C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When your depressed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 07:54 AM
6 speed Sid
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's nothing like a drive in the country, especially in nice weather to perk up the spirits. There are plenty of opportunities for someone that wants to work hard, do good work, and be supportive of the organization. Best of luck.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:58 AM
06.Z51.MontRed.Vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Eastern PA:ECS Paxton Novi 1500(676rwhp,585tq on stock engine),LG headers, 410's, Corsa Sports, ECS Alky Kit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by BickyDhadwal
Yes the boss ended up being a jackass even thou he was one of the nicest guys for the longest time ...actually just till a couple of weeks ago he was an awesome guy..i don't know what got into him...(maybe the fact that he was starting to do well now) thought he didn't have to be nice anymore...however everyone else at that place was great...

:
So the guy was a great guy up until the last couple of weeks and you quit??? Maybe he was going through a tough time, something bad at work, personal life etc? As a business owner I would hate if my good people quit if I was "off" for a couple of weeks. It happens to a lot of people. I hope you made the right choice, seems like you may have left a good place to work.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:08 AM
JFijolek
Pro

Old 04-10-2007, 11:15 AM
Low12s
Team Owner

Location: Life isn't about waiting for the Storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the Rain.
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Good Luck Man!
Old 04-10-2007, 12:42 PM
jpeardm
Racer

"I never knew change could be sooo difficult!!!!!!!!!!" BickyDhadwal

It's difficult for a reason, it'll make you stronger next time. Good Luck.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:08 PM
boz524
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not just the car but vette related stuff also helps me relax. This is why a take a few mintues to look at the forum over lunch. Just being at a Corvette show on a Saturday and talking with others who are passionate about vettes make a weekend more enjoyable.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Noggles
Team Owner

Location: Adventure, excitement ... a Jedi craves not these things.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Old 04-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Gene Gorman
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is the best cure for depression.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:30 PM
The Clevite Kid
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 45 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'17,'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Good luck selecting the right next job for YOU !!
Old 04-11-2007, 07:36 PM
antoniopaolo
Drifting

Originally Posted by aaaaa
Yes. When I'm feeling down a long drive in the vette lifts my spirits. Hang in there-all of life is change-when the changes stop-your dead.
Well said. Remember to stay as positive as you can under the circumstances. You will be fine.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,501 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Good luck in finding your next position. And yes, the car does work as an anti-depressant for me, or conversely, if I don't drive it a certain day, it brings me down.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:59 PM
ambervette
Instructor

Default Anti-depressant

There Is No Replacing The Feeling I Get When I Take The Top Off And Just Drive. I Do This At Least Once A Week. Most The Time Alone. I Just Love The Listen To Good Music And Cruise And Feel The Warm Sun Hit My Skin. I Love My Vette So Much! It Is By Far The Best Therapy.

Amber
Old 04-11-2007, 08:02 PM
last901
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 88 Likes on 77 Posts

Default Good For You!

Originally Posted by BickyDhadwal
Hey everyone!! Well...lets cut a long story short...I QUIT MY JOB TODAY
Ah, ha! A person after my own heart. I, too, have quit my job in the car business - several times. It's not like leaving the CEO position at a major corporation and will never make headlines. You're going to be okay. Sounds like you're still young too - not to mention having some redeeming qualities as evidenced by your promotions.

Let me preface my comments by telling you my own sales experience has been mostly with imported marques, like Ferrari, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, but since some of these stores were "dualed" with Pontiac, Nissan, etc.. I have experience with more than just exotics.

To my mind, the car business is no more a place for an enthusiast than it is the appliance department at, say, Sears. No offense intended here, but most people coming in to look at new cars are very defensive, well-versed in product knowledge (by way of the internet) and wary of getting screwed. A salesperson's enthusiam for their product helps, but counts for very little when customers are shopping for the best deal.(read price). Many want an appliance, not a personal statement.

I do not know the circumstances of your departure, but be assured, you've just quit a job, not a career. If you really enjoy the car business, there are no shortage of opportunities, but, with some exceptions, the job sucks. You just need to find the right place to work.

A job change should not be difficult. A career change may be a little tougher. It's going to be difficult, for example, to become the Professor of Indigenous studies at Simon Fraser or UBC with only a resume based on your experience selling cars. Still, be proud and don't let that be a deterrent.

If you're anything like me, accept the fact that being a car enthusiast doesn't mean you have to lower your standards of ethics or behave like a snake oil peddler. In the long run, that doesn't pay off.

You'll be just fine. I sense that. Just don't let this get you down. After all, you said you quit and were not fired.

Take some time off and go enjoy yourself. I have a feeling, given your record, you'll be getting more phone calls than you'll be making.

BTW, if you really get depressed over this, get some help, don't go drive your Corvette. The temptation - not to mention the means - are far too accessible.

Happy job hunting. Be sure to let us all know how you make out. Don't be afraid to take the nice weather off. I live in nearby Seattle so understand that the nice weather will not last as long as your unemployment insurance.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:09 PM
bonesbr549
Instructor

I hear Jonny Paycheck singing in the distance!!!

Quick Reply: When your depressed!