C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i know i shouldnt ask this...but...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 12:29 AM
keith5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by surferbee
OMG...that vid was ridiculous...haha...and just so this thread doesnt get too much out of hand...i'm going with BLACK as your color of choice for getting ladies' attention...
Yup, I will say that black is the color of choice for a lady pick up...
Old 11-29-2006, 12:58 AM
codysdad
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default machine silver !

Hell my wife got a Chrysler 300 but she picked silver also.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:45 AM
calemasters
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have Magnetic Red Metallic. The magnetic part attracts so many chicks that when I cruise down Sunset Blvd., I have to roll up the windows and lock the doors. I mean, I only have one passenger seat.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:06 AM
mkiv808
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by humvet
It's not the color of the car but the quality of the mods - like this babe magnet
[Borat]I want to know where you keep this... "***** magnet"?[/Borat]
Old 11-29-2006, 05:33 AM
jklarkpimp
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by mkiv808
[Borat]I want to know where you keep this... "***** magnet"?[/Borat]
Old 11-29-2006, 05:34 AM
jklarkpimp
Melting Slicks

Default god damn should have got red on 2nd thought

Originally Posted by 2006corvette

Old 11-29-2006, 07:42 AM
SpdWhite
Racer

Originally Posted by keith5
Dude, I hate to pop your bubble but the vast majority of slims don't give a damn about Corvettes. They have been told all of their lives that men who drive Corvettes are middle-aged, penile challenged, bad-boy wanna-be's. After owning four models of Corvettes I can tell you that it is mostly car-guys/motorheads who are impressed by Corvettes.

I drive Corvettes for purely selfish reasons. ...

If you want a real panty-dropper you're gonna need one of these in black...

http://www.mbusa.com/models/main.do?modelCode=CLK63A
Have to agree with this. Wife in her SLK350 and me in my LMB Vert will go to shows and park next to each other. The Vette gets is share of attention but the ladies flock around the SLK.
Old 11-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Whiterock1
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Black, but then I'm handsome...
Old 11-29-2006, 12:35 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Red, Victory Red.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:11 PM
humvet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by SpdWhite
Have to agree with this. Wife in her SLK350 and me in my LMB Vert will go to shows and park next to each other. The Vette gets is share of attention but the ladies flock around the SLK.
To many a gal Mercedes = Jewelry and Vettes = Leisure Suit Larry's.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:11 PM
shagsC6
Racer

I have had my drivers side window kissed a few times....White is nice.
Just to make everyone feel good....All colors are great, as long as you like it!
Old 11-29-2006, 01:16 PM
humvet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by humvet
It's not the color of the car but the quality of the mods - like this babe magnet
If the splash guard mod doesn't reel them in surely these will:
Old 11-29-2006, 01:32 PM
C6CPA
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=keith5]
Originally Posted by steve miller

This is my Panty Dropper, and believe me when I tell you EVERYONE who gets in it knows what it is!
QUOTE]

Ok, Ok, I believe you. Dat is soo cool.. But, I have to ask if any ( and I mean ANY) lady of your pursuit has gotten into that car and asked something like "Is this one of those Toyota hybriddy things??"
Be honest...
You are right - it does look like a Prius convertible. Not for me, thanks.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:58 PM
jmc9981
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm 25 and live in NY with an 06 VY, personally i think Velocity Yellow attracts the most attention. I was driving on the expressway one night and 2 girls in a car driving right next to me, asked me to pull over to get my number. Would i marry a girl that picks me up for my car? No way but it sure makes owning a vette alot more fun. I started driving my dads 1979 corvette when i was 16 and I been hooked on corvettes ever since.
Old 11-29-2006, 02:34 PM
steve miller
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

[QUOTE=keith5]
Originally Posted by steve miller

Humbly, I aquiesce. Never having trolled the tropics in an Italian Exotic,
(one of my great regrets in life)
I can only convey my observations from mostly middle America.
(and mostly Southern Middle America, y'all )
The ladies here get real perky when they see a young dude in an open-air Benz. They just seem to "know" that he has all the right stuff.
Dont get me wrong. I'm sure that the Ladies in South Beach know an Italian stud from a run-of-the-mill piece of iron when it rolls by.
Just out of curiosity.. What are the true "Ladies of South Beach" like?
Do they really want that Lamborghini lifestyle? Or do the really just want a happy, fruitful loving life? Even if they have to let you have your Italian Exotics?

Being 51, and living in South Florida for 30 years, I'm "educated enough" to know that South Beach, is the MOST superficial place on the Planet.

These girls want nothing but $. A Mercedes convertable doesn't cut it at a hot club. "Park it in the rear" That's the attitude in Miami. The woman who frequent these places are looking for the Megadollar guys. They're not normal. They think because they've bought a screw on chest, and don't eat at all that they're perfect. Feelings of entitlement to the max.

IMHO opinion, anything about these people that resembles reality is a coincidence. When I say that I could do a "Ton of Damage" down there with my car, I ain't kidding. I'm glad I outgrew that s**t 25 years ago

Steve
Old 11-29-2006, 02:36 PM
steve miller
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by jklarkpimp
so true, my brother has a crossfire roadster and some chick comes up to him and says nice mustang

ladys like the white

Beautiful ride!!
Old 11-29-2006, 03:14 PM
UBETRUN
Pro

Originally Posted by Tim06
But the bad girls want a bad boy in black.

And bad girls are more than worth the hassle of keeping a black Corvette clean.

Get notified of new replies

To i know i shouldnt ask this...but...

Old 11-29-2006, 05:01 PM
humvet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

[QUOTE=steve miller]
Originally Posted by keith5
They're not normal. They think because they've bought a screw on chest...
Steve

Old 11-29-2006, 05:54 PM
Morrisman
Instructor

I have a Velocity Yellow C6. It's not the girls looking at it, it's the guys that look at it. Don't buy a Vette to pick up chicks. I love my Vette and what it stands for. Girls don't appreciate engineering, speed, braking cornering. Therefore, why would they like this car? When my wife is sitting in the Vette alone, she says she can't believe how many guys stare at the car. Older guys don't want you to see them admiring your Machine, but they stare at it when you are not in it. Teenage boys stare at it whether you are in it or not.

My wife doesn't care for Vettes. She loves her minivan for its functionality, but she doesn't take a 2nd look at another one on the road. She will take a second look at small Mercedes convertibles because she would like one for herself. The cars that will make her look twice are $250,000 red Ferrari's and Lambo's. Not because she wants one but because she knows this car says money and she wants to see what the rich person driving looks like.

If I had a choice between owning a Ferrari and a Vette, I would pick the Vette because it is a real sports car. It is a beautiful statement of engineering. It goes fast, it corners fast, it brakes fast and it has a beautiful and functional aerodynamic design. You can drive it hard and not worry about breaking it. And it is really quite comfortable when you drive it at normal speeds.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:24 PM
surferbee
Advanced

Originally Posted by Morrisman
I have a Velocity Yellow C6. It's not the girls looking at it, it's the guys that look at it. Don't buy a Vette to pick up chicks. I love my Vette and what it stands for. Girls don't appreciate engineering, speed, braking cornering. Therefore, why would they like this car? When my wife is sitting in the Vette alone, she says she can't believe how many guys stare at the car. Older guys don't want you to see them admiring your Machine, but they stare at it when you are not in it. Teenage boys stare at it whether you are in it or not.

My wife doesn't care for Vettes. She loves her minivan for its functionality, but she doesn't take a 2nd look at another one on the road. She will take a second look at small Mercedes convertibles because she would like one for herself. The cars that will make her look twice are $250,000 red Ferrari's and Lambo's. Not because she wants one but because she knows this car says money and she wants to see what the rich person driving looks like.

If I had a choice between owning a Ferrari and a Vette, I would pick the Vette because it is a real sports car. It is a beautiful statement of engineering. It goes fast, it corners fast, it brakes fast and it has a beautiful and functional aerodynamic design. You can drive it hard and not worry about breaking it. And it is really quite comfortable when you drive it at normal speeds.
...fair enough...

Quick Reply: i know i shouldnt ask this...but...