C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head Games

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Mr Valet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Games

It seems that Kerbeck all by itself is looking to change the corvette market without recognizing the age old adage of supply/demand! In today's N.Y.Times ad section it has reduced its 'discount' on 2007s' by a few thousand dollars in their attempt to plant the seed in '07s' buyers' minds that you better get one now as the discounts will not be as much in the future! This, in spite of a purported new engine, new tranny and some other interior options, and also in spite of an economy that doesn't support their stance. I am hoping people won't fall for it.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:16 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,485 Likes on 1,947 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Who was it that said, there's a sucker born every day....
Old 02-04-2007, 12:23 PM
maddogbishop
Instructor

Prices usually start to rise as we get closer to Spring in the typical Corvette market. I'm pretty sure that the huge discounts you see all winter will be reduced as the days get longer & we start to see good weather (keep in mind that Kerbeck's location is Northeast). Also IMO, the changes for 08 are not nearly enough for most of us to upgrade from an 05-07. If your willing to wait for the 08's availability, fine. If you want a Corvette for this Spring & Summer, then demand will prove that the 07's will sell without the same discounts you saw this past winter.
Old 02-04-2007, 12:30 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

I'm sure supply & demand will still play a major role in how many vettes they'll sell when warmer weather gets here. They're not the largest Corvette dealer for nothing.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:13 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 153 Likes on 73 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Originally Posted by maddogbishop
Prices usually start to rise as we get closer to Spring in the typical Corvette market. I'm pretty sure that the huge discounts you see all winter will be reduced as the days get longer & we start to see good weather (keep in mind that Kerbeck's location is Northeast). Also IMO, the changes for 08 are not nearly enough for most of us to upgrade from an 05-07. If your willing to wait for the 08's availability, fine. If you want a Corvette for this Spring & Summer, then demand will prove that the 07's will sell without the same discounts you saw this past winter.

Well said.
Old 02-04-2007, 01:21 PM
ZeusC6
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by Mr Valet
It seems that Kerbeck all by itself is looking to change the corvette market without recognizing the age old adage of supply/demand! In today's N.Y.Times ad section it has reduced its 'discount' on 2007s' by a few thousand dollars in their attempt to plant the seed in '07s' buyers' minds that you better get one now as the discounts will not be as much in the future! This, in spite of a purported new engine, new tranny and some other interior options, and also in spite of an economy that doesn't support their stance. I am hoping people won't fall for it.
Change the market???
They've been the largest Corvette dealer in the WORLD for 12 years straight!
Whats the constant here?
Old 02-04-2007, 01:24 PM
matsarge
Melting Slicks

Old 02-04-2007, 02:14 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I'll jump on that bandwagon.....well-stated and
Old 02-04-2007, 02:34 PM
buzltyr
Racer

I am trying to wait and see what happens to the Z06 price when the new 600+ HP Corvette comes out. I hear it was pushed up because of the release of the 600HP Viper.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:43 PM
scottyc
Racer

They are volume sellers and are finding a way for everyone who wants a way to own a corvette. GM never gives a break on the corvette when they have there sales its always every model except corvette. I bought my 07 from a dealer close to home and they had to come down in price or I would have gone to Kerbecks. Real good old fashion competition. See if the Porsche dealrs will come down a penny
on there price . Thank you Kebeck Corvette.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:54 PM
panama
Advanced

Default for in stock new Vettes Kerbeck makes the market

On coupes Kerbeck is only about one thousand less than these lowest discount over the last few months which was about two-three weeks ago. On verts they are about $1500 less. Spring is coming guys and the discount will be much less regardless. If you want a new Vette, get one while it is winter. They did have a few cars at greater discounts but they were unusual color combos that they must have ordered for somebody that canceled. I wouldn'y buy a Vette from dealer stock anywhere without checking them out first. They have the most discount on IN STOCK cars and the largest IN STOCK selection anywhere. If you are ordering then you could really go anywhere.

Old 02-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,126 Likes on 6,194 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Valet

Wow, someone got up on the wrong side of the rock. You were able to determine Kerbeck's evil plan just by reading a single ad. Amazing.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:00 PM
tombachmann
Instructor

Love the Bears logo ZeusC6. GO Bears! It is Super Bowl Sunday!

Originally Posted by ZeusC6
Change the market???
They've been the largest Corvette dealer in the WORLD for 12 years straight!
Whats the constant here?
Old 02-04-2007, 04:59 PM
BADC64GO
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Hey, there is probably people walking in and paying MSRP for a new 07, so Kerbeck would be doing them a favor!
Old 02-04-2007, 06:09 PM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

Spring is right around the corner. The discounts won't be as deep in the nice weather as they were going in to the frost. Not many people wanted to take delivery of a new Corvette just to put it away for the winter. Things will change now.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Mr Valet
Pro

Seems that LT4CompYell is one of the few that got it.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:39 PM
Jimbeaux
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by buzltyr
I am trying to wait and see what happens to the Z06 price when the new 600+ HP Corvette comes out. I hear it was pushed up because of the release of the 600HP Viper.
Same here...

Get notified of new replies

To Head Games

Old 02-04-2007, 08:57 PM
LATE LIFE TOY LOVER
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, after months on CF & Sky forum, I still cant figure out what IMO means. Please enlighten me.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:10 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default "In My Opinion" - or IMHO - "In My Humble Opinion"...

Originally Posted by LATE LIFE TOY LOVER
OK, after months on CF & Sky forum, I still cant figure out what IMO means. Please enlighten me.
Not that you really see many humble opinions on most forums these days!
Old 02-04-2007, 11:11 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 876 Likes on 588 Posts

Sorry about Da Bears..............

Quick Reply: Head Games