C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transparent Top

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 06:13 PM
vetteluvr452005
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Transparent Top

Got home and had a package waiting for me from Fred Beans . I was so excited because that is my Christmas gift from my husband. Well, when I open the box I notice two big X's on the white plastic that covers the transparent top and realized that they are breaks. One of the breaks is on the edge so that the frame is also bent. I am so upset and now I have to wait til tomorrow to call them and tell them what is happening. I don't know if I should order another one from them or just buy it locally. It will cost me more to have to send it back to them and then they will charge me restocking fees if I don't purchase another one. This is probably the worst Christmas EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Another Yellow
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

It's happened before in shipping. There won't be any restocking fee and I'm pretty sure Fred Beans will pay for the return shipping charge.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Donn'sCpe
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They should take care of all these costs. They have in the past!
Old 12-11-2006, 06:54 PM
vetteluvr452005
Instructor

Originally Posted by Donn'sCpe
They should take care of all these costs. They have in the past!
That makes me feel a lot better.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:58 PM
ghostRder
Safety Car

Originally Posted by vetteluvr452005
Got home and had a package waiting for me from Fred Beans . I was so excited because that is my Christmas gift from my husband. Well, when I open the box I notice two big X's on the white plastic that covers the transparent top and realized that they are breaks. One of the breaks is on the edge so that the frame is also bent. I am so upset and now I have to wait til tomorrow to call them and tell them what is happening. I don't know if I should order another one from them or just buy it locally. It will cost me more to have to send it back to them and then they will charge me restocking fees if I don't purchase another one. This is probably the worst Christmas EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Was this delievered via UPS ? If so Fred Beans should order the pick up at the same time deliever the new one.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:49 PM
V8lust
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

I've only read good things about Fred Beans here. I think it reasonable to stay very optomistic about ultimately being satisifed. But I feel your pain!
Old 12-12-2006, 09:51 AM
vetteluvr452005
Instructor

Originally Posted by V8lust
I've only read good things about Fred Beans here. I think it reasonable to stay very optomistic about ultimately being satisifed. But I feel your pain!
I had only read good things about Fred Beans here too and that is why I ordered from them. I did call them this morning and they were very nice and told me they would ship me another one right away and that all I had to do was put the return shipment tag they are providing on the old box and send it back to them. That makes me feel so much better.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:27 PM
BigJoe
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

One of the few things I didn't like about Fred Beans is they use UPS and the rather flimsy box the top comes in looked like a pack of gorillas played soccer with it. Amazingly my top was scratch free and I have had no trouble with it. Luck of the draw, I guess. Fred Beans should take care of you...
Old 12-12-2006, 12:55 PM
GKrueger
Advanced

Default This may be a bad time of year to ship fragile stuff

FWIW I am going through the same pain but in a private sale with another forum member. He packed the top in enough bubble wrap and shipping tape to probably ship the car with later. Still, in the end one side got torn off and the top chipped on that corner (~1.5" sided traingle).

Locally there were a lot of ads for temps a few weeks ago and I wonder if there are not more of these strewn about who could care less about what is being shipped and only want a check. At work we typically use shock meters and it is amazing what some of this stuff see's for G loads sometimes.

Beans has a good rep and should be helpful. Good luck!
Old 12-28-2006, 01:21 PM
vetteluvr452005
Instructor

Originally Posted by vetteluvr452005
Got the new top from Fred Beans on Friday, December 22 and sent the damaged one back to them with the pre-paid form. I put it on the car and it looks great. KUDOS to Fred Beans for all their help. This turned out to be one of the best Christmas' ever!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2006, 03:33 PM
GMD
Instructor

I'm not sure that temps have a thing to do with it.

I got my first transparent top from a forum member who had it packed by a professional packing/shipping store. The triangle corner was broken off when it arrived. Took weeks to get the money back but finally did.

Got my second one from Fred Beans, unpacked it in front of the UPS driver. Perfect.

Looks great on DSOM!

Get notified of new replies

To Transparent Top

Quick Reply: Transparent Top