C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help with transmission service issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Gov'sGuy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06
Default Need help with transmission service issue

Finally took my '07 in to get checked out to a new dealer and am running into the "We can't verify" problem.

The first and biggest problem is with the transmission failing. Unfortunately they have no codes because I pulled the breaker to get it running again.
The problem:
On occasion (three times in six months) after leaving the car in neutral for a period of time it won't come out of neutral. I'll put it in park, drive, reverse and nothing; it's dead and the transmission problem light will come on as well as the reduced power light. After reading about this problem here I knew to pull the transmission breaker to reset the computer to get back on the road. Again the problem is it clears the errors too.
Are there any service bulletins that I can point the dealer at to show him the problem?

Squealing breaks:
Any service bulletins?

Thanks,
Al

Last edited by Gov'sGuy; 01-05-2007 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:54 PM
JD1
8th Gear

Default Don't do it

Not being a smart guy but call the roadside 1-800 number or use your on star if you have it,on star can pull the dtc's.Roadside can get you a flat bed cause it's a vette,or call a dealer, but don't pull any fuses,if the TCM is going away the guy can't diagnose it if it's not doing it any more.Seems to me there was a valve body or solenoid message on something but I think was for 05&06,don't give up,go to a dealer that does alot of vettes, but flat bed it when it happens I see alot of tow ins at work and I have hardly ever seen one get damaged bad.Good luck.Buy the way,are you towing anything,and if so how heavy is it?

Last edited by JD1; 01-05-2007 at 07:59 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:51 AM
Gov'sGuy
Racer

St. Jude Donor '06

No I'm not towing anything and ordinarily I would have called for a tow but in one case I was at least 80 miles away from the nearest tow truck on a back mountain road. On the two other occasions it was one in the morning or later, also on back mountain roads so...

I didn't feel like waiting two hours to get a tow to my location then another one and a half to get to a dealer, then how was I going to get home..... The Enterprise rental shop doesn't rent cars at 4am.

I now it would have been better to wait, but I'm a member of the Corvette forum and I had read about this... some where and knew I could get back on the road by pulling the fuse.

What would you have done? Also, I didn't know pulling the transmission fuse would have erased the error codes... who'd a thunk?

I could still use some help on those service bulletins guys.... anyone?

Al
Old 01-06-2007, 12:13 PM
The Clevite Kid
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 69 Likes on 45 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16,'17,'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I have been considering getting one of the code-readers that have been mentioned here on the Forum; if I were in your situation I would definitely get one, and carry it. Then you can read and record the codes yourself, then pull and reinstall your fuse to be on your way. I would also take some photos (cell phone camera?) to document the codes shown on the reader.

Good luck getting this fixed, and plan on a manual transmission in your next Corvette, along with the LS3 engine.

Get notified of new replies

To Need help with transmission service issue

Quick Reply: Need help with transmission service issue