C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*BEWARE of APSIS*

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 12:16 PM
robbiC5
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default *BEWARE of APSIS*

Guys, I have to tell you what happened to me from our forum vendor, Apsis. About a month ago, I ordered one of their silver carbon steering wheels, along with a 6-speed **** and brake handle. Very expensive @ $1200 for the three pieces, but they had them in stock and I did not want to wait for the normal 3 week turnaround @ DSV or VE for leather. I gotta tell ya, the **** and handle were pretty much perfect, but the steering wheel had several defects ( yellow glue visible between the airbag module and spokes, slight bumpiness in the replacement leather ), just not enough for the hassle of a return, so I kept the wheel. Looks great by the way, in fact, looks so good that I decided to get a few more small pieces to spread out the CF ( upper dash, door areas, etc...). OK, here is were everything goes sour. I orderd the A pillar vents, airbag on/off cover and the drivers window switch bezel @ approx. $700!? Keep in mind that I was expecting to see the parts "wrapped in CF" per their website. It was nothing more than adding CF to the "TOP" of each part? Not happy with the parts, I called around and found a co. that sells the exact CF that Apsis uses ( he stated that the co. had worked with Apsis many times ) and ordered a 32 piece kit, including the door sills in CF, for only $296! The day after, I call Apsis and talk to the lady and explain what I was doing and she said "fine". I send them back their parts and everything seems ok. Well, the next day Jersey calls me and says "Rob, did she tell you that there is a 20% restock fee?" and I said no. She told me that it was fine that I was sending the parts back, so I did. I then tell Jersey that nowhere on his website does it state a 20% fee, nor did she tell me when I told her that I was sending the parts back. Guys, I feel that I did not warrent a loss of $140, especially since I had the parts only one day and had spent $1200 just a few weeks earlier. Also, he lost any future business w/me, as I would have certainly bought more for this or my future Vettes. Guys, I know that he spent some time sending me these items but I paid shipping both ways and the total weight of the package was less than a lb.. I just feel really bad about this, I've sent numerous parts back w/other vendors and haven't had problems like this, especially since it was never installed. I just don't think that Jersey cares about customer service, he does at the beginning of the sale, but after that, you're on your own! I mentioned that if he charged me 20% I would let the forum know and he said "Oh, you [I]will[I]be charged, I don't care". APSIS IS NOT HONORABLE!!
Old 02-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Silverspeed
Team Owner

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15

What I want to know is where you got the 32 piece kit for $297.00? PM me if you want.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Unresolved disputes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Forum allows a factual post on an unresolved dispute with a vendor or another member once all efforts to resolve the issue offline have been exhausted. Then, the post must be factual and cannot be used to bash the vendor or the member. Once the post has been made, it cannot be repeated in other sections or on other days.

Moderators will try to leave such threads open until everybody with direct knowledge of the issue being addressed has had a chance to provide their version of the facts. The thread must not become a running debate on the accuracy of the “facts” and may not deteriorate into an exchange of personal attacks. Neither should be used as an opportunity for speculation by those who do not have direct knowledge of the issue.

Once there has been the opportunity for the facts on all sides to be posted, the thread will be locked. It will remain in the database and will be available for review by those who are researching the topic, vendor or member.

The Forum is not in a position to monitor transactions or to determine the “true facts” in most disputes. Upon request, however, the Forum will try to intervene and mediate a settlement suitable to all parties in a dispute. When issues are resolved in the matter, it will be posted to the original dispute thread so it becomes part of the searchable record. We believe that is a more useful record of performance for potential customers than would be an eBay-style rating system.

As has been our past practice, members or vendors who show a pattern of unresolved issues will be removed from Corvetteforum.com.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Tony B4
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Thanks for the warning . Its too bad that you got ripped off ,at least you warned all of us.Thanks.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:53 PM
fastskyline
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it really bothers me when people forget that running ANY kind of business costs money and they try to push all those costs onto the customer. that is not the right way to treat people.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:26 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,589 Likes on 1,626 Posts

I sent defective SS brake lines back to a forum vendor with an RMA. Vendor claims that he never received the parts and has stopped responding to my e-mails. The Box was clearly addressed and contained a clear return address. Moreover, the address information was also inside the box (in case it came off----). I sent the parts USPS so I have not proof that the vendor screwed me, so I won't name the CF vendor in a post. But you may want to start getting proof of delivery on any returns.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:31 PM
shortski
Drifting

Originally Posted by Silverspeed
What I want to know is where you got the 32 piece kit for $297.00? PM me if you want.
Same here, give up the goods
Old 02-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Tom_Slick
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Ditto!! I was interested in doing the wood kit from Apsis seen below. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by Tom_Slick; 02-27-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:34 PM
BADC64GO
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Hey folks, this is what credit cards are for, they deal with the disputes and my credit card company grows big teeth. Any dispute I have ever had my credit card company took care of it in my favor.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:35 PM
HyperX
Team Owner

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Restocking fees are bogus. Shouldn't forum vendors meet some requirements? Only shady vendors that EXPECT returns charge re-stocking fees - as this is the only way they make money.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by Grumpy
Unresolved disputes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Forum allows a factual post on an unresolved dispute with a vendor or another member once all efforts to resolve the issue offline have been exhausted. Then, the post must be factual and cannot be used to bash the vendor or the member. Once the post has been made, it cannot be repeated in other sections or on other days.

Moderators will try to leave such threads open until everybody with direct knowledge of the issue being addressed has had a chance to provide their version of the facts. The thread must not become a running debate on the accuracy of the “facts” and may not deteriorate into an exchange of personal attacks. Neither should be used as an opportunity for speculation by those who do not have direct knowledge of the issue.

Once there has been the opportunity for the facts on all sides to be posted, the thread will be locked. It will remain in the database and will be available for review by those who are researching the topic, vendor or member.

The Forum is not in a position to monitor transactions or to determine the “true facts” in most disputes. Upon request, however, the Forum will try to intervene and mediate a settlement suitable to all parties in a dispute. When issues are resolved in the matter, it will be posted to the original dispute thread so it becomes part of the searchable record. We believe that is a more useful record of performance for potential customers than would be an eBay-style rating system.

As has been our past practice, members or vendors who show a pattern of unresolved issues will be removed from Corvetteforum.com.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:44 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Always use tracking and proof of delivery

Originally Posted by johnodrake
Vendor claims that he never received the parts and has stopped responding to my e-mails. ... I sent the parts USPS so I have not proof that the vendor screwed me, so I won't name the CF vendor in a post. But you may want to start getting proof of delivery on any returns.
Do you really know that the vendor received your return? If the vendor didn't, maybe they're thinking... "this customer never returned the parts to us, and keeps claiming we owe him a refund... and he won't stop trying to scam us"

If you don't know if the vendor received it, I'm not sure why you're thinking the vendor screwed you? Chances are higher that the shipment was actually lost somewhere (in the mail? In their shipping department?) and the vendor really doesn't owe you a refund, than that a CF vendor is purposely trying to rob you of the money that you spent on the parts.

Charging a restocking fee when there's nothing posted on the site... well, that's a different ball of wax. Especially if the parts were unused, and the OP called before returning the products.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:16 PM
goatts
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm big on customer service. I don't forget it when I'm treated right or wrong. Recently had a forum sponsor insult me BEFORE I bought anything so I got the part from Eckler instead.

Last edited by goatts; 02-27-2007 at 05:12 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:34 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 606 Likes on 225 Posts

Me too!
Old 02-27-2007, 02:37 PM
robbiC5
Burning Brakes

-Here is their info:
-Co Name.......Wood Dash Experts, Inc.
-Phone.......1-800-505-3274
-Part #.......CTCE05A
-Description.......main kit, 32pcs. (RSWCF) Real silver wire carbon fiber. Other colors available
-Price......$208.00

-Part #.......CTCE050A
-Description.......Optional door sills, (RSWCF) Real silver wire carbon fiber. Other colors available
-Price......$83.20

.......................................P S.............................

Guys, this is an overlay kit, but it is real CF. But Apsis was also laminated, real CF overlay.

Rob

Last edited by robbiC5; 02-27-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 606 Likes on 225 Posts

I was just on their website and just got off the phone with a sales rep and he said the carbon pieces are 3M applications. In other words, not for me
Old 02-27-2007, 03:02 PM
shortski
Drifting

My $.02, any Forum vendor that charges a restocking charge on new product returned in its original condition with the original packing should not be a forum vendor.

Get notified of new replies

To *BEWARE of APSIS*

Old 02-27-2007, 03:03 PM
johnodrake

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,589 Likes on 1,626 Posts

Originally Posted by WAwatchnut
Do you really know that the vendor received your return? If the vendor didn't, maybe they're thinking... "this customer never returned the parts to us, and keeps claiming we owe him a refund... and he won't stop trying to scam us"

If you don't know if the vendor received it, I'm not sure why you're thinking the vendor screwed you? Chances are higher that the shipment was actually lost somewhere (in the mail? In their shipping department?) and the vendor really doesn't owe you a refund, than that a CF vendor is purposely trying to rob you of the money that you spent on the parts.

Charging a restocking fee when there's nothing posted on the site... well, that's a different ball of wax. Especially if the parts were unused, and the OP called before returning the products.
Gee - ya think you would read the entire post. I said that I have no proof that the vendor actually screwed me. The point was to get proof of delivery so you will know. That said, generally with as much identification as was on and in the package, it doesn't get lost, though I don't discount the possibility. And, no, I have NOT asked them for a refund, I just asked if they have yet received the package - hoping that maybe it will show up - they don't answer any more.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:16 PM
dark_phantom
Le Mans Master

Location: Central Florida. Black Sheep Squadron Member. 465 rwhp & 477 rwtq
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Sorry to hear your bad experience with them. Good luck.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:47 PM
VET4LES
Team Owner

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by BADC64GO
Hey folks, this is what credit cards are for, they deal with the disputes and my credit card company grows big teeth. Any dispute I have ever had my credit card company took care of it in my favor.

Quick Reply: *BEWARE of APSIS*