats why I made the appointment,now they call and say that they did do the front end alignment but they will have to do the TSB on the rearend in the morning and I could leave my car overnight. How long does it take for a alignment????Unbelievable,I am going to pick the car up and make sure the alignment was done and bring back in the morning,What a waste of a day......
Old 06-28-2007, 05:50 PM
1yy07vette
Burning Brakes

mine took 1 to 1 1/2 hour , 4 wheel of course.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:07 PM
4CEE
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

My scheduled appointments have worked, 1 to 1.5 hours on the alignment also. Perhaps another project took longer causing the delay on the differential fluid service. You might as well check for rocker panel damage while you're checking it out this evening. Damage can occur when driven up on the alignment machine due to the low profile of the car and angle of ascent. The dealer probably has lifting pucks, but you might want to confirm before the dif service is performed.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Hairball
Melting Slicks

Picked up the car today after service advisor called to say it was ready. When I get there, I'm told that the alignment isn't done, because the tire is out of balance, and it is defective. They need to order a new tire in order to complete the alignment, and it will take at least a week to get the tire in. Just went out to look under the car, and there are no scratches or indications that it was ever put on the alignment machine. What a joke

Also had to clean tree sap off the car because they had it parked under a tree today
Old 06-28-2007, 07:04 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 60 Likes on 49 Posts

Can't align the car due to a tire needs to be balanced. Interesting. The good news is you are getting a new tire.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:06 PM
6 speed Sid
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alignment and balance are not related, sounds funny to me.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:07 PM
4CEE
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

If the tire is out of balance/defective it may have uneven wear and cause a slight pull. I’d rather have the alignment performed on the skins I’ll be driving on. Finding the issue of a defective tire and taking care of it under warranty is good customer service. Hairball, excuse me, Ms Hairball, what kind of indication were you expecting to see to confirm your vehicle was put on the alignment machine. No indication is the best kind. If you’re curious, ask them. Being concerned is understandable, but not paranoid.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:36 PM
1yy07vette
Burning Brakes

What dealership / state ?
Old 06-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Jimbeaux
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mag Red Hairball
I brought my car in this morning to have 2 things done.I needed to get the front end alignment done and change the fluid in the rearend.I made an appointment last Thursday.I didn't buy the car at this Dealership thats why I made the appointment,now they call and say that they did do the front end alignment but they will have to do the TSB on the rearend in the morning and I could leave my car overnight. How long does it take for a alignment????Unbelievable,I am going to pick the car up and make sure the alignment was done and bring back in the morning,What a waste of a day......
You're wasting your time. Just take the beast to another dealer and share this thread with the brain dead dealer that fed you this B.S.
What is the name of the dealer and location please... do you have a phone number for them?... I asked because once you provide, that information will be propogated on the web...

Last edited by Jimbeaux; 06-28-2007 at 10:44 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:02 PM
1yy07vette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jimbeaux
You're wasting your time. Just take the beast to another dealer and share this thread with the brain dead dealer that fed you this B.S.
What is the name of the dealer and location please... do you have a phone number for them?... I asked because once you provide, that information will be propogated on the web...
Old 06-29-2007, 10:09 AM
JFTaylor
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Colonial Chev in Norfolk, VA has been nothing short of a 10 rating.

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer Service....

Quick Reply: Dealer Service....