C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*NEW* Apsis C6 Mud Flap (Z06 Style) Now Available

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 01:50 PM
EuroRod
Race Director

Received 168 Likes on 66 Posts

Two ideas:
1. Make them to look like the Z06 parts.
2. Cut price by 75%.

Then, I would be a player.
Tooling up for these type pieces, with today's CAD/CNC equipment, isn't THAT expensive! Honestly don't think you'll be selling many sets without 1 & 2.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Sven
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Old 04-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Dan C4-C6
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

I was going to buy a pair before I seen the price. Sorry, but they are too much money!
Old 04-08-2007, 01:57 PM
apsisusa
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 608 Likes on 410 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by C6Brian
Look man, you are the last person that needs to have an attitude. You came here trying to sell your product and the general consensus is that they are way too much...not a little too much but way inflated for what they are. I could care less what your cost is or what extra overhead you have because of licenses. You just need to decide if what you are making is worth the cost and will people buy it...and your answers are in this post. If you are marking these things up like crazy, then lower your prices and you will sell more. Otherwise, you may sell a few at your crazy inflated prices but you would make way more money selling high volume with a lower profit. And leave the attitude at the door, a salesman should be my best FRIEND!

Dear C6Brian,

Can you tone down a little? I have absolutely no attitude and I don't know what attitude that you are complaining. We don't come to Forum to debate with you the prices. If you don't like our product or don't like our prices, then please just leave us alone.

We have expensive mold cost to share and we know our cost. We don't come here to rip you off. Many Apsis' customers know for our product once you see in person and you will appreciate our effort.

I am sorry our price shocks you. But we don't come here to debate with you. Business is Demand and Supply. Natually some customers will go with us and pay the price but some won't.

Can we be with peace?
Old 04-08-2007, 02:09 PM
HPVA
Racer

:
Originally Posted by EuroRod
Two ideas:
1. Make them to look like the Z06 parts.
2. Cut price by 75%.

Then, I would be a player.
Tooling up for these type pieces, with today's CAD/CNC equipment, isn't THAT expensive! Honestly don't think you'll be selling many sets without 1 & 2.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:11 PM
User 020720
Race Director

I like the look, a little bulky but not too bad. Would be nice if they were a little less noticeable. But the price is too high for what they do.

However, people will drop around $200 for floor mats to protect carpet. Some even spend more to put clear mats over their floor mats. Maybe if the price was knocked down to around $250 it would be more reasonable.

I just can't warrant spending that kind of money for....mudguards. One other point. I read a post about painting them to match. Why would you want to paint something designed to take abuse from debris?

Guess I better get to saving my $.02 if I want to afford these.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:16 PM
mwvettec5
Burning Brakes

GOOD IDEA - I've been looking for some "mudlfaps"

GOOD LOOKING PRODUCT- I'd like to have some on my car

OUTRAGEOUS PRICE - no way I can even consider buying them (and I've thrown a lot of $$$ at a lot of "stuff" !!!)

Sorry !!!
Old 04-08-2007, 02:18 PM
C6Brian
Racer

I like your product and think its badass, but that price is way and I mean way too high for me...and by the other replies here for other members as well. I would buy them in a heartbeat if they were affordable. I already told you what was affordable in my eyes and so did other members. If you want to sell these things like hotcakes, lower the price. If not, then market them to lambo or ferrari owners and I bet you they will say the same thing.

Peace you can have, my business...well thats another story.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:33 PM
knkali
Melting Slicks

I should have read it closer. $500 is too much. Glad someone showed the comp btw Z06 and these. Yes too bulky too
Old 04-08-2007, 02:50 PM
apsisusa
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 608 Likes on 410 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by shortski

Compare these two pictures the top is the Apis the bottom an original Z06 modified to fit the C6. The Apis looks too thick and clunky stands out from the fender too far in my opinion, plus $500 for a complete set they gotta be , but if they cut the profile down and cut the price to $175 a set each front and back or $300 for both then I would consider.
Dear Shortski,

I think if you compare to Z06 Mud Flap mounting on Z06, yours rear mud flaps installed are lower than the Z06 because you had twisted the upper skinny side.

We have laminated the carbon fiber onto the Z06 mud flaps and they are not much the difference between our finished Z06 carbon parts vs our C6 parts.

The rear mud flaps on Z06 car should be more noticeable than yours. (I don't have parts on hand to check it now, but from my memory that may be the case or maybe I am wrong).
Old 04-08-2007, 02:57 PM
07c6vette
Drifting

Dude, great product but are you out of your mind for that price?? I doubt that I will be purchasing anything plastic for that ammount of cash. Again nice prduct, but you need to rethink your prices. If thats just for the raw plastic ones, how much are the CF ones....$1000??? Goodluck. I would pay $100 for a set of two, but even thats pushing it.

Common now, don't be too greedy. $250 for a pair?
Old 04-08-2007, 03:00 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,589 Likes on 1,626 Posts

I like your product and think its badass, but that price is way and I mean way too high for me...and by the other replies here for other members as well. I would buy them in a heartbeat if they were affordable. I already told you what was affordable in my eyes and so did other members. If you want to sell these things like hotcakes, lower the price. If not, then market them to lambo or ferrari owners and I bet you they will say the same thing.

Peace you can have, my business...well thats another story.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:10 PM
pit-pony
Burning Brakes

I concur that it's too much money. I would be surprised if the product would be a success at this price point. I'd say $250 for all four would probably be acceptable if they can be produced and sold at a profit at that price.

..jack

Last edited by pit-pony; 04-08-2007 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:12 PM
shaan
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 17 Posts

Old 04-08-2007, 03:21 PM
lexaudio
Melting Slicks

They really don't look like the Z06 ones. The Z06 doesn't stand out that much.

And I'll have to say the same thing.

The price is outragous.

You may sell few if you are lucky, but I'd say people would opt for the Pipedreams ones, make their own or put the money toward a new exhaust.

LEX
Old 04-08-2007, 03:34 PM
cthusker
Le Mans Master

Received 91 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by McClendons
$250 for four is still high.....but I might consider that. $500 is a no way
... The vette tax is alive and well and increasing all the time! Way to pricey for me but a nice product....
Old 04-08-2007, 03:36 PM
k0bun
Melting Slicks

Location: NJ..."the way I saw it, everyone takes a beating sometimes."

Originally Posted by apsisusa
Business is Demand and Supply.
True, however no matter what the demand is, the supplier has to provide their goods/service at a price the customer is willing to pay. No matter how much someone needs/wants something. If they can't justify the expense vs. the gain then it wont sell. I wish you luck, I think you're going to need it.

Get notified of new replies

To *NEW* Apsis C6 Mud Flap (Z06 Style) Now Available

Old 04-08-2007, 03:41 PM
RBYCC
Drifting

Originally Posted by apsisusa
Dear Shortski,

I think if you compare to Z06 Mud Flap mounting on Z06, yours rear mud flaps installed are lower than the Z06 because you had twisted the upper skinny side.
We have laminated the carbon fiber onto the Z06 mud flaps and they are not much the difference between our finished Z06 carbon parts vs our C6 parts.
The rear mud flaps on Z06 car should be more noticeable than yours. (I don't have parts on hand to check it now, but from my memory that may be the case or maybe I am wrong).
With all due respect, I must comment

Firstly, It's not "Shortski", tis moi who did the original DIY for the "No-Trim" install of the Z06 rear guards on the C6.

Lets use common sense. ( No allowed )

By your own admission you are laminating your material onto a stock Z06 guard.
You're adding thickness and are "exagerating" the contour.
Proven so by your requirement to use longer push pins.
Do you even use a mold to laminate ?????

As far as "more noticeable", if I am using an untrimmed Z06 guard, then it's the same profile regardless of how "twisted" any part of the guard is.
Remove no material and it must be "same - same ".
It can't be mounted as you claim in a lower position as it must match the body contour.

The Z06 appears more obtrusive because of the wide body "bulge".

$40.00 for the OEM guard set, $20.00 for tape, less then a hour of DIY time sure is more cost effective.
Furthermore the install is done without the addition of mounting holes, so it is completely reversible with no damage to paint or body.

Just sell your product on its merits in a positive manner instead of trying to justify the exorbitant price point that you've established by comparing to other methods that work

Altech is a molded product, required tooling and a front and rear set can be had for under $100.00 delivered.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:03 PM
WHT
Drifting

Would you consider a "group buy" price as an introductory offer for the Forum? If so, I will buy a full set and think others will too.

You will have more success with these after people start to install them and others see the quality and fit. I doubt most people realize the cost of making molds and producing limited quantities. Good luck.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:05 PM
shortski
Drifting

Originally Posted by RBYCC
With all due respect, I must comment

Firstly, It's not "Shortski", tis moi who did the original DIY for the "No-Trim" install of the Z06 rear guards on the C6.

Lets use common sense. ( No allowed )

By your own admission you are laminating your material onto a stock Z06 guard.
You're adding thickness and are "exagerating" the contour.
Proven so by your requirement to use longer push pins.
Do you even use a mold to laminate ?????

As far as "more noticeable", if I am using an untrimmed Z06 guard, then it's the same profile regardless of how "twisted" any part of the guard is.
Remove no material and it must be "same - same ".
It can't be mounted as you claim in a lower position as it must match the body contour.

The Z06 appears more obtrusive because of the wide body "bulge".

$40.00 for the OEM guard set, $20.00 for tape, less then a hour of DIY time sure is more cost effective.
Furthermore the install is done without the addition of mounting holes, so it is completely reversible with no damage to paint or body.

Just sell your product on its merits in a positive manner instead of trying to justify the exorbitant price point that you've established by comparing to other methods that work

Altech is a molded product, required tooling and a front and rear set can be had for under $100.00 delivered.
Glad you checked in, I wasn't trying to take credit and was going to respond to APIS but you did such a good job no need. BTW thanks for the write up when you did your's I ordered mine from Gene and just waiting for the snow to stop before doing the install.

Quick Reply: *NEW* Apsis C6 Mud Flap (Z06 Style) Now Available