C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

upgraded interior for 2008?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Deep Blue
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRR

If you want more cup holders, buy a Mini Van
If you want more Leather buy a Caddy, or Lexus

TRR
I look at it this way. I would love to have a Ferrari F40 and that's definitely a no frills interior
Old 02-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Deep Blue
Racer

Originally Posted by AFVETTE
As long as it's an option, the more optional equipment the better. I wish they'd go back to the ala cart option ordering like in the past. I'm sure there are thousands that only wanted a 1LT Z51 with HUD but GM didn't see fit to offer it that way.

The new caddy's have new interiors for 07 and I noticed the dash and doors were covered in leather with really nice stitching. So maybe this is the path Corvette will be taking.

Tom
But doesn't that add more weight? When they designed the car, I believe they looked at every gram they could save.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Radical05
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow this went from question to STFU . Anyway I think the Vette interior is ok just needs a better sound system all the way.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:39 PM
JyymBo
Burning Brakes

I just want to know what the Sienna Leather wrap is...

JimO
Erie, PA
Old 02-27-2007, 10:49 PM
need-for-speed
Team Owner

Received 865 Likes on 608 Posts
CI 1-4-5-8-9-10 Vet
St. Jude Donor '03,'04,'05,'07,08,'09,'10,’17

Originally Posted by Irv
STFU? Over an interior discussion? Have a bad day? How about some civility?

Good point. My bad. Yes, had a bad day.

However, I do get tired of people compairing the Vette interior to that of a $55K Lexus or Infinity while ignoring the difference in performance. I think those people just bought the wrong car.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:51 AM
vetteship
Safety Car

Received 71 Likes on 40 Posts

This is simple, GM can do this as an extra option and see how much this option is in demand. Look at the Aston Martin or the Porsche, the option list is sooo long compared to the Vette. I know the base cars cost more than the Vette, but the "option" concept can very well be the same.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:06 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 153 Likes on 73 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by JyymBo
What is the Sienna Leather wrap you speak of???

JimO
Erie, PA
There in lies the problem Jim, nobody knows it was posted in a thread a "sneak peak" of what's to come but no one has indicated any more information about it. Here is what was posted, take note of the second section on the seating and interior options.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:56 AM
anotherone
Pro

some people want luxury, some performance and some both. I stretched to buy a 2lt and feel I got more than I paid for. Some need to realize there are limitations to what GM can build and be able to sell competitively. For the price im more than pleased. Bonus- found a dealer in Dade City that treated me like I bought a million $ car. Special thanks to forum member steve. This car is just plain fun to drive
Old 02-28-2007, 08:11 AM
oscarav098
Instructor

Of course they can do better and they will. 2008. GM is now updating interiors halfway(give or take) through the life cycle on many of their vehicles. Would I like a better interior? Hell yes! Do I like the current one? sure but it CAN be better. Stop defending your current purchase by getting angry at other forum members whenever they suggest it could be better. Nobody can stop capitalism, I mean, progress.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Z06 L GO
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oscarav098
Of course they can do better and they will. 2008. GM is now updating interiors halfway(give or take) through the life cycle on many of their vehicles. Would I like a better interior? Hell yes! Do I like the current one? sure but it CAN be better. Stop defending your current purchase by getting angry at other forum members whenever they suggest it could be better. Nobody can stop capitalism, I mean, progress.
What's wrong with progress? Get it if you want and leave it alone if you don't....no big deal either way.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:23 AM
vetdude
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It's a real shame when a Tahoe interior is better than that of the Corvette.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:01 AM
mickeykelley
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by need-for-speed
Absolutely. GM struck a perfect balance between performance, creature comforts, and pricing. I hope they do offer an "Infinity /Lexus" grade interior and charge $20K for it so all the whiners will STFU.
Aggies don't act that way.....If you put the banner out to advertise then act the part.... class of '78
Old 02-28-2007, 11:04 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by vetdude
It's a real shame when a Tahoe interior is better than that of the Corvette.
How does your Tahoe do on a road course?
Old 02-28-2007, 11:05 AM
mickeykelley
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by talon90
There in lies the problem Jim, nobody knows it was posted in a thread a "sneak peak" of what's to come but no one has indicated any more information about it. Here is what was posted, take note of the second section on the seating and interior options.

Am I the only one that noticed the format difference in the new features vs the existing ones. The new colors are all cap letters and the package groups are even a different font size. Has this just been a photoshop type of hoax? Maybe I am seeing something that is not there.......
Old 02-28-2007, 11:20 AM
matsarge
Melting Slicks

How does your Tahoe do on a road course?
My thoughts exactly. When a Tahoe laps me on the track I'll care about its interior.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:23 AM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by mickeykelley
Am I the only one that noticed the format difference in the new features vs the existing ones. The new colors are all cap letters and the package groups are even a different font size. Has this just been a photoshop type of hoax? Maybe I am seeing something that is not there.......
Really hard to say not knowing the format of the original. Could it have been done to highlight the new features...who knows. I can say that two different sources posted similar information (one cut and paste like this and one retyped) within a day of each other here on the forum. These two sources were unrelated and in different parts of the country. One of them has some creditbility. The rest is pure speculation. I'll see on the 28th of April.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:16 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

That's interesting. I don't share this opinion but that's just me. We all realize that compromises had to be made in order to get a car that handles and performs as well as ours does for the price that it is offered at. GM Engineering has referred to the C6 and the C5 as a $100,000 car that can be had for $50,000. I tend to agree. If you look at the nearest competition in performance they all cost more. Look at the M series BMW, the Porsche 911 etc. If you look at cars that have nicer interiors but don't cost more, they don't have the performance aspects that our car has. I believe that they found a good balance of performance and creature comforts such that we can outperform most of the competition and still be generally happy with the amenities at a bargain price. Just my thoughts, but I'm not unhappy with the interior and features of my C6.

Paul
Very well said.

And, AF, while I tend to agree with you re a la carte ordering of options, it is quite an expensive route to go for the plant. I think the very fact that (I think) for the first time in many years, Corvette is offering any color combo you want re seats, exterior, top (if roadster) is a tremendous leap forward and one I intend to use.

It's probably not a cheap thing for them to do, but they're doing it anyway. I applaud them for that!!!!

Last edited by AORoads; 02-28-2007 at 12:19 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To upgraded interior for 2008?????

Old 02-28-2007, 12:27 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by vetteship
This is simple, GM can do this as an extra option and see how much this option is in demand. Look at the Aston Martin or the Porsche, the option list is sooo long compared to the Vette. I know the base cars cost more than the Vette, but the "option" concept can very well be the same.
No, I don't think it is so simple. Tell you why: every piece, every item they have to stock, fix, test, and install is a potential problem. Yes, It gives the customer what s/he wants, but at what price to the company? Then there's the seven or more years of stocking replacement parts, etc.

It isn't simple and it may not be cost effective. Keeping it as simple as possible is an axiom that not only sounds good, it works. For everyone.

The computers are not simple, but they are needed to bring us a 400 hp car, that gets 30 mpg on the highway and handles about as well as cars costing $10K to $X K more.

So, let's not over-simplify the issue, too much.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:40 PM
NOVAVETTE
Burning Brakes

All this hype and speculation, and this custom "wrap" will probably only go around the steering wheel.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:49 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Originally Posted by NOVAVETTE
All this hype and speculation, and this custom "wrap" will probably only go around the steering wheel.
I had the exact same thought when I read it earlier.

Quick Reply: upgraded interior for 2008?????